Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Promotion?  (Read 1323 times)

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
Promotion?
« on: January 09, 2015, 01:25:54 PM »

What do I do if I want to get Gary Promoted a from Staff Sergeant to Company Sergeant Major?
I know we used to have a system for it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 02:42:02 PM by Northern girl »

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Robert Laurel is looked down upon.
Re: Promotion
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 04:43:17 PM »

I'm going to have Linde promoted from O-4 to O-5 by a letter from the Headquarters of the German Navy, backdated to take effect the day before Otto von Beck got promoted to the same rank.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:29:24 PM by MelsMum »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
Re: Re: Promotion
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 05:37:09 PM »

Well its more if Fred and Gary get sent to Atlantis, Gary should be promoted.
In the British Army Technically, a Staff Sergeant and a Company Sergeant Major are the same rank, In theory. Except a CSM is just the most experienced SSgt.
I mean again a CSM is technically a higher rank, but their dutys arnt much different. Its hard to explain and get round.
I mean Gary is meant to be a Colour Sergeant but because he is technically attached the the Signal unit of the UK SFSG he is a Staff Sergeant. but yeah.
On Atlantis, Gary should be promoted to CSM as he is the most experienced enlisted man of the British Army in the SGC.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:29:51 PM by MelsMum »

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
Re: Re: Promotion?
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 05:57:10 PM »

Just have it that the Army gave a waiver to personnel assigned to SGC.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:31:55 PM by MelsMum »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 06:14:02 PM »

I dont get what you mean.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:31:00 PM by MelsMum »

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 06:53:14 PM »

What I mean is that the MoD determines that since the SGC is a special case that promotion decisions be left up to the local commander. That should get around the problem.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:30:42 PM by MelsMum »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 09:54:07 PM »

Oh no I mean OOC is there anything I have to do, at one point we had a system for dealing with in game promotions, I don't know if that still stands. The MoD would promote him to CSM when they move to Atlantis anyway, as he would deserve the promotion.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:30:24 PM by MelsMum »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: Promotion?
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 04:34:21 PM »

Make sure that when you are going for promotions that you go through the right channels both in game and via the game GM. SGC would be Mel and Atlantis will be Mandi.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 218
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 04:41:09 PM »

Make sure that when you are going for promotions that you go through the right channels both in game and via the game GM. SGC would be Mel and Atlantis will be Mandi.

I think we had a thread set up at one point that one needed to submit promotion requests to -- and that the appropriate authorities would discuss it in the staff portion of the boards and come to a decision there. I know we had certain requirements that needed to be met, but we might have to set all of that up again. I'm not sure what happened to it.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 04:50:48 PM »

I understand we lost quite a lot of those threads some time ago with the last change. That would have been pre- March last year.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 04:54:22 PM »

That would be my guess as well. Mel, Mandi and I will probably have to get together and discuss how we'd like to handle that going forward for both SG-1 and Atlantis -- if proceed with the same format or go with something new.
Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 05:03:41 PM »

Well its more I have how its sorted in Game already done.

OOC what do I need to do.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 07:56:24 PM »

I think for now until we get something set up, those concerned only need to PM and state the reason for the promotion. That will do for now I guess  :samanime12:
Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 08:14:11 PM »

So do I PM you or Mandi?

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 08:26:06 PM »

Me, since your characters are still attached to Stargate command
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: [1] 2