Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Atlantis-Exterior of the City, Balconies and Piers  (Read 2935 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 228
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis-Exterior of the City, Balconies and Piers
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2018, 09:54:07 PM »

She knew she was running late, hence her sprinting for the ship once she was on the pier. No one saw her, at least from within the 401 as it was turned outwards with the rear door closing as she drew near. Luckily the side door was still open, Teyla's boots barely touched the steps as she more or less flew in. The door hissed closed just as she found her way in. Strapping herself in quickly with a reddened embarrassed face, she called ahead to Lorne hearing his words. "We are now Major."

*Radio*

"Griffin this is Atlantis tower, you are clear. Vector over the mainland on your way out. Your hyper jump coordinates for the Dreadnought have been logged in your drive computer, good luck."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2018, 09:52:23 AM »

Evan glanced back, made sure Teyla was buckled in, made sure the rear hatch was secure, checked the coordinates.

"Thanks, Tower. Griffin is a go for takeoff."

Then to the rest of the ship, he said, "Please make sure your seats and tray tables are in the upright and locked position. Sit back and enjoy the flight. Today's weather at your destination will be fair to middling, with a dash of intergalactic emergency. We'll have a brief layover at the Mainland before we begin our in-flight entertainment."

"In-flight entertainment?" Maxwell asked.

Evan glanced at him as the ship started to rise. "You can sing, right?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2018, 11:05:45 PM »

The taking off part was easy, relatively. With the 401 at low altitude while in the vertical vectoring mode you had to be careful of the downward thrust. The ship's own turbulence had caused many a first timer to come unstuck, with two fatalities already marked up to her early prototype flights. Hence the moniker the 401 had been saddled with in those initial flights as the 'Widow Maker'. Lorne's little airline spiel gave Jordan a decent reason to undo her typical frown, her mouth curving into a half smile. She half wondered given the long flights the 401 was capable of, if in flight entertainment wasn't a bad idea. "Lorne, when we get back, remind me to send a memo back to the SGC to see if we can do something about that."

As luck would have it, Lorne was an excellent pilot having no trouble at all getting the Griffon up. With a quick swing around the city, they headed directly for the mainland. At about 3,000 feet directly above the Athosian village. "Ready Sunniva, Kara?" She called back to the rear compartment.

Sunniva leaned forward to look directly towards the cockpit, she gave Kara a nudge with her elbow, unfastening her belt as she did so. "We're ready." She swallowed hard, for although her race were masters of all kinds of technology, which of course included beaming. She was just a little apprehensive of the skill applied to this small ship. She had nothing to worry about though as Jordan locked onto the two of them.

"In three, two, one." She activated the beaming node, sending the two El'Dari down to the village below in the Asgard beam.

After they were gone she spoke to Lorne again. "It'll take five seconds to spool up the hyper drive, lock in the coordinates now please Major."

<<To Dreadnought>>

@DanielRyder @MeredithMcKay @Shadowlord @Bluebell722
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:08:34 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2018, 08:16:28 PM »

Kára followed Sunniva and took her place beside her in a guard position near the exit of the 401. Moments later they reached the coordinates for the beam down. Her leader nudged her causing her to follow suit as they took position. She waited as the beaming took them away from the 401 and to their destination.

Jon nodded at Lorne's comment about him taking the stick on the way back. He'd like that as he took his seat across from the El Dari. Watching them vanish in a beam of light, Jon wondered if he would ever see the El Dari again. Seeing as not many were nearby, it might be awhile before he would see one. It was rare.

The 401 continued on its journey toward the Dreadnought.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2018, 02:15:02 AM »

Riding in a ship was always fun, unless you felt your life was in danger, which it usually was.
John was satisfied with the answer the tall aliens gave him but he could tell they weren’t entirely fond of him either, perhaps he came off too strong?

<To Dreadnought>

« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 02:24:40 AM by Shadowlord »

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2018, 08:50:56 PM »

Kara, El'Dari Warrior

Kara led the way onto the balcony to speak with the commander. It was a cool breeze outside of the building. She had been inside the base for some time that even fresh air was most satisfying for her. Her long, braided side cut hair was let loose over her shoulder as the breeze brushed it aside. Placing her fingers through her hair, she moved it across her left shoulder and approached the railing.

Placing her hand on the railing, she spoke assuming that Woolsely was behind her, "It is pretty outside. It's nice to be out."

@Ellen_Ripley
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2018, 09:11:31 PM »

Richard had to speak to several other base staff along the way so he let Kara go on ahead of him. Soon free of the last interruption which was a request for some kind of timeline for the Hermes arrival Richard had to tell them he had no idea and they probably would know before he did.

He took in a deep breath as his feet touched the balcony, the smell of the sea was always an intoxication to him, one he could savor for the rest of his life. "Sunniva has told me she's left you here as the El'Dari Ambassador is that correct?" He asked as he leaned his arms on the railing. "From what I know of you, you're more of the warrior type so I need to ask has your training included diplomatic aims; I'm sure that must have been on her mind when she made the appointment."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2018, 10:12:05 PM »

Kara, El'Dari warrior

Kara gazed into Woolsey's eyes and offered her slight smile. With a slight shrug, she nodded responding, "Diplomacy comes in many forms, but you are right. I am first and foremost a warrior. However, I do have some training in diplomacy. I will do my best to represent El'Dari interests."

Turning her head to face the buildings and the waters below, she exhaled taking in the cool breeze.

@Ellen_Ripley

Character List

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2018, 06:50:58 PM »

A good start Richard thought to himself. "Very well then Kara, I'll set the wheels in motion to find accommodations for you, after that I will have to look into finding a suitable candidate for a reciprocal arrangement from our side to be sent to your world. Are there any special needs you require as far as food goes? I am sure we can cater to almost any nutritional needs, as we have had people spend time with us from all corners of the Galaxy." He quite frankly had no idea what the El'Dari diet was, not having the opportunity to have dined with them. 

@DanielRyder

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2018, 11:07:19 PM »

Kara, El Dari warrior

Kara listened to him and nodded, "That would be feasible. Thank you. I am sure your mess hall will have what I need." She responded. Remembering back when she explored the base, she noted a mess hall. While she was here, she would try a few human food.  While she was here, Kara started to think where she would stay. A room with a view would be nice. Maybe a small pond where she could dip her toes into. Then, as her warrior drive kicked in, her luxury needs were gone. She only needed a few simple things. Nothing fancy.

Kara inquired, "Is there someone I should go to who will show me where my room is? I need to rest for a bit to gather my thoughts."

@Ellen_Ripley

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2018, 08:20:24 PM »

Time Jump now in effect September 26th 2011, 0730 am

Please read this post
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]