Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Wold and the Alpha Site  (Read 861 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 326
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
The Wold and the Alpha Site
« on: January 28, 2015, 06:50:11 PM »

For the locals, the planet is simply called the Wold. Very similar in many ways to Earth, being some eight percent smaller and the fourth of sixteen planets in this solar system.  Only one other is habitable and then only barely, that being the third planet; it is year round dry and hot with little water.

The Wold’s make up consists of five major continents and thousands of islands with vast seas. Only three continent have any substantial populations, that being Incasta where the Alpha site and principle human population reside on the mid west coast. Incasta stretches across the equator almost equally in both directions, reaching to within spitting distance of either frozen Pole. A large and broad river flows through the lower southern hemisphere at the ‘Narrows’, an isthmus some three hundred miles wide; joining East and West Oceans. A large mountain chain runs North/South along the West coast. The Borgemestyku (simply known as the Borg) live mostly along the southern coasts, north eastern mountain ranges and the far eastern plains. Of these the Northern tribes are the most hostile.

Azga'intek far across the seas is a large continent that is above the equator. Little is known of it, save they are ruled by an empress. They had been raiding the coasts of their neighbors for thousands of years, the last was three hundred years ago when after ten years they were finally beaten back from Incasta by joined forces of the Cavaleiros, Kelts, El'Dari and Southern Borg tribes.

Wodanellet. Far to the east of Incasta, little is known of this dark mysterious land.

The remaining populations are scattered across the seas on the many islands. Total population of the Wold is around 1.2 billion, but no census has ever been taken.

The El Cavaleiros

The native human population are known by their ancient language ‘The Horsemen’. The language itself an archaic form of Portuguese and their histories indicate they were brought to the planet by the El’dari around the same time the Asgard were populating the galaxy with humans from Scandinavia. At the time of settlement, the eventual enemy of the El Cavaleiros, the Borg, kept far away to the North and West as much that even the El’dari disregarded them. This only changed over the centuries as the El Cavaleiros started exploring their new world some five hundred years ago.

The Cavaleiros’ ancestry can be traced back to the Celts of Earth, those dominating southern and western Europe at the time, rather than the British isles. They are a hardy people, at first living a nomadic life after the El’dari had settled them here; the reasons for doing so became clearer as time went on. With them, they brought horses, their constant companions and over the years, those horses were interbred with stock the El’dari themselves had in place before the arrival of the humans. The intelligence of these horses is far beyond that of which any person from Earth could imagine.

In recent times, as far back as two hundred years or so, the people started building towns and eventually the city of Foreston.  It has grown larger even more since the arrival of those through the Stargate from Earth, moved to its present location two years ago after devastating floods all but destroyed the older town which was a little North of the Earthlings Alpha site.
 There are approximately one and half million in total of the Cavaleiros, of those they can muster one third, 500,000 to arms.

This is going to be large and lengthy, so please bear with me.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 05:53:00 PM by Mim »

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: The Wold and the Alpha Site
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 06:51:14 PM »

Principle Map

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 01:19:14 AM by RogueRanger »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 06:53:26 PM »

Town Square

Judy's the Pub

Shopping District

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 12:15:49 AM »

Currency:

The generally accepted currency is the crown, divided into ten schillings, that divided into ten penneth.

The crown is made up of gold, nickel, copper and has traces of both naquada and trinium.

1 Cr= 3.75 US Dollars

1 Sc= 37.50 cents

1 Pn= 3.75 cents

So for example if you bought a coffee in Foreston for 65 Sc, that would be roughly $2.50

A pair of boots for Cr105 would be $393.75 out of your pocket.