Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Atlantis: Main Armoury  (Read 1613 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 209
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis: Main Armoury
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 05:57:28 PM »

"We seem to be going the same way Commander." Teyla said casually as the two met in the passageway coming from different directions. Teyla from her own quarters and Jordan from those assigned to her, on a different level for the time being until she was given permanent quarters in the main section.

"So we do, Teyla isn't it? I've heard much about you." Jordan could only relate what John had told her about his team back on the Alpha site though, much of what she learned was from files to which when she was the former site's XO she had access to unlimited resources. There wasn't much she didn't know about the lead teams from both the SGC and Atlantis.

"Yes it is." Teyla blushed just slightly, giving a little back in return. "And I you. John told me your story some years ago, I never though realized I'd ever actually meet you."

"Story? That'd be a good one I imagine. Not my whole life I expect." She was giving one of her very rare smiles now.

Shaking her head Teyla replied. "Oh no. We we talking one day I think it was about four years ago about random things on earth. The subject of women came up, well it was in a debate really with some others, we were talking about influential people in our own worlds. People who had made a difference. Apparently you did and had made rather an impression on a younger John Sheppard." She tapped her chin. "I believe you upset some people in Government circles did you not?"

"God, I can't believe he would have remembered that, it was so long ago. But yes in a way I did, I mean upset a few, more than a few. But influential, no not really, I think I simply helped pave the way for a long needed change."

"Humble as well Commander, that is a good trait. We're here now." She stopped outside the armory, the door was open with Lorne already there.

"Please, call me Jordan." She was going to mention something about being humble not really fitting her but brushed it aside.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 06:08:40 PM »

Lorne looked up suddenly, no he was being random. "Give me a minute Coops, I need to find out from Teyla just how big that space is." He was about to tap his radio when he heard the voices behind him. "Right just in time. Teyla, do you know who big this gate room is? We need to know in case I've got this wrong." The tip of his finger indicating the box with the 'gas' mark on it.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2017, 07:34:15 PM »

Colour Sergeant Ralph Cooper

Cooper nodded. He haddnt meant to sound so organized. if it were up to him he would provide them with all they have an just have them return what was left over. But this was Atlantis, and the numbers would be crunched back on earth by some IOA Book keeper

He quickly chirped in. "Also, Ventilation. If there are no air vents in the target destination it will hang around, maybe make holding the position later on difficult if things, but if there are vents, you may want to compensate and have extra gas..." He shrugged a little. "Just things to take in to consideration." he added.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 12:27:02 AM »

"Jordan it is then, thank you." She didn't have time to carry on the conversation, Lorne had already spotted them or at least heard them. Her memory of that world was still reasonably fresh, as she had only been there not nine months ago. "Unless they've changed things which I doubt, it is about the same size as your gate room back on Earth, perhaps eight meters longer but roughly the same width. Its on the ninth level below the surface, there is a bunker directly in line with the Stargate, but in general if it is fully manned, there will be four guards, two each behind an armored blast shield one to each side of the gate platform." What else was there as she recalled. "Once they are neutralized, we can access the upper levels via a floodway escape chute that has an access ladder withing that goes to every level above. As for venting, they do have methane gas issues from time to time and we can vent the space ourselves from the bunker if need be." That was about it, all Jordan could do was whistle between her teeth.

Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2017, 06:18:08 PM »

"Commander." Lorne had forgotten his manners in the rush of things as he inclined his head to O'Neil, then returned his attention to the matter at hand. "That big huh, excuse me Coops." He snatched up the little calculator sitting on the desk, punched a few numbers that soon gave him the exact answer he needed, plus a little err on the side of caution.

"We'll need eight altogether and Teyla, good call on the venting systems they have. If we need to call in more since that stuff will take a good hour to dissipate, it'd be better than to waste time." Delivery wasn't a problem, as they were simply loaded into a tear gas gun. "You'd better rally your team by the way, we have thirteen minutes left before kick of time." At that point he wondered if he should call Kermis and DiNozzio, then though he'd best not if he wanted this to go smoothly. "Add four tear gas guns to the list if you would please Cooper."

*Mim edit-color mixed*
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:13:51 PM by Mim »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2017, 03:53:06 PM »

"You want launchers?" He asked a little suprised. "Cant you just toss a few self contained grenades through the gate my hand? Sounds like using guns you'll just be firing them in to the back of their gate room..." he still proceed to fetch the launchers as asked. "I also take it you'll all be wanting P90's like average AR teams?" he asked.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2017, 09:56:30 PM »

"Sergeant?" Jordan wasn't used to officers being questioned by NCO's no matter how well they knew their job, especially when they were on the timer. "So if someone got sloppy before they threw it, you know how easily that happens? Seen it a thousand times with grenades, arm comes back..oops."

Teyla guffawed at that, she could see it happening all too clearly. "We really must hurry, we have no idea if John's team are in trouble as we've not hear any contact from the Dreadnought since they left."

Jordan agreed. "Just lets get this all loaded onto our people, we do need to move." She tapped her coms. "Valentine, Agathon, Julia do you copy? Get yourselves down to the armory asap."

@Shadowlord @MeredithMcKay @DanielRyder
Far Dareis Mai

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2017, 03:30:35 AM »

<From Cafeteria>

There had been no time to waste and John arrived hurriedly from his last destination displayed by the sauce still around his mouth.

“Sorry Commander, came as quickly as I could.” Using the Cafeteria napkins to wipe his mouth.

“I’m feeling one hundred percent.” He said moving to gain the new weapon and gate off with his team.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 03:29:00 PM »

<From her Quarters>

"[color] Sorryfor the delay...
I set the camera down and couldn't find it in my room for a while... [/color]"

A slight rouge came to her cheeks as they flushed, she knew she wasn't the most organized of anyone...she could have the most powerful device in the galaxy and she was more than likely to loose it in the clutter.

Without much more talk from her, she began to grab her gear.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 04:10:27 PM »

*radio*

"Major Lorne, Mister Woolsey asks when you and Commander O'Neil are ready to leave?"
Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 05:30:18 PM »

Ralph looked to the US SEAL and raised a brow at being called Sergeant instead of the British vernacular he was still used too. A lot of the longer serving Atlantis personnel had picked up on it and called him Colour Cooper, though he was sure many of them didn't actually know why as his rank insignia was the same as the more common British Staff Sergeant.

As the Commander explained he simply nodded, he could see where she was comming from, but he was also under the impression that most, if not all of the Atlantis military personal were drawn from Special Forces of some kind. So the idea that one of them being sloppy was a little concerning. The thought somebody could mess up pulling a pin and rolling the canister through the gate with a bit of force worried him. But he decided to not speak his mind.

"Okay, well tell me what you want and how much ammo you need then sign it out on the form on the desk whilst I grab it."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2017, 08:45:04 PM »

"The usual Coops, we're doing what we always do. Which I believe could get quite hairy. So whatever you think we can carry will be fine. Teyla?" He knew Jordan would have her own ideas, he wasn't fussy though.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2017, 07:28:51 PM »

Jon came along just in a nick of time. After a quick shower to get the heat and humidity off, he had a quick protein snack just right when his commander called him by radio. Realizing how far he was from the armory, he stuffed the last bit of his granola bar and drank the last bit of his water before reaching the teleporter. Wiping his mouth and making sure his bdu gear was still on, he pressed for the quick teleport to another deck.

After the white flash of the Ancient's teleporting device, he rushed out of the small room and ran for a bit before stopping in the room. Entering the room, he reported in, "Lieutenant Agathon reporting in. I'm ready," he said that generally in the armory room. Breathing a sigh, he hoped he hadn't missed his cue. As the XO of the team, he didn't want to appear unprofessional by being late. As usual.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 10:38:42 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2017, 10:33:34 PM »

'About damned time!' Jordan swore under her breath, yet remained composed. "Since we've not gone out with the P90, I think its time my team got familiar with it. We'll take our SIG P226 side arms thank you, enough rounds for each weapon to cater for at least 5 hours engagement, we can always re-supply from the Dread I imagine. Oh and six standard grenades for each and flashbangs, I think that should do it Colour Sergeant, unless you have any other suggestions of course." She glanced at Jon, she wasn't too pleased but he wouldn't know it. "We'll be using gas Jon, so until we're clear of their gateroom, we'll be wearing breathers."

Teyla was non plussed, to her it was a standard mission, she couldn't add to what she usually carried. "My normal gear thank you Ralph."

"Julia, is there anything special you need?" Jordan was aware that her scientist may need something extra, so long as it wasn't too heavy of course.

@MeredithMcKay @Bowsy 112 @Shadowlord
Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2017, 11:24:29 AM »

Ralph quickly picked out the P90's from the rack. Though of course the unique chest harness type slings wernt with them, those were in the other room as were all of the other equipment they might need, but they had the little strap with the clip on them ready. He lined all 6 on the desk infront of him, before he added the M9's for Teyla and Lorne and then lastly the SIG P226R pistols for the Commander's team.
"One last thing, will you be needing a shotgun? We've just had some new Benelii M4's come in. British Army use them so I can tell you they are good bits of kit, If your using the right ammo. Which we have a range of? Though you may also want the USAS 12 that seams to be popular with some of your Marines."
Pages: 1 [2] 3