Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16  (Read 10603 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16
« on: October 20, 2014, 04:27:43 PM »

Situated one level above the gate room, adjacent to the briefing room much like the SGC back on Earth; the Commanders office differs somewhat by having its own private suite. That is accessed by a door at the rear left side and has its own bathroom and sitting area. A comfortable sofa, a desk and the usual offerings supplied to Staff officers. It is Lucille's domain and a place where many a meeting has taken place, some happy memorable moments, some not quite so.

Commanding Officers:

2005-8 | Brigadier General Nicholas Blue US Army

2008-2011 March | Brigadier General Lucille Chalmers USMC

2011 March/August | Colonel Paul Davis USAF (Temporary command)

2011 August to present | Colonel Michelle Bixby USAF

Executive Officers

2005-8 | Colonel Christopher Sharp USAF

2008-2011 August | Commander Jordan O'Neil USN

2011 August to present | Lieutenant Commander Arthur Hood USN
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:21:19 PM by Mim »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 04:35:22 PM »

<From Base Hangars>

Somewhere between here and Boston, there is a God who has turned his head away from mankind. Those were the words that filtered through Lucille's mind as she gained her office. Worn out, feeling pressed down by the hand of fate, she flung her things down into a heap in one corner of the room, then with weary steps she made for her bathroom within her suite. Of course the woman could be forgiven for feeling sullen, but she wasn't about to let her people see that- her mind set on resolve as she showered and eventually changed into her khaki summer uniform. A few moments later, she was sitting silently at her desk, tapping out a report of the events.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 05:56:33 PM »

<<From Men's Locker Room>>

After walking away from checking out the infirmary, Jon thought a bit on the issue. Well aside from the issue with the newcomer, but he had a personal issue with the Infirmary. Something to do with death, spirits and voodoo. Aside from voodoo, there wasn't much he could do about it. Ever since the death of his grandfather, Jon had a morbid fear of infirmaries. It wasn't so much of a morbid fear, but he just wouldn't enter the infirmary. Since his father and lately his brothers' death, Jon just gave up trying to enter the infirmary because he didn't want to talk to spirits. Not that he talks to spirits, but he believed they were there. Haunting. Judging him. He just didn't want to face him. That was why he started running away. But one of these days he will face the infirmary. One day. Maybe. Considering his family was still on Earth and he figured that spirits couldn't enter the giant ring of water-look-alike without setting off paranormal alarms. If only that were true...

He approached the doors of Chalmer's office. Raising his fist, he looked around and it dawned to him. He was the first to arrive. Rolling his eyes, he muttered silently to himself, Girls...what can you do?

Akela is probably laughing at him right now. Jon, you gotta slow down and breathe. Let others catch up!, she'd chide him.

Of course, Akela is in Heaven right now. As well as the rest of his family. That much Jon believed. It's only just that he believed their spirits was left behind and watching him while the rest of their non-corporeal existence was resting somewhere up there. Closing his eyes, he cleared his throat and knocked on the door to General Chalmers' office.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 10:56:05 PM by RogueRanger »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 04:29:27 PM »

First victim of the day and it would of course be the nugget; that in itself said he was out to impress the 'boss'. Lucille looked him up and down, he fitted the Marine profile well and only his personality would dictate her future recommendations for him. "Take a seat please Lieutenant, I imagine the others are not far behind you. While we wait, give me your thoughts on today's engagement."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 05:04:57 PM »

Jon was nervous. Of course he was sweaty a little but not so much. Entering the famed office of General Chalmers, Jon offered a greeting and sat down on the chair provided for him, "Thank you, General."

He cleared his throat and looked around a bit. No doubt since being first in here, the general would think he was impressing the boss. That wasn't the case. Really. He was more or less kind of an rash person. He tends to rush things and Akela would always chide him to slow down to take a deep breath.

When Chalmers asked him for his thoughts on this day's engagement, first thing Jon did was think okay, give her some thoughts. Not bad. I can do that. Definitely. Jon responded quickly hoping the general wouldn't notice him hesitating or being nervous, "As for to be in outer space for the first time flying, I had fun with it. The engagement against the LA fighters was exhilarating to say the least. Although I do prefer the flying stuff, Commander O'Neil had me to take the gunner's position. I realized it wasn't the time to say anything, I took the position and did my best taking down the LA fighters. I don't know much about the Lucian Alliance, but I've gotten enough recent data about them to know that they aren't the ones to mess with. Their flying capabilities are poor compared to the other AC 401s. If I had a flying match with a LA fighter, I would probably win. Umm, I think that's it. For my thoughts that is. Unless I should add more?

Jon stopped talking. Maybe he said too much or still too little and needed to add more. He was hoping that Chalmers wouldn't see that he was trying hard to give her some thoughts, but he was new. A greenie, or nugget if she preferred. He also mentally facepalmed himself after he almost skipped up on his words as he tried to be clear as he could be without making her upset or confused.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 04:42:18 PM »

There were times in Lucille's life when she had been handed a silver platter, this would for all intents and purposes appear to be one of those rare occasions. Her only problem is she could only make recommendations on the placement of personnel, she did though have a long standing request to select any candidates she thought suitable for the Atlantis mission and so far, Agathon did tick most of the numbers. His file read slightly above average on 302 handling and skills, that put him in good stead as well; Colonel Sheppard should be satisfied if Lucille put the boy's name in. "For the most part we've found, other than the odd Jaffa who have joined their ranks, they are farmers thrown into a Death Glider with no more than a few days training at best. Your real challenge would be against a skilled pilot and there may well be that in line for you. I'll say no more though until I do some work on your behalf as to your eventual placement Lieutenant."

Where were those girls? It had been more than enough time for them to get here. "Is there anything that stands out you may wish to ask?" That should pass the time away.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 04:59:53 PM »

Jon thought long and hard about what she said. Looking around, he was also wondering when the girls were gonna come here. They were taking their sweet time of course. Maybe some clothes shopping? Typical women. Always wanting to look nice in front of the general. When will they learn that time is sometimes best used wisely instead of spending money on useless stuff when you already have those. Akela sometimes was the victim of shopping spree with her friends. Her girlfriends always looked at her for her credit card usage and sometimes she'd go the limit. It was frustrating.

The greenhorn pilot opened his mouth and responded as he had a question about his placement, "Ma'am, if you don't mind my asking and I do like staying here in the Alpha Site. It's just, I was originally supposed to go straight for Atlantis base after this. I'm wondering. When will I go to Atlantis? I am eager, that's all and I like the Alpha Site, so this is me just being curious and in no way of trying to make people think I don't want to be here. I like being here. In the Alpha Site," Jon gulped pausing a bit before adding, "General."

He blinked a couple times awaiting her response. As far he had been polite and courteous up to this. When they finish the briefing, he will continue to be nice because he was after all a nice person. No strings attached.

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 09:41:14 AM »

<From Hangar>

Teya finally managed to track down everyone that she needed to and now she was feeling worn out.  She had one more stop to make though before hitting the showers.  She headed for Lucille's office, stopping outside the door and knocking.  She didn't know what Lucille would be in the middle of, but she wasn't going to chance interrupting since this wasn't an emergency.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 08:40:25 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

Ryse had sped the group up on the way. When she got to the office, she checks her watch. Ten minutes exactly. Damn she's good. But when she actually steps into the office, she sees that everyone else is already there. She and the other two may have been right on time, but the others apparently felt that being early was better than being clean. 'Damn. Shoulda waited till after the briefing. Oh well.' She acknowledges each of the people present in order of rank, nodding to first Chalmers, then Renner, and then Agathon.

"Nice work out there, Ell Tee." She tells the - for all intents and purposes - rookie, as she takes a seat.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 11:04:52 PM »

<<From Locker rooms>>

"I'm going straight to hell!" Jordan mumbled to herself as Ryse took off in front of her. She was quick, Jordan would be the first to admit that and at her age now, she had to be twice as good as she was twenty years ago to keep up. By the time they reached Chalmers door, Ryse had already gotten in and all comfy and all Jordan could do was skid to a halt outside the door and pretend decorum as she walked in. She gave all of those present a polite nod then a quick tip of the brow with her right hand to Chalmers. "Ma'am."  The woman liked formality in small doses. Jordan was also about to apologise for being late when she noticed the clock on the wall, about ten seconds past the minute. She took a vacant chair next to Ryse and in between Teya.

((  :fp spell check ))
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:16:54 PM by MelsMum »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 03:00:02 PM »

"The boy can talk." Lucille was taken aback somewhat by the young man's little speech. As a newly minted rookie his knowledge of the program seemed to be rather well rounded and that he had a desire to be attached to the Atlantis mission came as no surprise either. She had to ask herself though, was he a mind reader as well? Was she dealing with a telepath? "We'll see Lieutenant, I can only put forward my recommendations and your request, ultimately its up to Admiral Davidson as I am sure you can appreciate."

As she spoke Commander Renner made her appearance in good time, Lucille waved her in, bidding her to take a seat. A few moments after her arrival, Collins and O'Neil brought up the rear. The clock and their faces told Lucille they had just made it in the nick of time- right on the ten minute mark.

Anticipating the briefing, Lucille had already ordered the gun camera videos to be sent to her and those she had ready to use with the debriefing. Collins would by her presentation must have taken the scenic route via the PX store and she had no qualms with that. Neatly turned out and casual for an off duty Sunday was preferable to Lucille than unkept or soiled uniform, that showed a degree of forethought and class in her view.

"Collins, Commander." She acknowledged both, disregarding O'Neil's salute, the woman knew that was unnecessary. There was one last to arrive, Turcotte, whom Lucille thought she could hear the footsteps of not far away. "Before we start the debrief, there are clipboards with pens note paper for you all over there on the bureau by the wall. My talks are generally rather long as Commanders O'Neil and Renner can attest to. Today unfortunately I don't have the time which I'm sure you can all appreciate. What I will be asking of you all first up, is did we do well? Could we have done better?" Lucille knew the answer to both questions. Hearing it from your subordinates gave you a different perspective.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 05:03:25 PM »

Teya slid into a chair as Lucille motioned her in.  She nodded to the others as they came in one at a time.  Teya bit back a giggle at Lucille's words.  Her speeches could be long.  Teya got up to retrieve the pens, clipboards, and paper, handing it out to everyone.

She shook her head.  "Coulda gone better.  We nearly got our butts kicked," Teya said, not at all happy about that.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 09:50:31 PM »

Jon gulped nervously looking around at the girls coming in. He blushed a little especially when Ryse was speaking to him so all he could do was nod swiftly letting her know that he got it. It hit him right there as he took about look around. He was in a girl club especially since hes the only guy in the office. He accepted the pen and paper from Teya as he mumbled to Teya bashfully, "Thank you, ma'am."

Jon focused his attention to the paper before him and licked the tip of his pen before he started jotting down what he could write up because for the moment he had nothing to say. He never did well talking in a room full of girls. If only Akela was here then he would feel a little better, but right now he was feeling a little bit queasy. Of course, he would probably wait till all the girls said their pieces and he would add his own.

"Just listen first and then speak. That ways, you have the open field advantage of not screwing up if you are picked last," Akela would say to him. Of course. She was right, Most of the time.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 09:52:04 PM by Greenhorn »

Character List

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 10:53:19 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

Ryse notices the General's assessment of their outfits and reassesses her earlier thought. 'Like I said; good call.' She's about to stand to retrieve the clipboard when the Commander decides to hand them out instead and give her a grateful smile and nod.

"Well, while I can't argue with that, it's not like we had a whole lot of warning, or personnel available to fight." The captain comments. "I'd say under the circumstances, we did rather well. Especially since we did come out with our asses still in tact in the end. Plus one, in fact." She exclaims. "That's what I'd really like to know - where the hell did that other guy come from?"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:45:16 AM by RogueRanger »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 04:41:11 PM »

Turk slips into the room right behind O'Neil, making a face at Ryse for taking off before taking the offered clipboard and pen from the Commander- "Thanks"- and finding a seat. She decides that since it is kind of her first day, first flight, and first debrief, that she needs to keep her mouth mostly shut and see how these things go. Ryse can take the lead on this one.

She settles in, making sure the pen writes by adding her name and rank, the date, and the occasion (Post Combat Debrief) on the paper. 'Hang on tight, here we go,' she thinks as she looks up at Chalmers while Ryse asks her question. 'She's not the only one who wants to know. I'm not sure I'll understand it, but at least I can write it down and look it up later...'
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18