Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Simulator Rooms Level 12  (Read 839 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 245
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Simulator Rooms Level 12
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2014, 11:24:29 AM »

Turk resisted the urge to beat her head against the simulator console in frustration at Renner's newest instructional about-face. 'For f***s sake. If this is how the base is run, it's amazing they haven't imploded. No wonder Chalmers has such a reputation for being such a b****. This crap would drive anyone insane.'

She had to smile a little at Agathon's comparison to the video game. "Never played it, but I've seen the videos. And of course you would." She keys off the mic and sighs, shaking her head ruefully. "God, I swear he's 12."

She waited for the console to reset, everything going blank for a moment while the instruments and display recalibrated to the correct environment. 'Gods please rez me behind a small moon or something and not in f***ing Agathon's lap....'

Wherever it was she ended up, thankfully it was far enough from the Marine that he was barely a blip on her radar. She took in the surroundings- a scattered field of meteors, reminiscent of that scene in Star Wars, with plenty of places to hide but also plenty of opportunity to crash against something not insubstantial.

She blew out a deep breath and settled her grip on the throttle, keying open the conn with a grin as she slid around the backside of a particularly largish hunk of rock, strafing to starboard with her plasma turrent trained in the general direction of Agathon's bird. "Lieutenant... oh Lieutenant... come out come out wherever you are..."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2014, 05:45:44 PM »

{ Major Ryse Collins }

Ryse walks with her head held a bit higher than usual towards the Sim room. upon approaching, she hops ahead of the General and holds the door open for her.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2014, 06:29:11 PM »

<<From Commanders Office>>

Some folks would say that Chalmers was an ungenerous person, the trouble with them was they didn't know her or her hardened background. A one second before she left her office, she reached into her bottom drawer, retrieving a small velvet pouch, within were her own quite old Major's acorns. Walking swiftly with Collins, she pushed them into the other woman's hand a moment before they reached the sim room; not even giving her a moment to refuse. "Civilian dress or no, pin one of them on please Major." She was impressed with Alasen, so why not show it.

The radio coms voices coming from within the simulator booths were replayed over the speakers in the room. It took Lucille all but five seconds to assess the situation. She hurried over to Teya at the control desk, reached over to the computer console and hit 'Stop' shutting down the entire proceedings with a winding down of hydralics and the hiss of air being released. In the sim modules, lights went dim. "This training session is over." There was a definite tone of disgust in her voice. "Commander Renner, we have the Dreadnought arriving shortly, go make sure we have the conference room looking presentable please. Major Collins, you can debrief these two and let me know if they have learned anything at all in the last five minutes. When you've done that, head them up to the conference room as well."

With that, Lucille abruptly turned, hopefully leaving open mouthed gapes. That was her intention, and the unseen snarl on her mouth would have shot their collective heart rates up to boot.

<<To Conference room>>

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2014, 08:01:50 PM »

(Teya Renner)

Teya spun in alarm when Lucille walked up beside her and shut down the simulation.  "Ma'am," she saud, spinning on her heel.  Oh she was pretty sure she had goofed this simulation up.  She scrubbed at her face as she walked out, having no doubt Lucille would find her later to demand what had happened.

<to  conference room>

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2014, 08:26:54 PM »

{ Major Ryse Collins }

Ryse had grabbed onto the pouch, not looking, right before opening the door. After the General had passed through the doors, she stepped just inside them to empty the contents of the pouch into her hand. She had suspected what said contents were, but hadn't dared to fully flesh out the thought. But when she looks down at the objects in her hand, her heart nearly stops, her eyes bug wide open and her jaw slackens. There was no way the General had a spare set laying around. That could only mean ... She has to fight back tears. For a superior officer to even loan out their old badges, no matter what rank, was a massive honour. She takes the distraction from the General to pin them to the lapels of her new shirt and wipes away a stray tear just in time

"Yes, Ma'am." She acknowledges the orders a bit more firmly than likely necessary, but she felt she needed to stand up to huge honour just bestowed upon her. She watches Renner leave with a small pang of empathy for the woman. No one ever wanted to be on the bad side of Chalmers' anger. When both women have left and she's left with Turk and Agathon, she stands proudly, very keenly aware of the pins on her shirt, and addresses them.

"So, you heard the General. How did it go?" She asks, not that they could possibly have learned a whole lot. But still, orders were orders. She has to keep from looking at Turk for too long out of fear of bursting into a massive grin and becoming incredibly girly, which was just so not like her.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 07:29:49 PM »

The conns click on and Chalmer's voice comes over, stating simply that the exercise is over. Turk simply flings her hands into the air in a gesture of helpless frustration as the simulator shuts down. "Oh for f*** sakes," she snaps, wanting nothing more than to let out a howl of repressed fury and beat the ever living hell out of... well, something. A heavy bag would probably be best, although something that would actually crash and break might make her feel a bit better.

Grumbling incoherently under her breath, she unfastened the chin strap of the helmet and with perhaps a bi tmore force than necessary hangs it back on the wall inside the cockpit where she'd found it. Then, realizing what kind of a state she was in, she sat back in the bucket seat, tilted her head back, closed her eyes, and laid her hands palms up on her thighs. "Breathe, Turcotte," she said softly, forcing her breath to slow and her shoulders to unbunch. "Take it easy. You're wound a little too tight at the moment."

After a few seconds of forced internal calm she felt it was safe for her to be around other people without wanting to rip anyone's head off, so she climbed out of the cockpit just in time to see Collins fastening something to her shirt as Chalmers leaves with Renner. The general does NOT look happy, and after this experience, Turk feels a pang of sympathy for her. All I can say is I hope this is an atypical day. Otherwise that woman is going to snap, and I have no doubt she could take out half the base in the process.

There is something too bright in Ryse's eyes as she asks how things went, and she is trying too hard to not meet Turk's gaze. Turk tilted her head to one side and narrowed her eyes. "Not particularly well, but it's been that kind of a day," she said slowly, eyes falling on the pins that adorned Ryse's shirt where none had been before. Her eyes widened.

"You have GOT to be kidding me," she says in an awed tone. "You got a promotion? You stinking wh0r3!" she whoops, scooping Collings into a bear hug and twirling her around in a circle. "I hate you just a little right now..."
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 11:15:50 AM »

The F-302 spun in a 180 degree angle diverting from several large asteroids in his direction. Several pieces of rock blew open as the cannons streaked fire upon them. Jon continued pushing his fighter around the belt in the solar system. He was probably in several simulators before, but not like this. He flew the helicopters, but being in the F-302 fighter was his first time. The video games were different so obviously his female counterpart was superior. She had more experience.

The marine pilot thrust his craft forward to practice his maneuvers. At least he was a quick learner or he would not have learned this fast. This time, however, he wasn't running. He just need to figure out Turk's location. Several more of his firings exploded more smaller rocks in his way as his craft spun again to the left 90 degree angle.

Jon's smirk increased as his crease on his forehead came together in a sweat. He muttered to himself covering his mike, "I got you, Captain..."

As his finger touched the firing button of his joystick and getting closer to his target, the simulator all of a sudden shut down. Finding himself in the cockpit of the simulator machine, Jon pouted as he removed his helmet and spat a little bit with irritation, "Aww sod it! I was just having fun."

As Jon sat there for a second to get his bearings, he realized that only at least five but no more than eight minutes had passed. Apparently time went by fast during the simulator, but when reality hit him the marine just let out an annoyed snort. No one cuts off his simulation that fast. No one. However, getting out of the cockpit, he felt a little more confident himself as his true marine colors was showing. Maybe a little bit cocky. Looking ahead, he could visibly see Turk get out of the simulator. She seemed as irritated as he was when the simulator was done. He feels her because he was so close into her craft. Showing his hardened looked, he puffed out his chest a bit as he carried his helmet to his side. He noticed the General was mad about something. Hoping it wasn't too bad, Jon took his place in front of Ryse. He also noticed something different about her.

Before he could respond to her, Turk started jumping around like nuts. It hit Jon as he realized Ryse was promoted to Major. Jon nodded in response as he spoke with a determined tone, "I had fun in the simulator, but disappointed it ended abruptly. I thought it would last for more than fifteen minutes. Never been in a F302 cockpit before, Major but I hope I can ride the real thing. I've studied the specifications. By the way, congratulations on the promotion, Major."

« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 12:57:43 PM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 09:03:38 PM »

{ Major Ryse Collins }

Ryse knows that Turks knows something's up. No way she wouldn't. But with her new rank, she couldn't break. Especially not with the fresh meat there. It wouldn't be appropriate. But before she can get anything decent out of them as a report, Turk is bear hugging her, lifting her off her feet and spinning her around and she can't help but squeal a little. By the time her feet find the floor again, she's laughing and smacking Turk on the arm.

"Yeah, uh ... It looks that way ..." Is all she can come up with, still trying to process things herself. Leaving one arm around Turk, the other hand reaches up to touch one of the acorns carefully, afraid it might disappear and she'd wake up from her dream.

"Thanks, Lieutenant." She acknowledges the other pilot. While he was a Marine, she had to give him a little respect as a pilot. "Sorry 'bout the interruption, but we've got company. Dreadnought is two two minutes out and we're to meet the delegation in the conference room with the General. So .. "' She untangles herself from Turk and tries to get down to business. With the news out of the way, Ryse can almost look Turk in the eyes again. There was still her news, but she isn't sure if it's her place to tell her or not.

"All the details you can give me." She tells them.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2014, 12:02:20 PM »

At the news of the Dreadnought's imminent arrival, Turk felt a frisson of anticipation run through her spine. Finally. Some GOOD news. "Details? Really aren't many, to be honest. Unfortunately, I think the Commander wasn't as familiar with things as she was expected to be. We had a rough start and were *just* beginning our first exercise when Chalmers shut us down. I think I had Agathon to rights but it could have gone either way." She shrugged. It was truthful- in that environment, either one of them could have notched the first kill. She suspected they were on fairly equal footing for the most part, given that he'd also been chosen for the LA skirmish. Hell- given that he was in the program as a pilot at all was a pretty high bar.

"I'm all for heading to the conference room. Especially if there is coffee. I could do with a big sugary bellyfull of it at the moment, otherwise this adrenaline is going to wear off and I'm going to fall asleep in my debriefing packet."
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2014, 12:51:27 PM »

Jonathan nodded at the news. He was anticipating the moment that he will be heading to Atlantis soon. Clearing his throat, he responded with a nod agreeing with Turk, "Yeah, I had her in sights too, but better luck next time."

He shivered slightly out of nowhere as his body felt a little cold for a moment, but it passed so he spoke again as they were about to head to the conference room, "Well, I could use some hot chocolate if they have em. I don't like coffee usually unless it's tasted right. Shall we head to the room soon? I could use some snacks..."

Jon trailed off for a moment getting hungry all of a sudden.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 01:58:36 PM »

{ Major Ryse Collins }

Ryse files the info away. She doesn't even feel the need to grab a piece of paper to make any notes for later. It would be a fairly easy report to send to Chalmers. So she nods and says, "Good enough for me, kids." As they turn to go she finds herself smiling at Agathon's comment.

"If I know Chalmers, she'll have requested a lobster dinner for us all just so she could negotiate it down to the best coffee possible." She jokes with a grin and leads them out of the room.

<< To Conference Room >>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 09:42:24 AM »

Turk chuckled and fell into step behind Ryse. "She's quite the personality, isn't she?" she murmured, without expecting a response.

<< to the Conference Room >>
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 07:20:12 PM »

Jon nodded without responding at Turk's comment but didn't say anything. He stepped in spaces behind both of them and followed the two toward the conference room. He was eager and couldn't wait for whatever was going to happen next. His adventure on Alpha Site was just starting...

To Conference Room

Character List

Pages: 1 [2]

lethal-pageant