Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Briefing room 1, level 12  (Read 8274 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Briefing room 1, level 12
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2018, 02:21:39 PM »

Aurore nodded to Sakai's request, making her way to the center of the room. She pretended that she didn't notice what Hatfield and Paine had done, since there was no harm in it. Personally, she wanted to duck out for something to eat as well but just didn't have time. Hopefully, the briefing wouldn't take long. And equally hopefully, she hoped that the Americans or Australians had control of the mess hall's menu. Despite (or perhaps in spite of) her nationality, she had grown rather attached to the food she had been exposed to while studying in Arizona.

Brian and his team more or less took the same seats they had when they had been here earlier, though now Astrid was sitting next to Brian instead of Nikolai, who moved to take her place between Denis and Stan. Denis, of course, did not miss an opportunity to shoot Bobbie a wink and a grin, as he obviously had only suspended his activities because of the fact they had been on another aircraft and on-mission. Despite the gravity and fatigue of the situation, SG-7 all bore the slight smiles of professionals who had the quiet satisfaction of a job well done. Even Doctor Grecko, who was obviously up there in years and likely hadn't undertaken one of these missions in some time, was quite happy.

"You did well out there, Doctor. A credit to GROM." Nikolai commented.

"I must admit, I do feel a bit younger right now. I think I am going to enjoy this over being locked in a dusty archive all day." Stan replied.

"Doc, with your moves, I think I'm right in saying that it's probably your kids who have a hard time keeping up, not the usual other way around." Brian added.

"He's like the uncle that you always want to visit but never want to mess with." Denis said.

"Now let's not all pick on Uncle Stan." Astrid giggled. Stan just laughed in response.

"I didn't realize I was adopting four more children when I took this patch. Oh dear." Stan said with a sideways grin.

"Imagine how I feel, Doctor, and I started today with no children." Aurore chimed in. That got some laughs from SG-7.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #211 on: May 03, 2018, 09:57:11 PM »

Kim felt a bit guilty about sneaking food, but she couldn't help it either. She nodded.  "Seems good enough to me," she answered, moving toward the seats.

Michelle made her way into the Briefing Room.  Getting used to being in charge was certainly taking its toll on her.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 218
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #212 on: May 04, 2018, 06:24:23 PM »

<Briefing Room>

There was one thing Bobbie had learned over the years, it didn't matter what rank you were, when the most senior NCO of the base or wherever you were spoke, you shut the hell up. They were like Gods, where even a general or Admiral might tread softly around them. In reality, they were the pullers and pushers, they were the ones who got things done. Bobbie wiped the remnants of the energy bar from her lips, leaving still a mark on one side she had no idea was there, sat down promptly keeping her head straight ahead. "I think we shut up now." Still she couldn't resist a very soft giggle only Kim could hear. Did she not take anything serious?

"Are you alright?" Josile asked Harley as her and the MCU took their seats nearby. Typically Josile worried about her friends from Earth, all of them really. The Cavalieros thought often that those not of their world surrounded themselves with too many luxuries, too many conveniences in life to be hardened warriors such as themselves. Often though they were proved wrong on that score.

"Ahem." From Miki that was the call for silence. "First of all from Colonel Bixby and myself, we thank you all for returning safely. The prisoner is secured, but as yet we've not heard from the Forerunners. That being so, Commandant Aurore will now debrief."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!
« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2018, 06:39:26 PM »

"Erm...a bit premature, since I prefer to review all of the combat data before doing so, but I suppose we can at least get something of a post-battle assessment going here." Aurore said, "From my understanding, we inflicted most of our damage on the enemy's naval capacity, with the destruction of several small surface combatants and their lead battleship. Their primary power generation facility was also destroyed, which likely may inflict long term damage to their infrastructure. Both assaults appeared to have been pulled off without a hitch."

"Captain Coffin, can you provide some insight on your operation and then we'll move to Captain Lawler." Aurore said. Brian cleared his throat before speaking up.

"Ah, positive notes first, I guess. The use of Intar ammunition, though it still is a problem for maintaining stealth, did allow us to act as aggressively as possible without loss of life. By using a mix of aggressive breaching tactics, as well as the deployment of less-lethal weapons, we were able to execute the operation effectively. However, I do have some issues to bring up." Brian said, taking a breath, "First of all, the lapses in intelligence gathering could have seriously ruined this operation. We went in blind and got lucky. I'm not sure how or why the Forerunners were permitted to fly under the radar like they did, but we were on the wrong end of one of their charges yesterday. All due respect, but why the hell do we have half of NATO here if we're just going to put only SG teams on the line?"

"A point I intend to raise with several people, Captain. The force deployment disparity is poor, and as poor form as this is, I am going to recommend that the NATO force commander be replaced with someone riding on more than a name. There have been lapses, but we are going to address them going forward. Continue." Aurore said.

"Yes, ma'am. We also did not maximize our forces in this operation. I feel that SG-15 playing rear guard was a waste of their time and a potential liability for my team when we were aiming to utilize mobility, stealth and aggression. They should have been provided a target of their own to pursue. Likely, they should have been sent after MCU-1's target and we could have used MCU-1 for a harder target, given their rather large unit size." Brian said, glancing at both teams as he mentioned them. "But again, given the speed this operation was put together, it was the best we could do, and hindsight tends to give us a lot." Brian concluded.

"Very well. Captain Lawler, you may proceed." Aurore said.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #214 on: May 11, 2018, 01:24:23 AM »

Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #215 on: May 11, 2018, 04:16:48 AM »

Captain Harley Lawler - USMC
1st Lieutenant John Spencer - USMC
1st Lieutenant Alexander Ramirez - USAF
Lieutenant JG Jane Iles - USN
Gunnery Sergeant Bradley Cooper - USMC
Staff Sergeant Tony Espisito - USMC
Sergeant Patrick Rayes - USMC
Sergeant Ruby Miranda - USMC
HM Corpsman 2nd Class Timmothy O’Brian - USN
Corporal Martin Grant - USMC
Corporal Harold McGraw - USMC
Corporal Josh Patterson - USMC
HM Corpsman 3rd Class Stephen Edwards - USN
Lance Corporal Pablo Garcia - USMC
Lance Corporal Karl Abraham - USMC
Lance Corporal Thomas James - USMC
Lance Corporal William O’Hera - USMC
Lance Corporal Robert Simpson - USMC
Lance Corporal Walter Manning - USMC

Harley looked up and stammered for a moment. Not because she didnt have anything to say, more that she was trying to make it mesh with what had been said before in her mind before she started to speak.
"Well... I would agree with Captain Coffin's assessment of the situation, admittedly we only encountered light resistance and were able to deal with it using the Zats room by room and marshalling all of the prisoners to one room, this sort of task isnt really what my team is designed for." She decided not to elaborate on that, as none of their time on the Alpha site had fit in with their initial mission mandate when she had left SG-8. "I feel a smaller team should have been sent in or a bigger team. Its likely a single SG team could have filled the role, or if not it would have been better to get a platoon of the NATO forces, we secured the building but I think if the enemy wanted too they could have stormed in and wiped us out. Again I agree with Captain Coffin, Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I do just feel that, it maybe could have been done better had NATO been a little more involved and we were given a little more time for the preplanning."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #216 on: May 11, 2018, 08:26:09 AM »

Kim barely managed to bite back a giggle as the two friends quickly took a seat.  It seemed like her and Bobbie were always smiling and maybe not always at the appropriate time.  She quickly sobered though and sat straight as Miki cleared her throat.  Bobbie was right.  They needed to shut up now.

Teya listened quietly to the reports.  It was true.  They had been lucky.  It wasn't something she liked to count on as it could cost too many lives.  thankfully this time it hadn't.  Although if the look on Aurore and Michelle's faces were any indication things were about to be changed and for the better if she had to guess.

Michelle sat at the back, listening to the reports.  She hated not being able to be out in the middle of things.  She was used to being in action, but this had required her to stay behind the desk.  Not something she was used to.  She was glad to hear though that the quickly pulled together mission hadn't ended in any deaths.  She would have to talk with Miki and Aurore later and see what they could do to get things running more smoothly.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #217 on: May 13, 2018, 04:13:07 PM »

"I concur with your points as well, Captain Lawler." Aurore said, "Very well. I think we can all agree that timing was a bit too tight, we need to address the problems with force deployment, and we got lucky. But we also executed the mission to the best of our capabilities regardless and performed our roles with speed, precision and appropriate force."

"Flight crews, anything you would like to add?" Aurore said. She unzipped one of her sleeve pockets and removed a notepad, and began scribbling notes down in it, both in French and English as her mind tended to work in these situations. It did mean that sometimes they were all but incomprehensible to anyone but her, as the change of language would happen mid notation sometimes. While she was French, the aviation profession operated on English, and she was in a facility largely run by the Americans, so it made sense that it happened when she was just writing as thoughts hit her.

There was a slight smile on her face as an idea hit her that was completely unrelated.

Don't forget Aldo next time

While Aurore didn't regret leaving EC 3/3 six years ago, sick of dealing with the problems her father's name brought onto her, she had some friends still from there. One of them was Aldo Junior, a 150kg European wild boar who was the squadron mascot. He was the most recent in a long line of boars who were the squadron mascot since World War One, and a rarity in this day and age. The pilots of 3/3 had a habit of taking up a plush toy version of Aldo on flights, and Aurore was among them, even after she left. She had taken "her" Aldo on a number of her flights in F-302s, and only timing had caused her to forget to unpack him for this one. Like the rest of the pilots of 3/3, she kept the running joke of Aldo racking up more flight hours on more aircraft and more munitions deployed than any other pilot going by keeping her own records, even if these wouldn't be able to be openly attributed to Aldo for some time, if ever.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2018, 01:24:18 AM »

<Briefing Room>

That was Bobbie's cue. She gave Kim a quick tap letting her know all her friend had to do was back her up where necessary; as simple as that. "Ma'am if I may." She said standing to be seen and heard. "There were as far as the flight crews were concerned few issues. Though since we are talking about what could have been done better, or using hindsight, I think personally we could have made use of the resources we have at hand. Sending two 401's was totally unnecessary and a good waste of valuable crewing. I will add that no one is to blame for this as there was simply no time really to look into what we have. But I think it would have been far easier to utilize the 340 asset we have here the Guadalcanal for this entire exercise. Admittedly she couldn't have done the tactical precision bombing we did, but then she does have a store of weapons suites that could have achieved the same outcome from orbit while the ground teams were inserted via beaming. Well, that's my two cents worth at least."

Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2018, 05:40:13 PM »

Kim nodded.  She would back Bobbie however she needed.  She listened while nodding.  Everything Bobbie was saying made perfect sense.

Michelle took her own set of notes. She would get together with Aurore and Miki later and see what they could come up with.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2018, 12:23:00 AM »

<Briefing Room>

"May I speak?" Josile took a turn while Bobbie was still standing. "I'd like to get this off my mind while it is still fresh. My people and I are in your debt, all of you. I have no idea what may happen now since we've taken their Empress captive, but my hope is this will bring this senseless war to a swift end. So from my heart, I thank you all."

Miki looked somewhat embarrassed, it wasn't often those in the Stargate program were thanked so genuinely for doing nothing more than what they had signed up for, it wasn't expected. All she could do was give Josile a warm smile as she stepped up beside Aurore once again, in between Michelle. "I think ma'am we can conclude the de-brief, we do though need to assign someone to lead the interrogation of the prisoner, would you like me to suggest one of our experts in the craft?" She had someone perfect in mind. 
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2018, 12:48:05 AM »

"Ma'am, my profession has a motto: These Things I Do, So That Others May Live. I think all of us here will agree that we were more than happy to play a part in this for that very reason. We're soldiers by profession but we're not here to take lives. Some of us came here because it represented a new frontier to explore, others looking for the next challenge. But if we can make things just a little bit better out here than how we found it, then that's a good day." Brian said. All of SG-7 voiced their agreement to that sentiment.

"Well spoken, Captain. And I'm going to call this meeting as adjourned. Team leaders and aircraft captains, have your after action reports submitted by 1900 tomorrow. All teams here are to stand down for the next 48 hours, I'm countermanding the order to keep putting SG teams on the frontlines, NATO will step up and deploy. If another high profile mission such as this comes up, you may be called upon, but do not expect to go to the front except in an emergency. Dismissed." Aurore said.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #222 on: May 18, 2018, 08:32:20 PM »

Michelle blew out a silent breath.  A lot has happened.   She was going to have a lot to read through and lots of phone calls to make.  It seemed ,like there were loop holes that had been missed and ones having to pick up the slack that shouldn't have been expected to.

Michelle stood up as everyone was dismissed.  "Looks like there Is a lot to discuss now," she said.  "Thank you both for the help."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #223 on: May 21, 2018, 09:21:10 PM »

<Briefing Room>

To hear the words from Captain Coffin and his team helped instill a great deal of confidence in Josile. A part of the concern that had been seen on her normally placid face of late was due to the fact that there were many voices raised by the Council of Elders pertaining to the existence of Earth's forces on their world; many saw them as nothing but opportunists, soldiers of fortune, mercenaries employed by Josile to do the things that the Cavaleiros found distasteful or in some cases they weren't aggressive enough showing far too many signs of mercy in battle. Now she had what she needed, the very evidence to take to the council that the way the Eartherns conduct themselves particularly on the war front. "Your being here Captain Coffin was as you may have heard seen as a grace by some and curse by others. The previous commanders of the Alpha site have had that thorn in their side since day one. Your actions today will help me dispel those voices of disquiet once and for all. Again I thank you all. Colonel Bixby I will return as soon as I can, for now I must convey to my people the good news we have brought back. A good eve to you all." She moved then with the grace of a dancer, with the ferocity of a lioness.

<<To Foreston>>

Bobbie had to move slightly to allow Josile leave, she didn't mind. She knew the woman three years ago when she was here last and her feelings hadn't changed; that being someone dependable who spoke with their heart, acted from their soul a person you could always turn to. She liked her a great deal. Once the Cavalieros leader was gone she looked towards the front, the dismissal was in a way permission for her and Kim to hit the bunk. The problem was their bunks were 200 miles south in a freezing little tent; they were after all only brought back to base for this mission. It was late of course, so perhaps. "We need sleep and more sleep after a hot shower Kim." She said to her friend, then addressed Aurore. "Major, with your permission may we stay at the base until morning before returning to Merrenden?"

Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #224 on: May 21, 2018, 09:26:57 PM »

As the discussion wound down Miki felt her small PAD vibrate in her side pocket, she pulled it out to read the message (one of several). She looked at it hard to make sure she understood, then looked up at Michelle and Aurore. "Colonel San, Major San, a brief message from the SGC, Captain Lawler and her MCU team are to be recalled to Earth pending further orders."

Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

lethal-pageant