Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16  (Read 11767 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 93
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16
« Reply #270 on: December 05, 2018, 06:52:15 PM »

Kim hurried after her friend.  She was giddy and excited and couldn't remember the last time she had been this happy.  It was one of the few good things that had happened recently.  She cringed as they nearly plowed over poor Siler, saying a quick sorry.  Once they reached the office though she was bouncing.

"Midnight huh?  Well, I'm thinking Alex and Michelle probably won't care what time of day it is just as long as they can finally get married."  She grinned.  "And that's perfect with the hairdresser.  Will give us time to get dressed while Michelle is getting her hair done."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #271 on: December 05, 2018, 09:27:28 PM »

The ginger headed Welshman/New Zealander came up behind the girls not masking his presence whatsoever as his footsteps were quite loud. Catching the end of what they had been talking about piqued his curiosity, for the certainly looked happy, joyful he'd say. "So what's this about midnight? What are you two rascals up to?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 258
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #272 on: December 06, 2018, 08:47:45 PM »

"Well its in all the ..." Bobbie spun her head around when the man of the moment came up behind them. For a bloke with one leg he sure as hell got around okay? Or was there something they were all missing as she recalled earlier he was trying to hint on something. "Us sir, god no." She mentally crossed her fingers as she looked across at Kim. "I mean you know us well, we're too silly to be up to anything aren't we?" But in the end he was going to find out, though rather than the girls have to say it all over again it would be better to wait until Michelle could hear what they had achieved. "After you sir." She held out her hand to let him pass. Throwing her buddy a wink at the same time.

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #273 on: December 07, 2018, 04:24:48 PM »

Kim nearly jumped as Alex walked up behind them.  Sheesh, how could he still do that?  She pressed her lips together, trying hard not to smile.  "Of course we're not up to anything," she said innocently.  Of course she knew Alex knew them both better then that. She quickly followed behind Alex, grinning at Bobbie behind his back.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #274 on: December 11, 2018, 04:05:30 PM »

A raised eyebrow told them both he didn't believe a word; Alex knew them as well as if they were his own kids and then some. "I see." The words came with a curve of the mouth.

Passing Miki first he gave the Chief a decent Brit thumbs up, then straight into Michelle's office to give her the good news. God she was radiant, he thought before speaking. "Hey." His eyes were afire with joy. "It's all done, our Padre will be here soon, an hour and half she said and as we know Chaplains are not in the habit of telling furphies are they?" A complete poker face right there and then. He glided our to Michelle standing easily beside her. For a moment his face changed to one of sadness as he looked down at her ring hand. There were words that needed to come out, the lump in his throat wouldn't let them pass.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #275 on: December 11, 2018, 07:20:00 PM »

Michelle had found it nearly impossible to stand still while she waited for Alex to return.  Of course she had no idea what Kim and Bobbie were up to, but today, she didn't care.  She felt like she was walking on water.  And seeing Alex walk into the room only solidified her need to be with this man.

She caught the sadness streak his face before he replaced it with a smile and reached out to squeeze his hand. "I miss them too," she whispered, stepping into his arms.  "But I know each and every one of them would be happy about this.  They would hate it if they knew we were sad because of them."  They had lost friends and some had even felt like family.  "I have no doubt that in some way each and every one of them is here right now.  And if it will make you feel better I happen to have a certain kitty at home who will give you snuggles."  Yes, she had adopted Mrs. Smith.  She couldn't help it.  The cat was family too.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #276 on: December 16, 2018, 06:36:29 PM »

Pure innocence, that was what these two were capable of. Whether or not Alex believed them was another matter as the man could fairly well put his finger on their guilt on anything even remotely connected to them; that was how both he and Michelle had come to know the girls from day one all so long ago. They both smiled at one another, following Alex into the Main Office. Going past Miki she looked quite pleased with her normal neutral expression changed into one of 'everything seems rosy today'; not commonly seen on her. Bobbie could only but give her best cheesy grin.

Something had changed in Alex in the few moments since he walked ahead of them, his expression had gone from merriment to sadness. Neither Bobbie nor Kim were aware of what might have occurred, this sudden change taking Bobbie aback some. "Erm, okay what happened in five seconds? You two haven't called it off have you?" That was naturally the first thing that entered her mind. She looked at Kim perplexed, then she looked at Aurore knowing the woman had been enduring all this show of emotion; Bobbie moved next to her then sat in the chair nearby. With the mindset of Michelle and Alex right now she doubted that anyone beyond their own immediate vicinity would be noticed for a while yet. "Do you know what's going on Major? Like its a total switch from how we left them a while ago?"

@Cipherhornet18
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 05:43:32 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #277 on: January 07, 2019, 03:03:45 PM »

Realizing they didn't have the room to themselves Alex gently pushed away from Michelle taking on a more business like tone addressing Aurore. "Ahem, well in any case the good padre will be here shortly and I've been thinking, though its your call Major. Would we be able to use the base Chapel for the service?" His thoughts in sync with Michelle, but knowing how their lives were so intertwined with many others he had a gut feeling that low key wasn't going to stay that way for long.

He glanced at the girls, his watery eyes turning to that ever present smile. "Nothing serious kids, merely reflecting on old friends."

@Cipherhornet18

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #278 on: January 10, 2019, 09:31:08 PM »

Aurore felt fairly awkward and wanted to extract herself from the situation. But, she couldn't.

"I don't believe that it's anything I'm supposed to make the call on. The Colonel is the base CO, after all. Though I find it odd we have a chapel and no chaplain here...but spiritual matters are hardly in my wheelhouse." Aurore replied with a shrug.

"I believe that if you have a chaplain setting things up, then they would be responsible for the location or the use of the base chapel. I honestly wouldn't know about these things. I haven't set foot in a church that wasn't a landmark since I was about 10." Aurore commented. "I should probably go pull up the duty log and rosters, since I presume I'll have to take over things for at least the rest of the day."

The French fighter pilot stood, trying hard not to look so thoroughly uncomfortable but failing at it. Life was so much easier behind the stick of a fighter and the open skies around you...

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #279 on: January 13, 2019, 04:43:34 PM »

>>From Gate Room>>

Right outside the door as she dropped her bag on the floor, Fran heard the conversation clearly between Alex and the base XO. Now that she was here she could alleviate those concerns; she entered the room after a light knock on the door and a nod from Miki in the outer office. "You can put your concerns aside Major." Fran said essentially announcing her presence.

"Commander Fran McCarthy, Stargate Command Senior Chaplain. As I was about to say, from the moment Colonel Bixby sent in her request, she has relinquished command to you until such time as her and Mr Whitmore's nuptials are completed...you two aren't planning on a Honeymoon are you?" She said with just a half smile on her face; that would of course require a hell of a lot more paperwork. "And yes the chapel will do fine. Now, Michelle and Alex.." She nodded to the two young women, not knowing who they were, she'd find out soon enough. "...have you set a time? We can still do this tonight if you wish, I suppose it depends on who you wish to be there for you. Since you're way out here Michelle, do you wish for someone to stand in for your father to give the bride away?"
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #280 on: January 13, 2019, 06:06:51 PM »

Kim's eyes widened in alarm. "Ah, heck no!  They better not have done that," she said in disbelief.  It had taken them too long to see Michelle and Alex get here to hear they had called the wedding off.  She breathed a bit easier when Alex said that wasn't the case, but her eyes misted when she was reminded of the crew and friends they had lost.

Michelle opened her mouth to speak when Fran walked in.  Good timing as always.  She nodded her head at the SGC Chaplain.  Leave it to Alex to somehow pull this all together. "I apologize for throwing you into this, Aurore," she said.  "I never expected Alex to show up like this.  Although unfortunately no honeymoon at this time, so I'll be back to help in a short time."  She knew Miki would help Aurore while she was gone.

Michelle silently groaned.  She hadn't even thought about the possibility of her family not being at her wedding.  She nibbled on her lower lip as she squeezed Alex's hand.  "Well since coming here I've made friends with the base doctor.  I wonder if perhaps Dr. Gordon Daniels would mind being a stand in.  Are you okay with that, Alex?" she asked her fiance.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #281 on: January 13, 2019, 09:59:34 PM »

"Yes Major I extend my apologies as well, this was for all of you out of left field I know, but as things were I didn't have the time to organise in any better way unfortunately." Better on the fly than not at all.

He turned to Fran now seeing her in the flesh, she was shorter than he imagined. "Thanks so much Padre for such short notice. We're not planning anything big so I imagine just a few of Michelle's friends from the base will attend." He glanced at the wall clock, it was 1715 hours. "Nineteen hundred suit all of you?" That felt like enough time to gather things together. His face stretched into a grin when Michelle mentioned Gordon. He gave Alex his first medical when he joined the SGC. "Old Daniels, couldn't think of anyone better to stand in for your old man sweetheart." Giving her a reassuring squeeze on the arm, he knew things would be right from here onward.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2019, 12:40:23 AM »

Now they were getting somewhere and it was happening very quickly and smoothly. Robyn felt she and Kim could help things along by first checking on Josile and then rounding up some of Michelle's friends on the base, those she knew at least. "I think Kim and I have a few things to do, so if you all will excuse us for a little bit. We'll keep our radios on until its time to get dressed oh and Colonel Bixby, you have an appointment at the hair dressers in about 30 mins." Now there was something no one had thought of. What was Michelle going to wear? "Kim, come on, we have work to do."

"Padre." She said respectfully as she back stepped to the door.
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #283 on: Today at 02:08:48 AM »

"I'm going to go ahead and take my leave. I believe there's still a fair bit to be done around here, and I'm going to have my hands full. Best of wishes and congratulations to you both." Aurore said, backing towards the door before turning and heading out.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

lethal-pageant