Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16  (Read 9612 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 228
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 06:32:27 PM »

Jordan to, took the pad and pen gratefully from Teya, giving her a polite whispered 'Thanks'. She did have quite a bit to add, but since Chalmers said she didn't have the time, O'Neil could be brief. "General ma'am, we were lucky. Lucky in that he LA are lousy pilots and for the most part they are ignorant farmers pressed into service as we know. Had they been well trained Jaffa, well I doubt any of us here would be talking about it. Frankly, we're outnumbered here..." Her eyes met the others keenly. "...damn you guys are good though." All she wanted to do right now was to get plastered and laid in that order.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 03:20:22 PM »

"I'll take that under advisement Commander." The woman was all too often somewhat blunter in her appraisal of things, nonetheless O'Neil did say what was needed to be said. Lucille for her part thought things went squirrely from the very moment the alarm was raised. They were undermanned, unprepared and for what it was worth given a slightly different set off circumstances, the enemy in this case could have walked it in, with barely any resistance at all. Things had to change quickly or the next time they could see their backsides getting burned severely. "While I would appreciate a much longer debrief and discussion on this from all of you, there is little point in it now. In your own time, write up your mission reports so that I can make a proper assessment in due time. For now you're dismissed, unless there is more any of you can add, the rest of the day is yours. Captains Collins and Turcotte, I want to thank you personally for your efforts on such short notice." Of course they all did well, better than expected and that couldn't go unsaid either. "All of you did well, far more than could have been asked of you. Be sure that it will be mentioned." A little colour added to their ribbons never went astray in her mind.

Lucille's head started to ache just a bit, one of those typical after mission headaches coming on. Yet she still had her job to do and one of those needed addressing sooner rather than later. The appearance of Collins, Turcotte and young Agathon presented an answer she may well be able to focus on immediately. "Captain Collins, would you mind staying for just a moment please."
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:46:58 PM by MelsMum »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 07:24:37 PM »

Teya took her seat again once everyone had their tablets and pens.  She did have to agree.  Things could have gone a whole lot worse.  This hadn't been good at all.  They needed to fix this problem before anything else happened.

Teya got to her feet, waiting for Jordan.  "So what are you up to now?" She asked, holding her tablet against her.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 09:09:57 PM »

<<From med bay Triage>>

Sometimes you had to move your booty quicker than at other times. Rachel knew how to do that when it was necessary of course, still, she was just a eeny weeny bit puffed when she arrived at Chalmers office. When she finally got there and saw who was with the 'Boss', her eyes opened up widely. "Ryse?" She said angrily under her breath. She thought the woman either dead or at least far, far away, and should have stayed that way. For a brief moment, Rachel almost forgot why she was there, she couldn't take her eyes of the other woman. Then of course duty overtook her, so she knocked lightly on the door. "General Ma'am. Can I disturb you for a moment please?" It looked like the meeting was over anyway, yet she still felt nervous here.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 08:20:30 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 03:21:21 PM »

Jon gulped and bit his lips a bit. The meeting and briefing was over. He focused his attention onto the tablet and studied his pen for a moment. He had a lot to think about and he will write his report down for the General later on. Getting up, he turned to leave when another woman barged in and blocked his path. He shifted nervously in front of her and stood on the side of the doorway waiting for her to be acknowledged by the general. Apparently he wasn't quick enough to leave when this woman barged in and blocked his way out.

She seemed nervous as well so he was wondering what was the matter.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 03:58:40 PM »

Turk scribbled down a few notes, mainly to remind herself to become more familiar with how this particular outpost was structured, the types of ships they'd been fighting, and to follow up on the question of where their unexpected guest had come from. Chalmers called the briefing at that point, and Turk tucked the pen and pad under her arm and stood up with a brief salute when they were officially dismissed. She hung back as the others began to exit, waiting for Ryse to finish speaking with the general, when another staff member came to the door and knocked softly to get the general's attention. She looked medical, if Turk surmised the uniform correctly. Between that and the timing of her arrival, it only made sense that she was here in regarding their new arrival.

Turk stayed where she was, quietly observing. She might get at least one of her answers without even leaving the room.
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 06:27:59 PM »

How did that classic old adage go? 'It never rains but it pours?' That pretty much summed up Lucille's life in a nutshell, day after day, week in week out. She slipped her glasses on, in the vain hope it might ease her headache - very vain indeed, it did nothing of course. A voice in the wilderness broke her reverie though, looking over the top of said glasses Lucille gave her best impression of being in control. "Lieutenant, you're blocking the breeze, come in please." She didn't mean that as an insult, simply that people needed to leave; she would have said it to anyone. "What can I do for you?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 12:53:14 AM »

"So this must be the new guy?" Rachel mused as she blocked the door, her eyes looked Jonathon up and down like she was assessing a prize bull at the county fair. "Nice." She moved all the way in to stand in front of Chalmers desk, hands behind her back in perfect military fashion. Being aware of who was around, she didn't have to hedge around the topic at all. "That man you all picked up ma'am. He doesn't exist on any of our date bases, yet he claims to be from an SG team. His badges are all wrong and so are most of the people he mentions." That was all she could really say on the matter, although she noticed Jordan's eyes open a little wider.

The base XO felt a hard lump in her throat, why did she have this feeling of deja vu? She couldn't place it, but she was sure she had read something similar in the SGC files. "Well if that don't beat all. Have security been alerted Lieutenant?"

"Yes ma'am." Rachel nodded in the affirmative.
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 09:40:22 AM »

It was getting crowded, so Turk caught Ryse's eye and indicated the door with her head. 'I'm stepping out and will meet you when you're done.' But she was careful to hover just outside, casting a curious ear toward the conversation. 'If they didn't want anyone to know, they'd close the door. I'm not eavesdropping, I'm just waiting for Ryse.' She couldn't help but smirk a little to herself. She WAS eavesdropping, and she knew it.

The lieutenant's statement was concerning, though. 'Curiouser and curiouser. Probably won't get an answer to this one for a while, if ever.' Her mind wandered, mentally paging through the multitude of mission files she'd crammed while cooling her heels at the SGC. There was simply too much information in a jumble in her head to make sense of any of it; she'd probably need at least one more read to start getting things in their proper context, and one more after that to cement everything in proper order.

But it wouldn't be the first time someone had popped into 'their' universe from another, of that she was convinced. She frowned. Things just went from 'interesting' to 'what the hell'.

One thing was certain- she wanted to get the hell back to the SGC as soon as possible, at which point she was going to track down SOMEONE who knew what was going on and demand to know her assignment. The flight had whet her appetite and it was time to officially get to work.
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 08:15:46 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

Ryse can't help but raise a brow when Chalmers cuts the debriefing short. 'Wait, what?' She wonders if a certain underworld has suddenly gotten rather chilly. When the General acknowledges her and Turk's efforts she gives a quick nod of thanks. It really was nothing to her. All part of the job. But when she asks to see her after the meeting, the butterflies start. 'Oh crap. What did I do?' She goes over everything she'd done while up there, and mentally outlines every reason she'd done them. Had she maneuvered wrong? Left someone unprotected? She honestly can't figure it out, but she's certainly ready to defend herself. By the time she stands up and moves to the side for everyone to get past her, she has an answer for every question she could conceive the General asking.

When McAdams arrives, she's torn between relief and dread for a few reasons. Relief because it interrupts whatever bad news Chalmers has for her, and dread because 1. that means that she has to stand there and stew in her thoughts while McAdams delivers the unusual news and 2. McAdams' unusual news ... Though by now, this kind of thing isn't actually all that unusual.

Catching Turk's gesture, she gives her old friend a discrete nod indicating that she understood and grins to herself when she sees that the woman doesn't move that far from the door. 'As if I would tell you everything they said, Turk.'

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 03:17:00 PM »

"What?" Lucille slammed her hand hard on the finely polished top of her desk, she was in no mood for any possible infiltration into the recesses of the Alpha site, no matter where its origin may have been. She knew only too well that not all visitors from alternate universes, parallel universes or alternate realities were the good guys; Cameron Mitchell and SG1 could well corroborate that on any day of the week. "Commander O'Neil get down there immediately, I don't care if the man is paralysed or barely breathing - I want 'you' to watch him every second he is here. Once Mister Lucas can confirm the man is fit to be moved and - I don't care if its in a pod, I want him out of here and transferred to the SGC." That damned headache was not going to take charge of her, not now at least. Breathing in deeply she stood to continue her tirade.

Standing in front of her desk now, one hand touching her temple, Lucille went through the numbers one at a time. "Commander Renner, take Agathon and Turcotte down to the simulators now. I want you to run them through one on one combat drills, each taking turn with the four O one and the three O two. By the time they are ready to leave here, I will require your certification both of them can kill each other in less than three minutes flight time." This is what happens when a fly annoys the Alpha Site Commander, she bites back, her within her own nest. "Move it!"

Lastly, as she waited for the others to leave, she returned her attention back to Collins. Hands on hips, the mask of anger dropped as it was replaced by a more pleasant one. "If you were asked to volunteer for the Atlantis mission Captain - what do you think your answer might be?" Lucille had more to add, first though to catch a decent fish, you had to have the right bait.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 05:19:12 PM by MelsMum »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 04:12:56 PM »

Teya spun back around when she heard her name.  Apparently they weren't as free as they thought.  Well, so much for catching some R&R.  Oh well.  She nodded in response to Lucille. "Ma'am."  She then turned to the other two. "Come on you two, time to see what you've got," she smirked.  The simulators were always fun.  Especially when you couldn't get blown to piece for real.

She turned to head back out, waiting for the other two to follow her.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2014, 11:54:17 PM »

Rachel gave a shudder, Chalmers was in no mood for what she had in mind to say. She carefully looked at all the faces one by one. She knew the woman was addressing both her and Jordan at once, so there was no need for her to reply. One more look at Ryse, her mouth almost twisted in a snarl and she backed out of the doorway, heading straight for the gate room.

<<to gate room>>

Eyes were up and looking straight ahead. Jordan had felt Lucille's lash more than once and knew too well she was not someone to frak around with. Nothwithstanding, despite her smaller frame, she could knock almost any other woman on their arse very quickly and a few of the guys as well. "Yes General. I'm on it." She wanted to add 'three bags full General' but refrained. She would be the happiest woman in the galaxy if her transfer was approved.

<<To Infirmary>>
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 04:53:46 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

Ryse jumps ever so imperceptibly when Chalmers slams her desk. She'd been caught off guard by Rachel's presence and had so much going through her mind that the loud bang that resulted snapped her out of her thoughts. Seeing the woman go off, giving orders, and extremely upset, Ryse wished she could make herself as small as possible. This couldn't possibly help her situation. If she'd messed up, this was only going to make Chalmers' mood worse, and she was about to be on the receiving end of it.

The woman does manage to keep from wincing and taking a step back from the woman (only because she was already standing up against the wall) and watches as everyone - including Rachel, who sneers at her - leaves the room. Inside, Ryse gives the woman the ugliest glare back, and even sticks her tongue out at the woman. But it would certainly not do her any good to actually do that, so she settles for a neutral stare until the woman's fat arse is covered by the closing door.

She turns to Chalmers, standing tall and proud, hands resting behind her back, bracing herself for the blast that she knew was about to come. When instead, the commander's face softens into something actually pleasant, Ryse is incredibly confused. When she asks the 'hypothetical' question, she realises she'd been holding her breath and lets it out slowly, fighting hard to not just stare at the woman saying 'um ... uh ... what?' Which is actually all she can really think at the moment.

"Well ... " She says slowly, trying desperately to collect her thoughts and put her words into a coherent sentence. "I'm pretty sure my answer would be along the lines of 'When do I leave?' ... Ma'am." Now Ryse's efforts are more focused on not jumping up and down like a madwoman and screaming for Turk. Chalmers must have gotten wind that she'd put in for a transfer a while ago. But she'd never heard anything from it, and hadn't had a chance to look into it yet. Maybe that's what this was about? Ryse forces herself to breathe normally and not give away any emotion.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2014, 06:55:15 PM »

Jonathan jumped when the General slammed her hand on the desk and shouted. He then hiccuped speaking only to himself, "Oh shoot..."

He let out a sigh closing his eyes and muttered again, "Oh please be still my nerves..."

He opened his eyes again when Teya said something combat trials in her evil like tone with a smirk. Gulping he let out a sigh as he shrugged with a response, "Yes, ma'am."

He felt sorry and was glad he wasn't that other guy in the infirmary. No one wants to get on the bad side of the general when it comes with unknown possible infiltrators within SGC. These things never go well...
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

lethal-pageant