Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16  (Read 9614 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 228
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2015, 08:34:55 PM »

*Time Jump*

August 18 2011 0800 - 1200 hours SGC

0600 hours Alpha Site
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2015, 06:20:43 PM »

Lucille started the day as she did every other day since she took over command of the Alpha site, that was a five kilometer jog of the immediate base perimeter. The moment she returned to her office/suite, she showered, put on a clean set of BDU's and began the long task of packing, not that she was leaving immediately, she simply wanted to be ready when the time came. Paul would have to use a VIP suite for at least a day or two before the official hand over.

Ares

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2015, 05:15:39 PM »

<<From Gate Room>>

Donovan came down the hall leading the way to the general's door, pausing outside to knock on the frame, and then turned to stand beside it at-ease as Paul swept off his hat and tucked it and the file folder under the arm holding the suitcase so his hand would be available.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2015, 06:58:16 PM »

"Come in Paul." Lucille had just finished packing some of her local trinkets in a cardboard box from the bookshelf behind the desk, the small centre mirror giving her a good view of the door, allowing her to see behind. Standing upright and arching her back, she turned to meet him, crossing the short distance from the desk to the door, which required stepping around bags and more boxes. "You haven't changed much in three years while I've added a hundred more grey hairs." Lucille took his hand, shaking it firmly. "Come, both of you, sit down. There is a lot to talk about and I know its six months late, but I was sorry to hear about your accident, how is the leg now?" She asked. Word of Paul's helicopter crash had spread right back to the alpha site, and his forty eight hour missing in action status. It did though come at a difficult time, right on the same day as the Hozgura attack.

Ares

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2015, 07:33:50 PM »

After shaking her hand and stepping inside the office, Paul gave his usual smile and swept a hand over close shorn hair showing only the faintest salt and pepper stubble along the temples "Trick to not showing age... don't let it grow out enough."  When she mentioned the accident, he tried for a gallant shrug and shifted subjects smoothly; years serving in the shark tank that was the combination of military intelligence, worldwide politics and governments has it's perks. 

He gestured to the seats and set the case he was holding down, still carrying the file carrier "Six months sounds about right.  I've already gone over the duty roster and standby orders on requisitions with Admiral Davidson." He sat and gestured for Donovan to at least come in and close the door as invited before continuing. "What I'm interested in is why this was labeled Alpha site instead of Beta ... I've been tucked away in an ice locker for the better part of a tour so ... forgive me if I sound blunt.  Alpha sites in the past were chosen with specific criteria in mind; isolated, uninhabited, and unknown."

Raising the file folder he unzipped it and thumbed through a few things as Donovan stood near the door after closing it behind him resuming the at-ease posture and listening.  "From these reports, not only does this base not meet any of those criteria, it's actually the fore front of a mining operation?"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2015, 06:23:42 PM »

There was simply no room to make it comfortable, so Lucille sat atop one of her many packed boxes in front of the desk, Paul and Donovan would have to make do as best as they could. "This would be number four in our conga line of Alpha sites as you would recall, the three previous ones having been either destroyed or compromised. Back in 08 when the last one was taken out it was deemed that we still needed a fall back position for Earth, at the time the SGC chose this site the Stargate was some twenty miles to the North, isolated and never used by the locals; to that point a small oversight was that our aerial surveys were never fully implemented such was the dramas we were having at the time with the Ori and Lucian Alliance." Her mind was going over the short history of the base as she saw it, a lot of which was that she inherited from the previous commander. "When General Blue and his initial team were in place, the concept was simply getting the base up to a viable situation to house and protect around one hundred personnel, both military and civilian. It wasn't long after he arrived the ruins of the old town of Foreston was discovered and the thinking was that at some point the Goa'uld or some other calamity had wiped out the locals. They were wrong on that score and quite a few other little details as well, essentially the entire operation was futzed to begin with. The Cavaleiros as we know them, had moved south after a devastating forest fire swept through the area, some of their long ranging patrols were met around a month after Blue arrived, from their aid was given in helping them rebuild the town, only to lose it and our first base in a flood six months after deployment here."

She went into more detail on how the new city was built further south, how the underground Ancient facility was discovered, the mining and the moving of the Stargate, finally the build up of the base to what it was today. "The mining is secondary to your purview Paul, as I told Donovan it runs itself basically with little interference from us. It just happens to be sharing the same planet. Your primary task is to run and maintain this base as if it were another SGC, the full works and dice. If anything should happen to Earth, a central government will be formed here. Other than that, your secondary task will be running a new batch of SG teams from here and of course maintaining good relations with the Cavaleiros. There is one other race here, I'll fill you in more on those later." Lucille tapped her temple for a second as if drawing out more information. "All SG team training is now done on this base, Lieutenant Colonel Donovan has that under his belt as well." Of course there was the official handover tomorrow, that required organisation in as much a full base parade would be held.

Ares

« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2015, 08:00:12 PM »

Paul listened with his usual intensity, nodding and occasionally jotting in the open folder, but otherwise let her get it all out without interruption.  When she mentioned the Ori, Paul's eyes briefly cast sidelong but neither Donovan's face or posture registered any flinch at the topic, and he returned attention to Chalmers.  He showed interest at the relic discovery, having been taking part in cataloging and discovering the Antarctic base he was no stranger to such things.  In fact he looked forward to it now, having assumed this would be another hole in the ground on the edge of space. 

When she mentioned the training of SG teams would fall to Donovan, Paul glanced sidelong again, this time with a faint curve of his lips. "Well that should prove interesting.  From what I have heard we haven't had a stricter instructor since Jack and Teal'c."

Donovan's chin faintly rose, taking the jibe as a compliment rather than an attempt to rib him, and gave a gallic shrug, neither confirming or denying the 'accusation' of his strictness.  Paul's attention returned to Chalmers as he folded the case closed and reached for the suitcase. 

"The Admiral told me to give you his best and that he'd be looking forward to seeing you when you return to the SGC." He paused, case half open on his lap, "That is if you are going back there?  He didn't tell me where everyone was shuffling off to."  Rummaging in the case was a stalling tactic, Donovan knew.  Paul knew where every piece of paper, pen and paperclip was in that case he was sure, and when he came back up from rummaging he had his own registration forms already complete, signed and filed, to hand over to her for said return trip.

If there was anyone on the Stargate roster Donovan could work with, it was this man, who valued the service of the role he filled as much as the importance of it.  He'd seen that early on, even before he was released from the cells beneath the mountain. Seeing Paul show interest in the goings on outside the base relieved him.  He could focus on the base, it's small complement of people, and the missions, and let Paul deal with everything else.  The tight set of his shoulders eased some, and his at-ease posture now resembled the label.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2015, 05:40:02 PM »

"It may well do so Paul as I've requested SG4 to remain here for a while, they've been reduced to just the commander and her executive officer for the moment with one of their number still recovering back at the SGC from a wound and their last member so far unreplaced. They'll be tasked with helping Colonel Lee and his team acquaint themselves with both the base and the locale, as well as assisting in the team training."

Lucille crossed her legs once, then again the other way, the box wasn't the most comfortable seat for her. "He must be feeling the pressure I'm sure, I only spoke to him two days ago, although it was rather rushed then so its barely a moment even in my mind. As of now, my next post is apparently Home World Command as overall Inspector General on all Stargate Operations, which means I'll be moving about quite a lot between the SGC, here and Atlantis as well as ship visits. As well I've also been tasked with the unenviable position of Military Liaison between Stargate Command and the IOA; I can tell you now its something that while being a daunting prospect I think I will enjoy it in some sadistic way." Lee was yet to meet his predecessor and now would be a good time for him to get to grips with some of the workings of the base. "Commander O'Neill as I told the Colonel earlier is conducting a Marine training exercise, I think it might be a good time to see how devious he can be at throwing curved balls don't you Paul? Other than Jordan herself, none of the group out there should be aware of his presence." Finally she had to give in to her back and stood once more.

Ares

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2015, 10:25:02 AM »

Paul snapped the case shut and stood out of reflexive habit as she did. Setting the case in the chair, he nodded and extended his hand once more to Chalmers. 

"Then with your permission, I'll go kick the hornet's nest." He paused, "You have any of the modified Intar weapons?

Donovan faintly straightened when Chalmers stood, and quirked a brow at the idea of introducing himself by ambushing a group of trainees. It wasn't exactly his ideal first impression, but if he was to be in charge of said training, he wasn't out to make friends, so it wouldn't really matter.  He remained silent as Paul inquired about the jaffa energy training weapons.  He'd seen and even used a few before he'd been shipped out to 'normal' military training. 

It would be a first impression all right.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2015, 06:48:53 PM »

Giving a firm handshake in return, Lucille mentally noted to herself that the base and its operations were going to be in good hands and that was something she had been pinning her hopes of for quite some time now, ever since in fact she learned of her transfer over two months ago. "We certainly do Paul, you'll find everything required in the main armory. I must point out though that this is a live firing exercise and those boys if felt threatened will do all they can to stay within the safety of their vehicle. I know you had four of these in Antarctica so you can brief Colonel Lee on them before he and his team proceed." Lucille reached over to her desk to pick up her tablet, tapped several icons to bring up the file on the LRPV. "I'll notify Jordan to have the team swap out to INTAR hand weapons before they initiate the exercise."

She was about to pick up the phone when she thought of Catherine and Lena."Take SG4 with you as well Donovan, they've been down this merry road before."  The phone was a bit of a stretch but she did manage it finally. Speed dialing the Gunnery range had the phone ringing in seconds.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2015, 12:39:57 AM »

{CPO Miki Sakai}

It had been several hours since Miki had awoken her 'boss', several sad hours at that as when Lucille informed her personal steward and general assistant that she was moving to Washington. Miki at first thought that she to would be going and although rather attached to the general, she was more attached to the Alpha site, which Lucille told her she was to stay on in any case. She knew Colonel Davis by sight, having bumped into him once or twice back at the SGC and she knew his reputation as to be a kind and decent man as well. Her calling now, was simply to bring Lucille's morning coffee and the papers she needed to sign for yesterdays logs, a duty which would tomorrow fall to Colonel Davis. She was only slightly surprised to see another officer present. She tapped lightly on the door with one hand, balancing the tray with the other. Presently she was wearing the base soft green multi cams.
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2015, 03:20:47 AM »

*phone*

"O'Neil speaking."
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2015, 06:29:00 PM »

Lucille looked up when she heard the knock on the door, instinctively she knew who it was even before she saw Miki- the woman had several things going for her. The first of course was her impeccable timing, her efficiency in everything she did and of course she made the best coffee on the base. "Miki come in girl please." A quick sweep of the hand cleared a portion of the table for the steward to place the tray down, a nice touch as always was the freshly made hot bread rolls from the kitchen and some marmalade to go with it. "Colonel Davis, this is Chief Petty Officer Miki Sakai, your steward and first assistant. Miki is the person you call on for just about everything you can't or don't want to handle yourself." She looked through the sheets of paper, most of which were requisitions of some sort. "Miki, Colonel Paul Davis and his new executive officer Lieutenant Colonel Donovan Lee."

Picking up the phone again, the General spoke her mind to Jordan. "Commander, your replacement Lieutenant Colonel Donovan Lee is here. He will be joining you on the training exercise but I do not want your people to know. Swap out their small arms for intar weapons and explain to them that 'perhaps' red forces maybe giving them something to think about." She waited for a reply. 

Ares

« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2015, 06:53:38 PM »

Paul arched a brow faintly at the introduction, mentally attributing the petty officer as he would what Walter did back at the SGC.  Even though he was a Master Sergeant now, he still did everything from coffee and paperwork to night watch.  He glanced over and gave a quiet smile since Chalmers was still on the phone, listening though mostly observing. 

Donovan sidestepped out of the woman's way, keeping hands loosely clasped behind his back, inclining his head when introduced but otherwise remaining his usual silent composed self.  It had been a running joke at one point that he and Teal'c could stand in a room, completely silent for over an hour and nod to each other when leaving as if they'd had a full conversation.

They both waited for the result of the call. 

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2015, 12:39:04 AM »

*radio*

"That general is great to hear, it won't take me long to change over for them and give a quick run down on the intar weapons. Have Lee enter via the south west gate, I'll enter his ID into the biometric data base so he can unlock the gate."
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
"O'Neil out general. I'll speak to Colonel Lee when he arrives via a secure channel."

****************

Miki placed the tray on the table as indicated, stepping away politely to reveal the three porcelain cups with the alpha site logo printed on them; she had anticipated the general's every move and wish before hand. She gave each man a half bow and spoke softly but firmly. "A pleasure to meet you Colonel Davis San, Lieutenant Colonel Lee San." She stood erect once more. "General San, the weather forecast is for westerly winds at around two PM, at approximately sixty to seventy knots. It will be felt greatest off Surefires point. The Cavaleiros has put out warnings, but two fishing vessels left before the forecast." Straight to the point, and not a particularly good one either.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

lethal-pageant