Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Conference Rooms Level 10  (Read 4583 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Conference Rooms Level 10
« on: December 07, 2014, 03:30:58 PM »

To be called a conference room was something of a misnomer. In essence it was a large teaching auditorium more than anything else, used at various times for lectures and other massed meetings of the base staff. Almost all the Stargate Program candidates who had passed the required prerequisites for acceptance had sat in this large space learning the essentials of the new world they had been thrust into. It was also prior to the dedicated chapel being built, formerly used for Sunday services.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Conference Rooms Level 10
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 04:55:39 PM »

Teya had done to her best to make sure that the confernce room was as clean as possible.  She stood back to make sure that all looked well, not sure who Lucille had coming.  She had already messed up and didn't want to do anything else wrong.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 12:57:04 AM »

*Radio via General Chalmer's device*

"General, Captain McFearson is on her way with a few of her officers. They would like beer, corn chips and salsa, Ma'am"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:29:15 AM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 04:46:10 PM »

"This place is far too big."
Lucille commented as she joined her CAG. "And don't give me that face Teya, you did all your could given the newness of the simulators, I would have screwed up as badly. Now-- " Her eyes looked over the conference room with approval, not that there was too much to do, she trusted her staff. "Looks fit for the Queen of England doesn't it. Do you think we need bunting?" Sometimes that rare glimmer of humour escaped from the Iron Maiden and you had best enjoy it, as it was a rare commodity from her.

"General, Captain McFearson is on her way with a few of her officers. They would like beer, corn chips and salsa, Ma'am"

Her radio went off in her ear, almost making her jump as she only just inserted the earpiece on her arrival. "McFearson eh? I only know one and only one who would say something like that. Petty Officer, send this reply- 'The General asks if the Captain would like cake and party hats as well?"

She turned to Teya, knowing her file back to front. "I am going to assume this is Helen McFearson, one of your old shipmates Teya?" Lucille herself knew Elle well, a little too well. She wondered how the woman managed to be the recipient to be commander of one of Earth's most powerful warships?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 03:42:51 PM by MelsMum »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 08:22:38 AM »

Teya let out a breath. "I can't believe how messed up that was though," she said in frustration.  She would have to work on the simulators more.  And working with a cocky pilot who she knew she had irritated wasn't helpful.  Teya laughed. "Yes, maybe we should," she grinned.

Teya's eyes lit up. "I haven't seen Elle in ages," she said, looking forward to seeing her old friend.  She wondered how Aria and Andriana were doing.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 03:42:15 PM »

At least Teya had proven herself not to have been in the same mold as McFearson and that was a blessing. Some folks matured as they grew in years and rank, some did not. But to her credit, Elle was good at what she did, otherwise the IOA and indeed Davidson wouldn't have entrusted her with the responsibility given her. "She was here before your time, made quite an impression." That was just the tip of the iceberg, Lucille's memories brought up a long line of rather unmilitary behavior antics from McFearson and her little gang. "Lets hope the girl has grown up Teya, for her sake."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 04:09:42 PM »

Teya had missed Elle.  There had been quite some adventures when she was with Elle.  She bit back a chuc,kle.  "Oh with Elle it is hard to say," she grinned.  "But it will be great to see her again."  Maybe they would actually get a chance to catch up a bit.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 04:57:14 PM »

"You know why I moved her on and out Teya, along with her buddies?" Lucille asked candidly. "She was wasting her skills and talent here, as were the others I pushed out. I think both her and her friends probably hold some kind of angst against me for breaking up their little club here, but what I did was for their own good." And hers to, another day more with them here and Lucille would definitely had been ready to be certified. She had to admit though, their antics did lighten the place up some and she made sure that kind of levity remained long after they left- not quite to their degree though.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 06:01:58 PM »

Teya hadn't really thought about it.  She missed the others but she was sure Lucille had had her reasons.  Teya nodded.  "Elle seems to have done well for herself."  She chuckled softly.  "Oh I'm sure they got over it."

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 02:11:50 PM »

{ Major Ryse Collins }

As Ryse walked through the hallway, keeping the chit chat to general small talk for Agathon's sake (and because anything she and Turk had to say to each other would probably make him uncomfortable), she felt like the two pins the General had given her were literally weighing her down. She couldn't stop thinking about them. Surprisingly, it wasn't the promotion that had her head spinning, it was the pins. She felt like she didn't deserve to wear something that belonged to someone like Chalmers. People talk about her, but no one has ever said that she wasn't a fair, good leader. After all, you don't become General by being bad at your job.

She opens the door to the conference room just in time to hear Teya's last comment and wonders who exactly they were talking about. She turns to the others and indicates that they should take a seat.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2015, 03:52:19 PM »

A curt nod said to Teya that Lucille agreed in principle with her assessment of McFearson; to the point that the General did keep up with the news over the years and of course she managed to read O'Neill's reports on everyone of her former inmates. Most of it was good news, although some of it was met with a heavy heart, especially when she learned of Catherine MacGregor's passing. She only hoped that fate would treat others more kindly in the end- everyone had to die eventually, she did though console herself in the knowledge Catherine would have met death square on without flinching.

"Ah, the room is starting to look less empty now." Three additional people didn't exactly make a large room like this look exactly full either, yet it was far better than none at all. "We're not much of a welcoming party folks, sad part of Sundays I guess you could say. From what I've heard the crew from the Dreadnought have been through their own private hell, so I would ask each of you to be as charming as I know you will be. I have the kitchens preparing some food to make them feel a little more at home as well." Lucille tilted her head towards Teya. "Get me an update from the gate room to the Dreadnought's ETA please Commander."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 234
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 01:08:13 AM »

*radio*

"General, the Dreadnought is here now, she can start beaming people down as soon as you give the word."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 06:08:26 PM »

"Now? Damn it!" The woman wasn't ready yet, she didn't expect them so soon, yet a quick check of her watch indicated the time had more than elapsed, leaving Lucille feeling as if she'd dropped the ball. "Teya get on the horn and make a base wide announcement, all off duty personnel to assemble in the conference room now!" She couldn't very well have a welcoming party to an empty hall, that would simply not do.

Lucille began pacing up and down across the stage area, her mind thinking all the while the best place to receive the Dreadnought crew and since she had no idea how many there were, it had to be as large at least as where she was now. That left the chapel down the hallway- she pressed the transmit on her radio. "Jordan, give them the coordinates to the chapel and you go meet them there, we need to stall a little." That should do it, hopefully.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 234
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 09:50:12 PM »

*radio*

"Copy that ma'am. Sending coordinates now."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 08:09:55 AM »

Teya nodded.  "On it."  The woman quickly moved to where she could get to the radio to make the announcement. 

"Attention all off duty personal, you are to report to the conference room immediately!!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

lethal-pageant