Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Atlantis-Exterior of the City, Balconies and Piers  (Read 3069 times)

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
Re: Atlantis-Exterior of the City, Balconies and Piers
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 05:34:48 PM »

Feeling herself starting to rise out of the water, Guilia forced herself out of her sleepy state and put her arms out to keep herself from bashing into the side of the City pier to much, while being greatful for Mel's help. She heard her offer of food for a year, but she was both mentally and physically exhausted to make a decision wother to hold Mel to it. Only determination was keeping herself going and that was mostly just gas fumes.

Icy water dropped of her body, the cold was made all the worse by the light winds, making her shiver as her body sought to keep her warm.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 234
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 02:19:09 AM »

"Yessir." Mel thought for now she'd forgo the salute, surely Cam would understand. That was the difficult part for the young Dane, being technically a civilian on the base, but still having her reserve status as a Lieutenant in the RDAF, it was confusing sometimes.

She watched as Julia eventually disappeared over the edge, then the rope came twirling back down again.

"Tie it on Doc." She heard Chuck say.

"No, just hold tight Chuck." With that, she pulled back on it, testing the strain. Being assured those strong people up there had a tight grip, Mel went up, hand over hand and soon she was on the edge and over it. By then her adrenalin had run out and she collapsed next to Julia. Her head turned to the side, this experience had bonded the two rather inward and shy doctors for life in her view. "Teyla's people have a sister bonding ceremony, for those not of the same blood. Would you go through it with me?" She said almost whispering to her in Italian. The sky above looked beautiful now.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 03:35:26 AM »

There was a blanket, or perhaps she was so cold she felt warm. It didn't matter really, her eyes were fixed on the sky above. Endless as the ocean she'd been plucked from. What she knew for certain was she felt alive and an affinity for her new friend now collapsing beside her on the pier deck.

Turning her head, she faced Mel listening to her request in Italian, then replied likewise.
" Yes, I think after this we should. I would follow you to hell my sister, at least it's warm down there. Thank you for saving my life. "

Shivering, another thought passed into her tired head.

" Ronon and Ashtah, they are still trapped down there."
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 09:38:44 AM by MeredithMcKay »

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 06:47:39 PM »

{Chuck Campbell Gate tech} NPC

"We'll have you both warm and dry soon Doctors." Chuck went on one knee to assure himself both were okay, yet he was thrown off a little when Julia mentioned Ronon and the visitor Ashtah. "Trapped ma'am? Do you know exactly where? That was the strangest thing you know, for the last thirty minutes or so we had none of you on the city wide life signs detector. Last we saw you all was near Doctor Zelenka's rooms."

As he spoke, one of the other SF's threw down the rope to Cam, it landed with a splash right near him. "Sir you want us to haul you up, or can you climb?" He asked.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 02:42:58 AM »

Sometimes in your life you find a bondmate, sometimes that happens over time, but for Melinda and her new found sister Julia, it happened almost the very moment, as difficult as it was, they met. There seemed to be a common link, an energy that joined the two of them as one. She did try in vain to prop herself up, yet for now her own energy was spent and in that she knew the two of them would be carried to sick bay and some TLC. "To hell and back." She repeated in perfect Italian.

Thoughts off Ronon and Ashtah seeped into her mind, she knew they would be running low on air. "Chuck...call Woolsey, there is a door three levels below Doctor Zelenka's room, its jammed shut....we...we couldn't open it." As she spoke, her hand rested on that of Julia's, that touch, it was worth gold. "I think in that...what we did in a way saved us both." That was true, because not long ago, Melinda's spirits were at a low ebb, now she had something more than she did before.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 06:08:17 PM »

" There was severe damage to that section, how much..... I can't tell, far to dark down there..... fried doesn't cover it."

Giulia told Chuck between chattering teeth and pauses to ease her raw throat, not to mention the exhaustion that made her limbs feel like deadweight. The touch of Mel's hand just registered as warmth crept slowly into her fingers and toes.

Her eyes closed, partly because of exhaustion and partly to enjoy being alive with her new sister.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 05:18:54 PM »

Soon a medical team had arrived on the scene laying thermal blankets over both women then proceeding to lift them gently onto gurneys. "Easy with them guys, they've been through a lot."

"We'll take care of them Chuck, Doctor Keller is on stand by. Don't worry they'll be fine." Harris, a rather lean looking young man told him.

"Thanks Danny." Chuck was grateful at least now that part was off his mind. He bent again to Julia. "We'll send a team down there Doc, hopefully maybe Doctor Zelenka can figure it out." He knew McKay would at least, but in lieu of him, Radek was just as good. "I'll wait here for the Colonel." He said at the end.

<<Julia and Melinda to medical ward>>

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 05:49:14 PM »

Cameron Mitchel

As Cam watched Mel ascend to the last part of the pier and the rope was tossed down again, he was satisfied that both girls were safe. Taking the rope, he tied it a bit around his waist to make sure he doesn't fall. He shouted up letting Chuck know he was coming up, "Rope is secured. Keep a tight leash and I'm coming up."

Securing himself, he grabbed the other rope and pulled himself up while grabbing a handhold. Taking a foot, he found a foothold and climbed up with their help at pulling him up. One by one, he was soon atop of the pier for what seemed to be a while. It was a little windy but not much. Sure he was drenched and barefoot, but he was a soldier. He was bred to endure. Once he reached to the top, he pulled himself up and readied himself for Keller to come by and check him for hypothermia because the water was so cold.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 12:50:27 AM »

For now, all the voices were a blur as Mel's coldness started to set in, just for a moment. Then she suddenly began to warm up as someone placed what must have been a thermal blanket over her; one hand slipped out from underneath, reaching out to Julia. "You know..." She said softly. "...I've always wanted a sister more than a brother. Never got either but now I think my wish has come true." Her voice trailed off as the medics took them away.

<<to med bay>>

{Random SF} NPC

"Colonel Mitchell." The man said as Cam appeared over the top. "Here wrap this around you, I'm afraid you'll have to walk though sir, Doctor Keller is waiting for the girls in the medical section." He placed a thermal blanket over Cam's shoulders, then followed the rest of the group.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 04:30:37 PM »

"Yeah, yeah..." Cameron muttered as he moved on across the pier with the towel across his back and swaddled around his body. He was cold a shivering a bit but he will be fine. He followed the group toward the medical section of Atlantis satisfied that the girls will be fine. He was concerned and wondering where Ronon was and that other missing woman.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 05:27:03 PM »

"You look like my cat after the rain sir." Chuck had to hold back from a hearty laugh, he'd never seen a Colonel looking so miserable before, yet at least they did what they had to do. "We have them Mister Woolsey, sending both ladies and Colonel Mitchell to med bay now." That would at least satisfy him, now all Chuck had to do was make sure everyone left the pier safely, it was looking like a storm brewing in the west.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 06:32:50 PM »

There wasn't much feeling in her cold fingers at the minute, the thermal blanket was helping bring in heat, however feeling Mel's hand she moved her hands to hold on, she was not planning to let go. She burbled a response, too tired for coherent words. She just wanted a good long sleep.in a nice warm bed.

<<to the med bay>>

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 04:09:17 PM »

<<Somewhere in the Lower Pier>>

Aria searched around the pier. Scuttlebut said her commander was somewhere down there. They had been running ragged across the Pegasus galaxy looking for Mike. He was nowhere to be seen. She knew Elle, but she never knew just how much obsession she had to find him. There was pain in her that she wanted to find him. Several times, Aria wanted to object but she couldn't very well get in her way. Nobody should anger an Aussie. Aria knew that because there we times she could get angry herself.

Stopping before the raised ledge, Aria placed her boot on the raised platform and looked out into the sea. It was usually calm with a cool breeze. Aria hoped it wouldn't change. That it would stay the same. It was pretty out there. Still, she was looking for Elle and couldn't find her somewhere. She even checked the north and south pier. Her commander was somewhere.

Looking to her right, Aria finally saw Elle on the balcony. With an exhale, she left her position and walked over to it approaching her.

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2017, 12:27:55 AM »

It had been almost six hours since Elle left her room. She started at six am sharp, donning her 'active wear' then heading straight for the gym. She had spent an hour there, soon after she headed outside to run, just run. That was all she wanted to do now, as if she was running from something, or most likely to something. Elle knew Mike was alive, she could feel him and she swore that if possible, if she ever caught the Wraith responsible for taking the one single thing out of her life that gave her passion, she would kill that Wraith with her own hands.

So she had been pushing herself hard. Already she was back to the weight she bore when at the peak of her fitness when she was in her mid twenties. At 38 she felt like she could run to hell and back again, just short of six foot tall and 61 kilograms, she was like a rock, a long tall rock. Yesterday she ran on the mainland, sparred with Teyla for three hours until it was Teyla who had to quite. That evening she was back in the gym sparring with one of the marines. She had to be ready.

A sound behind her alerted her sharp ears, even over the music in her head. Turning her Ipod off she saw her XO Aria. She had stopped running hours ago, so here she was simply sitting there looking down at the fish swimming around the base of the city piers. "Hey." She said, not cheerfully, just a greeting. "Looking for something Aria?" Of course she was, it was the first time Elle had stopped doing something for a month.

Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2017, 04:32:05 PM »

<<Somewhere in the Lower Pier>>

Aria nodded approaching her, "Yeah. You."

It sounded almost cheeky but Aria knew it wasn't the time so her cheekiness was cloaked. Barely. The woman hoped she wouldn't notice. She kept her professionalism as her expression was of concern for her captain. Standing within the balcony, she placed her hand on the railing overlooking the waters and inquired, "Need company, Elle?" Her stance was straight as was her long, braided ponytail.

They were friends. Friends don't let friends...hangout...alone. Aria was concerned, but she wanted to know if Elle would be alright. At this point, it wasn't time to get back to work till her captain was ready to go. No rush. She'll back her game any time, any where as long as she doesn't go to far this time and listens to her XO's counsel.

Character List

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

lethal-pageant