Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: USS Apollo Bridge  (Read 4575 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: USS Apollo Bridge
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2017, 08:05:43 PM »

{Colonel Ian Davidson} NPC

<Bridge>

The ship's captain wasn't surprised one bit by the appearance of Anne, it was only a month ago he had hosted her daughter along with her team on this very bridge; his experience being with the MacGregor clan over the last few years was that where there was one, another would soon turn up. He had been briefed previously in any case. "You look good Anne, been a while hasn't it?" The man was on his own, their task for now merely being Earth's guard ship, with his crew either resting, or doing tasks they'd normally not have the time to do. When he noticed the second woman appear, he stood abruptly, snapping to attention.

"A while Ian yes." She glanced over her shoulder. "Allow me to introduce to you Ambassador Princess Ríoghnach Aoibhell, of the Kelt delegation to Earth." Social pleasantries could be exchanged later with him, for now she was on the clock.

"Very pleased to meet you your highness." He stepped forward offering his right hand, fortunately for him he had a cleanly pressed uniform on.

Robert Laurel

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Robert Laurel A new starter.
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2017, 09:13:31 PM »

Rioghnach came forward to take his hand, smiling. "Please to meet you, Colonel. Just call me Rioghnach. We Kelts tend to be very informal with your royalty. Or if you wish, call me Doctor. I am a fully qualified M.D."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2017, 07:00:17 PM »

{Colonel Ian Davidson} NPC

<Bridge>

With a sharp nod Ian had to admit the latter title would be far easier in the short term, he'd wrap his tongue around the name at a later time for he knew MacGregor wasn't one to stand around, wanting to get moving quickly. "Doctor is far easier ma'am. So Doctor it is for now and since Doctor Mac is in a hurry, Anne where was it you were needing to go?"

A smile spread across Anne's lips, she was heading home, the first time in almost three years. "Sydney, Ian. SGC liaison office; you know where it is."

"Indeed I do, lovely place with a view. Stand by ladies, we'll just shift orbit a little and you're off." A few moments later the great ship had moved without anyone realising it, then Ian hit the beaming node and they were gone.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2018, 10:37:58 PM »

<<From Muniz ANG base>>

Bonnie was the first to appear on the bridge of the Apollo, the ship's XO Major Miranda Elwood there standing near the Commander's chair to greet SG-9 and the Black Bird TF. She wasn't overly familar with Heckman, although she knew her as did many ship crews from the stories of the Daedalus and that terrible battle with the Hozgura 8 months ago. The tales of her saving crew from the engine room were standard fare now, yet no one outside of a very small few knew what her fate had been back then.

{Major Miranda Elwood} NPC

"Welcome aboard SG-9, well Senior Airman Heckman in this case. Your teammates will be right behind you and I've been instructed to direct you all to a good clean up, we've beamed up clean uniforms for you, then lastly a decent meal."

Looking around with her vert typical 'been there done that' look, Bonnie drew herself to attention. "Thank you Major that will be so very greatly appreciated."

@sorra @Bluebell722 @Ellen_Ripley @DanielRyder @SGDelta
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

SGDelta

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • SGDelta is looked down upon.
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2018, 11:59:53 PM »

Hurley appeared in a blinding fast of light on the bridge of the Apollo. Around him crew members worked busily at their stations, monitoring the key systems of the massive battlecruiser, their work overseen by the Colonel from an elevated command chair. Turning, he gazed out the forward view screen at the blue-green sphere on Earth, rotating slowly beneath them as it transited through the void of space.

A senior officer wearing Major rank insignia and with the name Elwood on her name tape stepped forward and informed Airman Heckman that they were to wash up and grab meal.

"Major, Chief Warrant Officer Hurley. Did you capture any surveillance footage of the gunfight in Cartagena? We'd like to review it, see if there's anything we missed.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 11:36:46 PM by SGDelta »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2018, 07:02:21 PM »

"Welcome aboard Mr Hurley. As to your question, give me a moment I'll link up with the satellite tasked with that area. Won't be long." Miranda sat herself down mindful of the weary people who were now more or less standing around; as quickly as she worked the data was coming up on her screen. She re-routed that to the large tactical screen behind them. "This starts from the time SG-9 entered the compound, here.." She handed him a remote. "...you can speed it up, jump to wherever you like with that."
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2018, 08:23:49 PM »

One by one their life forces, the molecules that held them altogether were reassembled on the bridge of the mighty Apollo. Al was next in line, wavering for a second; as he often quoted to himself, he wasn't getting any younger at this. "Major Elwood, good to see you again, its been what three or two years now?" He said by way of greeting. "Mr Hurley, Bonnie, the others are right behind me." At best he hoped they were. He glanced over to see Ian engrossed in something as the man often was. There will be time for reunions no doubt in a short while.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2018, 07:37:21 PM »

Another flash and the big Aussie materialized, shaken but not stirred. He took two steps forward quickly noting the scene but not having heard anything of worth said except the Reynolds last 'the others are right behind me'. "I'm sure we are Colonel." At any time any place that laconic down under humor was likely to surface. He did though feel a little light headed, that might be put down to the fact that blood was seeping out of the hastily applied bandage and stitches on the chopper, not exactly the best place for minor surgery. Ben could feel his head spinning, he fought hard against it. "Hurley, when we get back, remind me to buy you a case of the best beer I can find. A bloody good job done!" Even getting those words out, they felt sloppy across his tongue. 

@sorra @DanielRyder @Bluebell722
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2018, 09:04:14 PM »

When Taer appeared on the bridge soon after his team, the captain appeared unfazed by it. Getting used to the beaming was like driving back and forth between the Alpha Site and Merrendan. The sights and the feeling stays the same. Looking around on the bridge with the activity, he found his teammates and joined both of them looking at the tact screen. Hurley was watching something on the tactical screen of the action.

Crossing his arms, he observed the action and grunted at Ben's comment. He could use some of that beer. Looking at Ben, Taer realized his commanding officer shouldn't be in here, "Sir. You should be in the medical wing of the Apollo to get checked out. I should probably head there anyways. Never know if you got hit somewhere and having an internal bleeding out. Taer murmured the last bit to himself knowing that even if he knew he was lucid, he was probably losing blood somewhere.

Still alert, Taer turned to the Major on the bridge, "Major Elwood. We have an injured Colonel in need of a medic and maybe get me checked out as well. I'm not injured, but one would never know."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 09:20:46 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

SGDelta

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • SGDelta is looked down upon.
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2018, 11:40:39 PM »

"Thank you Major." Hurley took the remote control from the XO and stepped closer to the tactical display to get a better look at what the satellites had seen during the gunfight. While he could still nail a target down range, sooner or later he was going to need reading glasses, despite how much he denied it.

Michael watched as SG-9 engaged the local forces. Nothing looked out of the ordinary - the hostiles had been arranged in a standard defensive pattern with regular perimeter patrols right up until they had made contact with SG-9. A blinding flash of light appeared in the corner of the screen north-west of the compound, signalling the arrival of Taskforce Blackbird. The battle continued up until the helos arrived for extraction.

The CWO took the footage back to the start and watched it two more times, looking for anything out of the ordinary. Down on the ground something had felt wrong, like it had all been just a little too easy. At the time he had been fighting rescue SG-9, but now the bullets had stopped flying, he had the chance to reflect. He was here today because he knew the importance of listening to his instincts.

On the third playback he saw it. Moments after TF Blackbird arrived, three individuals could be seen hurrying out the front gate and crossing the main road out front, leaving a hole in the warehouse defences. The group disappeared off the screen into the nearby houses. The SEAL cursed as he zoomed in the grainy footage, wishing he had the magic 'enhance' option like they did in Hollywood.

MacGregor approached him with congratulations on the mission. "Hold that thought boss." He played back the footage of the escaping individuals for Colonel. "Hard to tell if that's a VIP or a hostage being extracted, but they had someone down there they didn't want us to risk us capturing."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2018, 05:21:36 PM »

Bryan shook his head a bit as they appeared.  He wasn't sure if he would ever get to used to that whole beaming thing.  Although it sure made things go quicker.  He quickly moved up with the rest of his team. "Well, its good to be back among friends," he commented, glancing over at Bonnie with a grin.  So far they had survived.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2018, 11:29:47 PM »

"Good pick up Mr Hurley." Miranda congratulated him as she to watched the screen intently. "We'll pick up the next satellite relay in five minutes, in the mean time we have our own sensors tracking the situation area. There was so much going right now she had to multi-task the lot of it. "Two years Colonel, the last time I was XO on the Hammond when did that square dance with the Alliance. Fun times." She reflected a moment.

Then right when she had her eyes back on the screen the Captain made the call. Miranda only had to glance at Ben to see he was in trouble. She hit the control directly to MedBay. "Doctor Clark, Bridge. We need you and a team here stat."

A delay of a few moments. "We're on our way Major."

She looked across the space to Taer and Ben, frowning. "Cummings, Chang, move your butts. Captain, get the Colonel into that chair, the medical team will be here shortly."

Bonnie wanted to giggle at Colonel Reynolds; she was out of his eyesight when he beamed in. "Present sir." She ticked herself off, but then like always around the SG teams the poo hit the fan. Without waiting she dashed over to where Taer and Ben were, "Bry, give me a hand." She called to her buddy, if only for show. "Easy sir, easy. You're losing a lot of blood." The two ship technicians moved out of the way, one of them unlatching the arm wrests to make it easier to let MacGregor down.

{2nd Lt Jonathon Nealson} NPC

Not that he had planned to of course, but invariably someone had to be last; this time it was Jon. Right in the middle of a minor crisis. He flung down his gear rushing to join the now small crowd around the Aussie. He stripped off his belt, then secured it above the wound, not too tightly but enough to slow the bleeding. "That oughta hold it for a bit Colonel. You don't look so great, I'm sure your missus and kids will want you in one piece so hold on."

"Jesus, I'm not a bloody..." Then Ben stopped, realizing from the heat coursing through his body he was in trouble, he let them ease him down, giving all of them a thankful nod in return.

Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2018, 07:19:23 PM »

Bryan's blue eyes widened in alarm.  He knew Ben had been injured, but he hadn't realized it was that bad.  He rushed over to Bonnie and Ben, helping Ben sit down.  "You certainly did a number on yourself, sir,"  he commented as Jon put an makeshift turniqit on Ben's arm.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2019, 04:50:51 PM »

"Yeah fun times." Al mused, a matter he didn't need to be reminded of since it laid him up for almost a month after the event. He went to the others where Ben was being attended to, looked closely with a worried frown. "That's deep son, and we need to brief the Admiral." He turned to Miranda. "Major, better yet have Colonel MacGregor beamed down to the SGC med bay, alert them in advance, the rest of us to the Briefing room after we've cleaned up. Dismissed." That was worrying, Hurley's observation. Al made a note in his head to have the video footage analysed frame by frame when they got below. He left his team to head for the ship's bathrooms for a shower and change of clothing.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2019, 11:28:11 PM »

“Yes I agree in hindsight Colonel it would be far more beneficial for Lieutenant Colonel MacGrgeor to be taken care of down below. God knows we could be called away at any minute.” She confirmed with Ian before making the call, he told her that she was running the ship (it was pending her own promotion to L/Col and her own command on a 340, hence his silence for the most part.

Bonnie was grateful for the assistance, Ben was a big man and even for her without showing off too much, she wanted to appear as natural as possible, letting others see she was struggling with him. With Taer, Jon and Bryan there she felt so much more at ease and when the Colonel came over it was a team effort. “Good call.” She said to her friends in relation to Reynolds’ change of orders; Ben will be far better off at the SGC med bay. “Come on guys, we’ve got things to do.  Colonel MacGregor sir, I need to say this before we go; its been a pleasure serving with you today. I think I speak for all our team, we would or could have been dead if it hadn’t been for you and Mr Hunter’s timely arrival. You’ll be okay sir.” She stepped back giving the poor man some air.

{2nd Lt Jonathon Nealson} NPC

“Yeah, I can only concur Colonel, you’re a good man, or bloke as they say down under.” In his previous life, Jack was a close friend of the younger MacGregor’s father, he knew Ben when he and Cate were kids, so as the saying goes, what goes around, comes around.  He was grateful as well.

Ouch! Now they were making him and Hurley out to be some kind of super heroes when they were only doing their job and this wasn’t even a wound from the enemy, unless you class a piece of the enemies fence as that. No this was purely from his own clumsiness, which he will put in his report. “Thanks, thanks  all of you. I know I’ve been pretty much an idiot, I’m not used to being well, you know fussed over. I do appreciate it from you all.”

“Aww its nothing sir, we’re a team, SG-9, its what we do.” Bonnie added before stepping right away. “Coming Colonel Reynolds. You guys follow the Colonel, I’ve got my own space to do my thing.” She was still Bonnie in that department, decent to her soul. 

{Captain Alan Clark CMO} NPC

Around the time everyone started moving away from Ben, Clark and his team arrived. He heard the change of orders and agreed whole heartedly, as he would. Less work for him, then he led his team back where they came from to head to engineering where some hapless Airman had burned himself.

Miranda was on the horn, she called up the SGC medical to give them the heads up. “SGC Medbay this is the Apollo, be prepared to receive one Lieutenant Colonel MacGregor for attendance, copy?”

*Radio*

"Copied Apollo, whenever you're ready, there is a targeting node for Triage bed 7, that should do nicely."

A moment later as Miranda did indeed find the target, Ben was gently beamed away to his new bed. His gear she deposited next to the bed down below.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 11:30:30 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6