Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Atlantis-Exterior of the City, Balconies and Piers  (Read 3223 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis-Exterior of the City, Balconies and Piers
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2017, 01:05:16 AM »

((OOC Elle is on the pier, not the balcony))

"I might." She said looking back into the water, the very place she spent most of her teenage life, in the water, on the water then she joined the Navy and it continued. At the moment, most of the heat she had been generating everywhere had died down a little, the constant heavy work outs were starting to do what she wanted them to do; help her focus on living rather than the mood she had carried for almost a month now. She was ready to rejoin the human race, and to be sure, make a few apologies all round. "I guess I've been a bit of an arse lately haven't I?" That was the easiest thing in the world to admit.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2017, 06:14:20 PM »

<<Somewhere in the Lower Pier>>

Well, that wasn't so hard to admit, Aria thought to herself. Offering a smile, she shook her head, "Nah. You're good. I understand and would have done the same in your situation if someone was taken." She looked out at the oceans. The waters around Atlantis seemed different than Earth. They had an odd smell or scent. Back on Earth, she wouldn't have thought all water based planets wouldn't smell so different. Just the same. When she visited the first planet with water, she was wrong. The smell was off. By a few.

Aria nodded responding to her, "We should go. If you're ready, that is." Unless she wanted to promote her commander of the UNS Dreadnought, Aria would be fine with that. Either ways. She always wanted a command of her own. Someday. Not now, but later. Much, much later.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2017, 07:13:28 PM »

<South West Pier>

"You know Aria I never realized until today how much I need people like you. I think at some point we all tend to isolate ourselves when we're going through hardship. We either let it get to us, or we overcome it. For me it took a little longer, think yourself lucky I'm not my Grandmother. When Pop passed away too young, she never got over and was the angriest old woman you'd ever want to meet until the day she joined him. But you know what? We all understood where she was coming from." She pulled the earphones away from her head, folded them neatly, holding them tightly in her hand. "Come on, who do I have to apologize to first?"
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2017, 03:35:11 PM »

<<South West Pierre>>

Aria shrugged responding, "Don't know. So whats the plan?" She thought about adding boss, but maybe not the right time?

She was thinking and processing what Elle said to her about her grandmother and pop. Her family. It was a  lot to think about. Aria followed Elle out leaving the Pier. They were ready for the next mission and hopefully this next mission they will be bringing Mike back home. It has to be.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2017, 07:45:19 PM »

<South West Pier>

As always, Elle winged it as often as she could. She often found the best plans rarely worked out anyway. "Carrie Svennson first. Then Annie and anyone else I've offended lately. Have you seen her in say the last twenty minutes?" Somehow she figured the Doctor 'might' be in the cafeteria at this time of the day .

<<To Cafe>>
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2017, 12:12:03 PM »

<<South West Pier>>

Aria nodded and shrugged following her, "Yeah. I haven't seen her. She might be in the cafe though." She had her ears almost everywhere. It was nice to have friends to rely on for information. The woman walked about halfway when her stomach grumbled. The commander sighed patting her stomach and muttered, "Great. I'm hungry. Might as well eat something."

Aria knew where they were headed to. The Cafe. They might have some kind of special waiting for them, but a Mediterranean chicken salad waited for her. She just hoped they would have it this time.

<<Cafe>>
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 12:18:12 PM by DanielRyder »

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2018, 12:58:42 AM »

<<From Gate room via pilots ready room>>

With the time available Jordan knew she wasn't about to go for a grocery run. Leaving her SEAL pack behind in the ready room, she procured a helmet, coms link and the 401 flight data pack thanking the Airman as she then hurried back the way she came, asking directions twice before finding herself walking up to the Griffon. By the time she arrived AR-2 was already there. Locked out of course as she had the data plug for the side door. "Ugly thing isn't it?" She casually remarked while aiming the small data remote at the door panel, it opened with a hiss of air allowing the steps to unfold.

With her helmet tucked under her arm she took the four steps up breathing in the battle smell of the little ship. She shouldn't have bothered though collecting the headware as there was already a dozen of them sitting on the rear compartment seats. There was a rack of small arms on one bulkhead, that was pleasing with the knowledge of what they were about to do. "If you don't mind doing the driving Major, I can look after Tactical, more my thing anyway."

@DanielRyder @MeredithMcKay @Shadowlord @Bluebell722
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2018, 11:40:55 PM »

Evan eyed O'Neil, then glanced at his team.

Maxwell was standing at perfect attention, like a puppy eager to please.

"One of us can pilot, sure," he said. "Do you have a preference, or should I let the good corporal get some more flight time?"

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2018, 05:30:54 AM »

El’dari he had heard of them only vaguely but understood allies were important to them, kept enemies at bay. John watched waiting for an answer.

“Those El’dari sure look interesting.” he said ready for whatever happens next.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2018, 06:11:29 PM »

Jordan had her mouth open to reply when immediately behind Valentine she saw the two El'Dari women hot footing it towards them. Very rapidly her words left the mouth. "Erm Lorne I don't see pilots wings on his chest." Not wanting to sound sarcastic, she could see the poor guys enthusiasm though. "He can sit up front with you in the co-pilots seat. Valentine..." Jordan nodded to her shooter. "In case we need it, you can do the gun slot again and by the way, where the hell is the other two?" Her team members were MIA at the moment.

Around the time O'Neil said her piece, Sunniva and Kara arrived. "Excuse us for interrupting Commander, Major. We need a small favor although we're aware you're in a hurry to leave. We have just missed the young Doctors leaving for the Mainland in one of your 'Jumpers' and if you could would it be possible for you to drop us off on your way out?"

Jordan thought about it for a minute. "Lorne, I guess we could do that don't you think. We certainly wouldn't have to land." They had beaming, that was good enough.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2018, 07:39:53 PM »

Evan glanced back at Maxwell, whose eyes had gone wide at O'Neil's comment about his lack of pilot wings. Yep, just like kicking a puppy. He'd have to give the kid some flight time in first seat when there wasn't a crisis, should such a time ever exist in the Pegasus Galaxy.

Then he nodded at the two El'Dari who'd arrived. "We can beam you down to the mainland, if that's acceptable." To Maxwell he said, "Be my copilot."

Maxwell looked like a kicked puppy for an instant before he nodded and said, "Yes, sir."

Evan gestured for Maxwell to precede him aboard the ship, then waited for a response from the El'Dari.

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2018, 06:41:27 AM »

Another ride in the ship sounded fun, though having a couple aliens in seemed like an odd combination. He did like the sound of taking the gun position again.

“You El’dari been in one of our ships before, you have your own ships?” he figured being nice was the right thing to do.

“What are you both doing here anyway?” He asked curious why the El’dari were here.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2018, 07:08:25 PM »

Kára followed her leader a bit along the interior of the city toward the exterior via the elevator without much of a backward glance. Being new here, she felt uncomfortable among the humans. Even being stared at was causing her to become slightly agitated. Upon arriving to the piers to meet the teams, Kára managed a few breathing to keep her emotions under control. Last thing she needed was an intergalactic incident with another ally race.

Turning her face away, she noted the outside of the base and exclaimed softly. It was massive and breathtaking as well as not cold anymore. She was growing warm under her heavy coat. Her mistress spoke causing her to focus on the shuttle before them. She could feel the staring again and someone asking a direct question out of turn. It wasn't the right place to ask this question before a commanding officer.

Not wanting to respond, Kára kept her silence and breathing minimal to avoid speaking out of turn. The human's tone was all sort of wrong to her. It was making her upset. She was a warrior. Warriors pride themselves as being formal. Mostly.

Jon was late again as he approached Jordan's side. He spoke letting her know of his position, "I'm here, commander. Want me to, umm, pilot something?" He wondered while eyeing the shuttle on the pier.

He also noted one of the El'Dari being uncomfortable. He couldn't blame her. They were the aliens here or rather, the humans were the aliens to the El'dari. The team XO wanted to tell Valentine to be quiet, but he felt it wasn't his place to do that. He was just simply asking a curious question. No harm done as he casually shrugged.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 07:14:47 PM by DanielRyder »

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2018, 08:34:03 PM »

The young human's curiosity appeared to have gotten the better of him, Sunniva for one didn't find that too out of the ordinary nor strange. Nothing more than a slight distraction. "We have in answer to both your questions Corporal." She did note his rank. "As to why we are here, our mission is twofold. On the one hand we came to secure out alliance with your people, on the other hand your Athosian friends need our assistance on the mainland for a problem they have encountered. Does my answer satisfy you?" She was smiling, much like a cat before consuming its prey.

Looking over the young man's head, Sunniva lowered her chin slightly in thanks to Lorne. "We are grateful, we do seem to have come unprepared. Thank you Major." She remembered not too long ago when he visited her world, he was like an awe struck teenager then, in this light though she could see the veteran warrior in him.

Jordan was becoming impatient, at least Jon had showed up. It was passed time for them to leave and as fate would have it, she saw Guilia running to them. "You'll have to sit in back this time Lieutenant, the cockpit is already taken up now." With the rear ramp door down, Guilia ducked in quickly to find a seat, Jordan nodded her presence then spoke to everyone at once. "Take your places, we leave in one minute." With that she herself climbed up into the cockpit, fitting her helmet on at the same time, then taking the TO's seat behind the co-pilot. A good thing if Lorne needed her input for the exit, from there she could see everything.

Sunniva took the cue, gaining a seat on the benches in the rear section, she strapped the seat belt on while looking around her. The design was rudimentary in her eyes, but more than functional for its purpose.
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2018, 11:27:18 PM »

Evan pressed his lips into a thin line at Valentine's comments but said nothing; let his own CO deal with him.

To Agathon he said, "Maybe you can take the stick on the backswing."

Once everyone else was aboard, Evan climbed in, headed for the cockpit, slid into the pilot's seat and buckled himself in.

Maxwell, bless his overeager little heart, had started the preflight checks, informed Evan of where he was in the process.

Evan told him to continue, corrected him gently when he missed a step, and then he fired up the engines.

He checked in with the control tower.

"Atlantis, this is Griffin. Are we cleared for takeoff?"

Then he checked in with his passengers. "Is everyone strapped in?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

lethal-pageant