Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Atlantis: Gear Up Room  (Read 686 times)

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
Atlantis: Gear Up Room
« on: September 09, 2014, 09:34:40 PM »

| Located down the hall from the Gateroom (when passing under the Base Commander's Office), the Gear up Room holds all essentials for missions that are not weapons or personal radios and uniforms |

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 205
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis: Gear Up Room
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 09:52:13 PM »

Zane steps up to the window of the gear up room, not looking forward to gearing up in full winter layers.  "Lt. Zane Kemp, AR-2, reporting," he says, flashing his ID card and signing in via the hand scanner provided. "Sounds like we need to bundle up for this one..."

The corporal manning the desk didn't bother to look up from the tablet on the desk in front of him as it flashed a confirmation of Zane's ID. "Yes sir, looks like you do." He buzzed Zane in and met him inside the door, leading him to the men's cold weather gear area. He glanced down at the tablet in his hands and back up at Zane, eyeing him from head to toe critically. "Measurements current?"

"Yep," Zane sighed. Every few weeks they made everyone resubmit their measurements- inseam, waist, chest, etc. It was embarrassing as hell but Zane had to admit that not once had a piece of gear not fit. The corporal made some kind of noise of concession and started going through the inventory. In short order Zane had boots, insulated pants, and a parka, as well as snow goggles, a knit cap, and a pair of gloves. Spares of the cap and gloves were tucked into the interior pockets of the parka, and the corporal declared him set to go.

With the stark white and greys of the winter gear against the darker hues of black, blue, brown and green BDUs, Zane felt like he stuck out like a sore thumb. He hated wearing mission gear in the hallways, but it couldn't be helped. He had to have it on in order for the armoury staff to fit the hardware he needed to carry. With a sigh he glanced at the clock over the door and headed toward the Main Armoury.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:48:26 PM by ShelBel »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 11:54:08 AM »

{Corporal John Benton }

Evan had spent more time than he should have in his quarters, going over mission reports about the previous encounters with the Eldari, and he made it to the gear-up room in a hurry.
He signed in, and the corporal led him immediately to the right area. "This way, sir. The rest of your team has already checked in." the young man added in reply to Lorne's inquisitory look.
Sighing, he accepted and wore everything the corporal found for him, and left for the armory walking as fast as the bulky clothing allowed him to.

>>to main armoury>>
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:58:43 AM by Urania »

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 69
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 07:33:58 PM »

*Radio*

"Lieutenant Hanley. We have a request for you and your team to embark with the Dreadnought on her current search and rescue mission, a request I have approved. The ship will leave in roughly forty minutes, as soon as you're ready radio a beam up request direct to the ship's bridge and report to Captain McFearson."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 08:34:19 PM »

Michelle and the SEALs of Mako were performing routine inspections of their equipment when the call came down. While they knew something was about to go down, none of them figured they would have been called in on it either.

"Gambler, solid copy. We'll be up there in...ten mikes. Out." Michelle replied, before turning to her teammates.

"Mako, listen up. Sounds like they decided to haul us up on this op as well. Grab your gear, we'll suit up on the Dreadnought. I want us up there in ten." Michelle said, already popping open her locker to pull equipment out, including her duffel bag and rucksack.

"Any idea what we're doing?" Voodoo asked, his voice thick with a Boston accent.

"SAR. Past that, assume we're going in after Wraith. Probably taking it to 'em on their home turf, too. Pack for CQB and if the AO changes, we'll pilfer what we need from the Dreadnought." Michelle replied, "In fact, Ice, pack the big one, I think it's time we show the Wraith some firepower."

"Hooyah." Ice replied simply, always the quiet spoken despite being the team's demolitions expert.

All six of the SEALs grabbed HK416s and P226s, and then their secondaries. Michelle and Trigger both grabbed Mk. 13 sniper rifles, Ice packed "the big one", an AA-12 automatic shotgun. Voodoo took a Mk. 48 machine gun and Midas, an 870 shotgun with a short barrel "breaching" setup. Deuce packed an M32 grenade launcher. They took their gear but loaded it into their bags and rucks rather than gearing up quite yet.

"Gambler to Dreadnought. Mako is ready to beam up."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:53:17 AM by Cipherhornet18 »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 205
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 12:26:48 AM »

*Radio*

" Dreadnought, Gambler, acknowledged."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

lethal-pageant