Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: PG8-K59 - Alpha Site: Women's Locker Room  (Read 3942 times)

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
PG8-K59 - Alpha Site: Women's Locker Room
« on: October 14, 2014, 07:56:38 PM »

In the centre of the room are several rows of spacious lockers with benches in between. Along the left wall are large cupboards with towels and toiletries for the showers, which are located at the far left side of the room. Also in  these cupboards are standard issue base uniforms ranging from very small to very large, with a handful of each size of boots on the bottom shelves. Along the right wall are smaller cupboards with a counter over them containing other supplies such as toilet paper and cleaning supplies.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
Re: PG8-K59 - Alpha Site: Women's Locker Room
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 08:00:00 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

< From Hangar Bays >

Ryse barges into the locker room like she owns the place, holding the door open for Turk to walk through.

"Much as I love flying, I just hate having to use equipment that isn't mine." She says as she sets the helmet down on the nearest bench she can find and begins to strip first the flight suit off, then out of her clothes. She hated having to put her dirty clothes back on after a shower, too, but she also hated wearing clothes that weren't hers. So she'd suffer that small bit of discomfort.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 245
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 11:18:44 AM »

Turk grunted and began shucking out of the borrowed gear herself. "Tell me about it. First of all, it never fits right, no matter what size it is or how you adjust it. And then there's the smell... it's just wrong to have to wear something that smells like someone else." She paused and thought about what she was saying, then grinned up at Ryse nearby. "Is that... a little weird, even for me?"

She sighed and completed disrobing, grabbing a towel and wrapping it loosely around her torso. "I just want my own damn helmet. I think it's in transit yet... which could be just about anywhere, considering where we are and where it's coming from." She laughed. "I'm still trying to wrap my head around how far away from home I really am. For f*** sakes, I was just in motherfreaking SPACE. Shooting LASERS." An actual giggle escaped her mouth. "Just... wow. Holy crap."

Turk pondered the practice of the post-mission shower as she turned on the water and waited for it to become tolerably lukewarm. It wasn't so much about getting physically clean, although at times there certainly was sweat and occasionally blood and... other things... that needed to be obliterated. Turk considered it more an exercise in meditation, a cleansing of the mind of the stress that had certainly been inflicted. And although she enjoyed it while it was happening, as the years went on she recognized that she couldn't live that way 24/7. She knew she had to do something differently when it had begin to negatively impact not only her psychological health but her physical as well. That had been a wakeup call she hadn't wanted to face.

She had to grin to herself as she stepped into the water and let it sluice over her head, plastering her hair flat. 'I can just imagine the look on Shep's face when I tell him about learning to meditate. I'll probably never hear the end of it.'

Back to the present, she chuckled softly to herself and began her usual routine of ablution. It was so ingrained that she could just let her body go through the motions while her mind cleared of all the post-flight buzz.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:21:08 AM by ShelBel »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 10:08:46 PM »

<<From Hangar>>

The was an audible 'clunk' as Jordan entered and locked the door to the women's locker room, finally she was in that headspace where she could let her hair down a little, physically as well as mentally. Her hair was long, possibly a little longer that service regulations would allow, considering in uniform she had to tie it up in a tight bun. There were some deviations on the rule, if a woman's hair came just to the base of the neck when worn in a tail, that was acceptable. Jordan's came below her shoulder blades and hanging loose, almost to her waist. She thought of getting it trimmed many times, maybe now might be the right time; but certainly not how she did it herself back in 97.

Her eyes fell on Ryse though the moment she found herself in the centre of the large room, she smiled at the approved whinging. "Shut up and give me a hug Collins before I deck you." She couldn't help but chuckle at the new girls words, that was exactly how she felt the first time. "Holy Sh*t indeed." She murmured.
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 04:40:40 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

Ryse laughs silently as Turk runs through a nearly verbatim speech that she'd given when she first was told about the Stargate program. It was definitely a lot to take in. And she didn't have a space battle on her first day, either. "I'd say you'll get used to it, but it'd be a lie." She says grinning as she wraps herself in a towel as well, just in time to receive Jordan's hug.

"Ha! Not if I get you first." She responds with a grin and heads to the showers, as well, grabbing a toiletry bag on the way. After getting the water to the right temperature, she begins scrubbing down quickly. She'd learned a long time ago how to take quick showers. As she scrubs at her skull, she contemplates getting a hair cut. She'd let it grow out while at the SGC since she didn't need to wear helmets very often lately (Puddle Jumpers and 302's don't require flight suits and she didn't mind pinning it up for the 302's). But until she gets a post where she's required to fly more often, she thinks it's fine just the way it is.

Knowing that Turk is doing her thing, she refrains from conversation. There'd be plenty of time for that later. Instead she closes her eyes and enjoys the feeling of the scalding water and waits for the adrenaline rush from the battle to die down.

Within minutes she's cleaned and towel-clad once more and another towel wrapped around her head to get most of the water from her hair. She'd still have a damp bun for the briefing, but there was only so much she could do in ten minutes.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 06:49:34 PM »

<<From Hangar>>

Same old same old, it never changes no matter how much time you put between old flying buddies. Jordan shrugged happily, unchanged quite quickly, it was something both pilots and submariners had in common, and two minutes later she was luxuriating in a nice warm shower. She started singing...

"I come home in the morning light
My mother says when you gonna live your life right
Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones
And girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun"

Knowing full well Ryse at least new the words.
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 04:02:35 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

Ryse is towelling off when Jordan starts singing a song that practically makes her cringe at how old it makes her, but she can't resist. As she gets dressed, she joins in the next verse, almost under her breath so as to not disturb Turk from her ritual.

"The phone rings in the middle of the night
My father yells what you gonna do with your life
Oh daddy dear, you know you're still number one!
But girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just wanna have fun!"

At this point, she patting her hair with the towel to dry it as best she can.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 03:18:44 PM »

Turk chuckles at the sing-a-long, finishing up her shower and toweling off. She knew the song well- she couldn't think of anyone who didn't, despite the song's age- but didn't quite feel like chiming in yet. She simply dried her hair as best she could, shrugged into her clothes, and quickly fastened her long blonde locks into a loose braid at the nape of her neck. With movements born of long practice she coiled the tail and tucked the end into the coil, securing it enough to be off her collar and stay up.

She'd look like a mess later, with the braid and coil dried into her hair, but it couldn't be helped- and no one would care anyway. She sat down to wait for her fellow pilots to finish their preparations. "My first official debrief since I got drafted into the Stargate program," she grinned, twirling one forefinger in the air idly. "Yippee..."
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 09:56:45 PM »

<<From Hangar>>

Showering was a wonderful privilege for a woman, except on a warship with water restrictions. They didn't have that problem here at the Alpha Site, as their water supply was enough for a city of millions and there was only a tiny fraction of that here, with the River Eben flowing almost outside their door so to speak (it was three miles to the south), wide and fast flowing to the sea, pure icy mountain water even in summer. Jordan took her own sweet time to, still baring in mind all the while the debrief with Chalmers. So she finished the song in full voice, even if she did consider herself a crappy singer, who cares. Ryse though did have a good voice for song, just not that song; it was so old, even at 40, Jordan knew that. But still it was a good locker room song.

The shower done, Jordan hurried along a little, feeling a whole lot better than a short while ago. "You'll enjoy it Turk, Chalmers is brief and to the point. We'll be out of here and doing our own thing in less than half an hour. Right Ryse?" She rolled her eyes, she was a very poor liar.
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 05:13:36 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins } NPC

"Oh yeah, half an hour." Ryse said sarcastically as she finished off. She started to get dressed but then paused. "Say Jordan, do we still have the PX here? Even though I'm clean my clothes stink and I'm sure Turk's are not much better." Her nose took a sniff as if to show the effect with a little more clarity.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 10:06:55 AM »

Turk made a face and grinned. "They're not THAT bad... yet... But if there are clean anythings available I will gladly hop on that bandwagon!"
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 06:54:06 PM »

With her hair up now Jordan at last felt herself again and that nagging bug in her head to cut it all off made her laugh at herself. No, she might trim it a little but that was all. She looked at the other two, checked her watch as she strapped it back on and rolled her shoulders a little. "Yes Ryse we do, we don't have much time but since its on the same level as this and we do have to go that way, if we hurry I'm sure they'll have something for you. I hope the both of you are comfortable wearing jeans?" Some time ago an Australian navy stores assistant took over the PX, the woman had stocked almost 99% of the civilian clothes with a brand from her own native land. Jordan didn't mind really, they were at least quality from this RM Williams.
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 04:46:32 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

Ryse's eyes practically jump from her head. The thought of wearing jeans to the debriefing with Chalmers nearly made her cackle with glee. "My other uniform. Excellent! Lead the way, Jordan." She tells the woman, holding the door open for her. She was anxious to get this over with so she could go have some catch up time with Turk.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 04:55:49 PM »

Turk grins at the mention of jeans and practically jumps up to follow Ryse, waiting for Jordan to exit the room first. "I second that sentiment!"
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 07:00:59 PM »

"I don't have to ask how fast you two can run." She needn't have bothered, Jordan knew only too well how fast pilots were able to get their legs into motion, it was inbred in all of them of course; one might call it natural selection. With all three of them suitably attired at this point, Jordan had the door open in seconds with her feet sounding a cadence on the hallway floor, with a turn here and there she soon had them standing in front of the PX. Even though it was Sunday, the store was always open and the first thing that hit you when you opened the door was the over powering smell of leather goods and fresh new cotton.

{Petty Officer Leila Ahmet} NPC

The tinkle of the little bell that hung on the door told Leila she had customers, not her first for the day naturally but she always appreciated the business and the company. She looked up from her book, a smile widening her sun brown face. "Commander, I thought you'd be out enjoying the day. Or was that you earlier I heard had gone up there?" She jerked a thumb upwards.

"Yeah, me and these girls behind me. We need a quick set of clothes for both Leila, I trust to your usual efficiency of course."

"Always. Come in ladies, come in." Leila called to Ryse and Turk.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

lethal-pageant