Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16  (Read 10052 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16
« Reply #225 on: July 25, 2018, 11:36:53 PM »

"Well, I did spend two days at NATO GHQ to organize all of this. Merde I feel like I could sleep for days after that." Aurore commented. She was being only slightly melodramatic, considering she was put up in relatively nice quarters in Brussels during her trip. But a Major telling Generals what to do...that was stressful. Some were very unhappy to entertain that, but the support she enjoyed from her home country and from the Germans more or less snapped the rest of the North Atlantic Council into line, though not without some snide quips from the British and Italians. That had led to them refusing to deploy any major commitments, which was why the Australians had to maintain a major force contribution.

"At the expense of perhaps dredging up memories, but what is the significance of this event?" Aurore asked, leaning forward.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #226 on: July 26, 2018, 06:43:22 PM »

Michelle blinked,  not sure she had heard Miki right.  Judging by the other's face she had.  "They're bringing Zulu here?" She asked, her voice cracking.  She closed her eyes tightly, getting her composure back.  "It was a mission gone terribly wrong that cost a lot of lives, " she said softly.  "I was XO there and lost a lot of friends to a weird replicator take over."  She glanced at Miki, wishing  more then anything that she had Alex beside her to face this new challenge.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 233
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2018, 02:17:28 AM »

"That would then ma'am's conclude our briefing. Major, you have a 401 flight check with Commander Renner and Flight Lieutenant Hatfield in twenty minutes." She tapped her chin with her ever present pen. "Colonel, Captain General Lanam Banenne is recovering from his wounds in medical, I expect Josile is on her way to see him. It might be a good time to let her know that the Forerunners wish to sign a treaty with both the Cavaleiros and ourselves and they will begin returning prisoners for exchange tomorrow evening." Miki was terribly good at her job, she liked to drip feed information so that nothing was ever left to chance.

She did however place a hand on Michelle's shoulder. "We still mourn their loss Colonel, it was a tragedy that should never have happened."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2018, 05:24:23 PM »

"I should have had all of those replaced with helicopters when no one was looking. Ugh." Aurore rocked back before standing up. "I am going to have some words with the designers. I mean, come on, who puts troops AND bombs in the same compartment. Mon dieu..."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 233
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2018, 09:11:55 PM »

Miki laughed. "This is why we are having the first of the C-401's delivered very soon Major."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2018, 02:07:58 PM »

Michelle was still lost in memories.  Being reminded of Zulu always threw her for a tailspin.  Although the touch on her shoulder in comfort brought her back.   She flashed Miki a grateful smile.  "Alright then off to the infirmary it is." At least Lanam was doing better.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #231 on: September 28, 2018, 07:24:25 PM »

<<from gate room>>

Michelle pushed her door open.  "Welcome to  my officem" she said, stepping inside.  "Still feels odd to say that." She turned to her fiance, finally able to give him a proper hug.  "I've missed you so muchm" she said, hugging him close.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #232 on: October 02, 2018, 06:43:17 PM »

<From Gate Room>

Taking the embrace as if it were the greatest thing in his life Alex wanted and naturally needed right now, he held Michelle closely. Her warmth, the intoxicating fragrance of her hair and skin was as if everything good in the Universe had just been given to him. "I can't even think of where to start in saying how much I've missed you." Her whispered in her ear then gently let her go so that he could see her full on. Still as beautiful as that day she walked into his office at the dockyards before Zulu was launched.

Everything else right now around the two of them melted into oblivion, Alex had this in his mind from the day he walked out of the Inquiry that could have been a Court Martial, a free man with the weight of all that happened lifted from his shoulders. The unnecessary deaths and loss of life on Zulu was found to be placed squarely on the manufacturers collective heads which also included elements of the IOA; for nothing less than penny pinching and cutting corners. Security systems were inadequate and the inquiry found several references whereby both Alex and Michelle had brought those instances to the attention of the IOA well before the launch. They were both going to be called upon at a later date to give evidence, but that wasn't their worry now.

"Now my girl before I get all too emotional since I have been planning this for quite some time now, we need to do something just a little more officially." He grinned that ever so cheeky grin of hers as he withdrew the small case from his pocket. He opened it to reveal matching wedding rings cut in fine 18 ct white gold, a leaf pattern of never ending ivy engraved around both. Alex held it out to her. "Before you say anything profound Miche', I want you to take a whole ten seconds to think about if you still want this old Welsh rogue?"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #233 on: October 02, 2018, 08:08:06 PM »

She hated to lose the warmth of his embrace as he held her at arm's length.  It had been far too long and the beautiful ring on her finger wasn't able to keep her warm like having Alex there.  She really just wanted to marry the man.  Forget about everything else and just once in her life be with the man she loved.

She knew she should ask him how things had gone on earth, especially seeing as how he was now in civilian clothes, but she couldn't bring herself to ask that question yet.  Tears suddenly slid down her cheeks as Alex pulled the rings from his pocket. "YES!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms around him once again. "Yes, you silly man.  I couldn't love anyone more then I love you.  Please, please tell me we can get married soon," she nearly begged.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #234 on: October 03, 2018, 05:48:02 PM »

"About time." Alex murmured to himself happily. While neither of them could have helped the events of the most recent past, he chided himself every single day he wasn't with her, feeling in some small way he could have forced things along in more ways than he did. Even getting here earlier than expected he at least got that right, wrapping up his meetings with Landry with every excuse he could muster. The old man wasn't fooled though, he knew exactly what Alex was up to. "You have singularly made every second of my life worthwhile with that one statement. I only hope that the love I have for you Michelle Bixby is strong enough to see us through the days, weeks ahead when we won't have each other. The best part of all is that in getting a senior civilian posting-" he halted his words with a huge smile creasing his face, "- I didn't tell you that part did I? My official role will be Material Acquisition and Engineering Advisor to the SGC. So it will be roaming as the needs fit."

Alex pulled her in close again. "As soon as I can speak to Fran McCarthy we can get things rolling. Whether it happens here or back at the SGC, Honey I'll leave that up to you. I'd be thinking here because we do have three ready to go bridesmaids don't we?"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #235 on: October 06, 2018, 07:44:26 PM »

Michelle didn't want to think about what else could possibly be thrown their way.  So many things had happened already.  She just wanted to marry Alex and be done with it, spending the rest of their lives happily ever after.  Her eyes widened at his news.  "Really?" she nearly shrieked, hugging him again.  "That is great news.  Hopefully that will mean I will get to see you more."

She nearly laughed at his next words.  "That is very true," she grinned.  "And you know that is very true.  Bobbie and Kim would hunt us down if we didn't include them," she grinned.  "Let's do it here.  And soon."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #236 on: October 07, 2018, 09:28:20 PM »

He pulled her into his arms, looking down into that divine face. "I have a full twenty four hours before I have to start my position back at the SGC Michelle. I will use that time to bend every rule in the book if necessary to have us married and legal before time is against us. You get with Bobbie and Kim, give me thirty minutes to get in touch with Fran and see what strings she can pull. With any luck we can do this tonight or first thing in the morning."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #237 on: October 10, 2018, 08:00:45 PM »

She leaned into his strong embrace before blinking in surprise.  "Seriously?" she asked, nearly giddy. "By tonight we could truly be married?" Oh she couldn't wait.  Unlike others she knew she had actually saved herself for the one man that she loved.  And tonight she could share that gift with him.

Michelle giggled a bit. "Bobbie and Kim are never gonna believe this," she grinned, hugging him close. "But I can't wait."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2018, 05:20:13 PM »

Once again he had to reluctantly let her go. "Thirty minutes and I'll be back. I don't think I will need to physically go back to the SGC but hey, you know Fran she can be prickly on formality and we're effectively breaking every rule in her book." He kissed her lovingly on the forehead then slowly walked back to the door. "Kim and Bobbie!" He reminded her, then was gone.

>>To Gateroom>>

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #239 on: October 12, 2018, 12:59:29 PM »

Alex was gone again before Michelle could even think straight.  Although once he was gone she got to thinking about where Kim and Bobbie might be.  They had been helping Teya and the others transport ones back and forth from the front line.  She was pretty sure they were back now though.  She went to the phone and quickly dialed up Bobbie's number, knowing the girl always had her phone glued to her side.  "Bobbie?" she asked when she heard a voice. 
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

lethal-pageant