Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16  (Read 10635 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16
« Reply #210 on: July 09, 2018, 12:55:16 AM »

*Intercom*

"Colonel, Major. I have a reply from the SGC, Admiral McRaven is in fact asking us that we send SG7 back to Earth as they do have a mission ready for them."

"Thank you Colonel I do appreciate the sentiment, although I believe or is my understanding in this new role I'll be back and forth as the situation requires me to do so. Hopefully under better circumstances on my next visit here." He extended his hand giving her a firm but gentle shake, doing the same with Aurore. "Yes I believe that was the arrangement Major, the 7th rotates back with elements of the 3rd and 4th replacing them. As for my boys, there was only ever eight of us to begin with, that's now reduced to six not including myself of course. We did have twelve ready to embark here from the 4th Commando regiment for SGC training so in a pinch they can fill in. Well.." He picked up his bag. "...time for me to go cuddle my Missus and kids. Take care both of you and I will see you soon." He turned smartly, leaving quietly without fuss.

<<To Gate Room>>
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #211 on: July 09, 2018, 01:03:44 AM »

"Actually, 2nd/14th Light Horse is taking over, there was some dispute on the 3rd and 4th taking over for 7th. Plus someone had to come up with our armor." Aurore said, "In the meantime, take care and feel free to visit us."

Once Ben left, she turned to Michelle, "Oh, something I thought I should bring up. I put in a request to EC 3/3, my first squadron in the French Air Force. They have a tradition related to their mascot, a rambunctious European Boar named Aldo, where the pilots take up his plush toy cousins, also named Aldo. I've my own Aldo I still take with me on flights. Anyways, Aldo, as a result of all of his cousins, has logged more flight hours in more aircraft with more weapons deployed than any other pilot ever, and I thought it would be amusing if we could see how much he could rack up with the Alpha Site pilots, even if those records never are released. I requested a case of his plush cousins be mailed to me and I'll have them in my office for pilots to claim their own Aldo. A little harmless fun, I think."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #212 on: July 09, 2018, 08:13:05 PM »

"Thank you Miki.  That sounds perfect," Michelle answered across the intercom.  She then turned her attention back to Ben, shaking his hand.  "You are very right.  And having you back on better terms will be much better."  She smiled, her heart breaking as she wanted to be with her fiance.  "Take care. "

Michelle was surprised at Aurore's suggestion.  "Oh that sounds perfect," she laughed.  "I bet the others will love it too.  I suggest giving one to Commander Renner.  She is constantly in the air. "
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:56:20 PM by sorra »

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #213 on: July 12, 2018, 12:26:59 PM »

"Given recent events, it would do to have some harmless fun." Aurore went and sat down on the couch.

"On the subject of our NATO contingent, General Menochet will likely be dropping by later this afternoon, but he wanted to personally oversee the arrival of his units. Our new aircraft were also delivered, and we'll have all of our new anti-aircraft weapons in place by the end of the week. I'll be scheduling some time to go up in those new F/A-305s, I believe they're called Wolverines. And as much as I don't want to, I'm probably going to have to finish my certifications to fly the AC-401." Aurore reported.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #214 on: July 12, 2018, 07:04:26 PM »

Michelle chuckled softly.  "Some harmless fun would definitely be good right now." She knew they had all been under stress.

She listened, nodding from time to time.  "Sounds like everything is going well, but we'll be busy too." She twisted the ring on her finger absently.   There was a lot to do and prepare for.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:00:59 PM by sorra »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #215 on: July 15, 2018, 11:34:34 PM »

Miki came back the same way she had gone, essentially her next duty was to keep both the CO and XO up to date with all the latest information. "I'm sorry to keep you both." She began. Then took up her seat as before.

"Colonel MacGregor and SG-7 have now returned to Earth, so I would like to take this moment to give you the latest data that effects us at the Alpha Site. The Hermes departed one hour ago for her supply run to Atlantis, she is expected to arrive in 19 hours give or take. The Merrenden camp is all but dispersed with only a few remaining tents and other assets remaining to be returned. To replace the Hermes as our orbital cover the Britannia will be returning and is due to arrive within the day and I believe the last of the returning forces no longer required here will be leaving tomorrow via the Victory as none of the 304's have the capacity. I will add that Fleet Command complained bitterly at the waste of resources in using her as a bus." The last she said with a grin that emulated a cat having finally swallowed a canary.

@Cipherhornet18 @sorra
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2018, 11:23:27 AM »

"Mmm." Aurore waved a hand dismissively with an equally dismissive sound coming from her, "Fleet Command can take up their problems with the North Atlantic Council, they moved the troops here in the first place." That was, in her mind, that.

"With the number of troops we just had, and even the number we have now, how much longer do you think we can keep this little space adventure a secret? That has got to weigh heavily on the IOA, wouldn't you say?" Aurore commented with a shrug, before glancing at Michelle, "Perhaps all of Aldo's cousins I have ordered won't have their records sealed for long after all."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #217 on: July 17, 2018, 08:00:34 PM »

Michelle listened to Miki's report.  "No worries, " she assured Miki.  It had been nice to have a few minutes to themselves.   "I'm inclined to agree there,   it wasn't our choice."

Michelle nodded.  "I wouldn't want the job of keeping everything quiet."  She was sure things had grown more the anyone expected.   She chuckled a bit.  "I do believe you are right there," she agreed with Aurore.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 01:23:28 AM by Mim »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #218 on: July 18, 2018, 01:54:48 AM »

"Aldo's cousins?" Miki said curiously. "Did I miss something?" Obviously she did, then she went straight onto the subject at hand. "The rumors have been running quite wildly for almost a year now after the American President made that address to the UN. It feels like to me with all respect Colonel and Major San, that we might see the revelation of the Stargate Program to the world. I do have mixed emotions over this, for those who by nature oppose the West may see it as yet another way to put them into an even smaller position on the world stage. My Prime Minister was vehemently against revealing it."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 08:36:51 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #219 on: July 22, 2018, 11:24:01 AM »

"Aldo's cousins. I put in a request to one of my old squadrons for a couple cases of a plush version of a European Boar that is EC 3/3's mascot for pilots to take up with them if they want. We'll keep a running tally on what his cousins are up to while they are stationed here at the Alpha Site. Tradition in 3/3 is that they are all compiled together and credited to Aldo's cousin as one entity." Aurore explained before leaning back on the couch.

"It's not the possibility of war that bothers me. The countries that would want that would be foolish to even try. Two things bother me with that situation. One; we've seen the manipulation powerplays that are played, especially when it comes to the United States, China and Russia. It took a long time for Britain and France to get involved even after Thor visited our leaders. The Alpha Site feels a lot like...throwing us a bone." Aurore scoffed at that but continued, "Hell, the Australians and Canadians got in easier. But I digress. The other problem is more to do with all the rioting that will happen from the Luddites back on Earth who don't and won't understand anything we're doing here or the possibilities that exist out here. For all the horrible things that came because we've been out here, all the horrible people we've had to fight, there are so much more good things out here."

"Had you asked me several years ago if I ever even dreamed of going into space, I'd have told you no. I flew Rafales and Mirages, that was that. But I can not even begin to describe the euphoria I felt when I first flew an F-302 in space, or the first time I flew low level over the Moon. That was when I had an epiphany about how much we had to learn, to see. And that's what those morons that will inevitably take to the streets will never understand." Aurore concluded.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #220 on: July 22, 2018, 03:20:15 PM »

Michelle smiled. "We thought the Aldos would give everyone a bit of a smile as sometimes we just seem to forget to take those few moments and relax enough to smile," she added.  She hoped they were right and it ended up being a good thing.

She sighed a bit.  "You do have a point there.  I don't think anyone will truly be able to understand what we do here.  I know it didn't really sink into me until I was actually here and either in combat or learning about the different races out there.  Being on Zulu really opened my eyes."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #221 on: July 23, 2018, 08:48:28 PM »

Miki nodded in complete agreement with the sentiments expressed by both. The only reason she was here was by default. Like many she had been hand picked for the Pegasus mission, only to find that by the time she was ready to go they had already narrowed down the numbers considerably, then those like her who had been told about the Stargate program were given other options, or sign a non disclosure agreement so binding you'd be terrified to even talk in your sleep. Taking the Alpha site option was the easy way out for her. She could have been sent to Zulu earlier herself except that by the time that program was ongoing, she was too needed here. "I was of the understanding the Australians were taken in earlier because of their close ties with the US. I had heard that the Australian Prime Minister basically threatened to reveal the Stargate publicly if they weren't brought in fully. That was prior to Atlantis, so it must go back to at least 2005. Still its only a rumor which we can't take much stock in."

There was her own experiences, but she wanted to assure them just the same. "The Japanese people I should add, would be completely surprised at first, but I think they of most countries would be the least upset by it. Leftist opinions are very much down the bottom of public debate in our country, to the point those who do lean that way are shunned by the mainstream." Now they had to move on. "Colonel, Major. We have a fairly large task ahead of us moving our assets from Merenden to here, how do you both think it best to approach?"
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2018, 10:31:58 PM »

"The heavy equipment is already being moved, the troops will either be transported via Stargate or aboard ship. We should have our ground forces converted over by the end of the week. The anti-aircraft platforms, should be a week and a half, and our fighter conversions will be completed around then as well." Aurore replied. "I've already begun setting up the orientation seminars once conversions are completed."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2018, 04:45:30 PM »

So it was back to business again.  It seemed like at this job there was never anytime to catch your breath.  She had to wonder just how Alex had managed it on Zulu.  Just the thought of her fiance made her smile a bit even if it also made her a bit sad.  She missed him terribly.

"Well that will be good at least.  We don't need the whole world freaking out over this.  I don't know about anyone else here, but it had certainly taken me by surprise when I had first learned of the Stargate program.  Now though it just feels normal." She nodded as she listened to Aurore.  It seemed like her second in command had everything well in hand. "That sounds perfect and like you have everything well sorted out already."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2018, 11:12:12 PM »

Taking notes Miki dipped her head in the right places thinking she was glad to be working among such wonderful professional people. Especially seeing the Colonel's expression. She wasn't sure if she was going to deliver good or bad news but she had to say what was to be said. "Our work load may go up slightly over the next few weeks, they are moving Zulu station to our planetary orbit within the next 48 hours. Colonel I realize this may bring painful memories for you, but it was felt this would be the safest place for the station to call home."
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

lethal-pageant