Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Atlantis-Exterior of the City, Balconies and Piers  (Read 9761 times)

Sio83

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Sio83 A new starter.
Re: Atlantis-Exterior of the City, Balconies and Piers
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2021, 11:02:39 AM »

Sin stepped out to stand just behind his superior. 

He already did not like this meeting.  Hives were warm and humid.  And clean.  It was freezing and snow was everywhere.

He tried not to show his curiosity over the phenomenon.  He had never seen snow before.  He had barely heard of it, although he had known the science behind it long before it had ever been mentioned to him.

It looked... more 'otherworldly' than he wanted to admit.  He couldn't help but see it as a pile of tiny, tiny frozen water droplets surrounding dust created by these humans, but at the same time, it was a strange and glittering shape all on its own.

He turned to the two humans, as they no doubt wanted to waste time standing in the frigid air and asking his superior trivialities. He wondered if he should bother remembering anything about them or if they merely wished to speak to his superior while pretending he was offensive furniture like the last ones.

If they had shown a different demeanor he would have been interested in sharing information and shown them an expansive and exhaustive map of the galaxy--as much as he could gather without trespassing into territories claimed by other hives. 

The only thing he was interested in now was returning to his hive.  His very warm and comfortable hive.

@Draco_Stellaris @Mim

Draco-Stellaris

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Draco-Stellaris A new starter.
  • Chevron 7 encoded
    • Draco-Stellaris.de
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2021, 01:53:20 AM »

Bonewhite had been expecting the cold, had seen the atmospheric sensor readings when they approached the city. Yet he did not expect the penetrating chill of it; he hesitated for an instant when the shuttle's doors opened. The wind was biting his skin and his pupils narrowed to thin slits from the white glow of the snow. It was painful to his eyes that were best adjusted to the soft light of a hiveship.

It reminded him of how much he did not want to be here. He could imagine that Sin wasn't enthusiastic either. Two humans clad in thick protective garments were coming towards him and Sin. He recognised Captain O'Niel; the other he did not know. As was common Wraith sense, he considered the female to be in charge until proven otherwise.

He stepped forward through the icy wind that was pulling his long hair in all directions; a very unpleasant and undignified situation. He hoped they would be allowed indoors as soon as possible. He raised his voice to make sure he could be heard over the wind, and thought once more how much more practical telepathy was. "Captain O'Niel. It is expected to express niceties when meeting, I believe. If not for the dire circumstances I would say, it is good to see you again." It was the best he could manage. Guide was always so much better at communicating with humans. Knowing he was in the weaker position, he tried to be sociable and gave a nod of greeting to the human man. "I do not believe we have met before."

@Mim @Thaddeus

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 345
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2021, 05:26:45 AM »

Jordan did 'not' want to be out here any longer than necessary. She made very a very quick introduction while trying not to have her teeth chattering. "Kenny, this is Captain Mike Baker, CO of AR-5. Oh and before it becomes too confusing, we are from different services back on our home world, our ranks though carrying the same title, have a different level on the hierarchy if you know what I mean." Her head turned slightly to her left. "Mike this is Kenny and Sin I believe. Is that correct?" The brown intense eyes then swivelled back to the shuttle to meet those of the Cleverman.

"We can finish this inside. If we stay out here too long we'll be frozen solid quite soon." She wasn't joking either. The city already had lost one member to the freeze earlier in the week.

@Thaddeus

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Thaddeus

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thaddeus might someday be a gardener.Thaddeus might someday be a gardener.Thaddeus might someday be a gardener.Thaddeus might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2021, 07:26:17 AM »

Mike chuckled listening to what Jordan had to say about the Wraith, watching as his breath came out in dense clouds.

"Would be about time to stick on a wet." He was cold and no doubt the O'Niel was feeling much the same as they waited for the shuttle to open the doors.

Whilst he had met Wraith before back on Vanir, Mike never had taken too much notice whilst they were quickly escaping an escalated situation. Rhaise and the others had been strong warriors, and certainly their sacrifices had not been forgotten. If these were anything like the Wraith he met prior, then he saw there were no problems.

Mike remained quiet as the Wraith spoke, only nodding his head once the other had decided to acknowledge him and Jordan went about making the introductions, running through the fact that they had different rank systems. Must have been something to wrap their heads around.

"Good to meet you both." He should have gen'd up on the situation, but having only recently arrived back from leave, Mike was going to take Jordan's lead. If she hadn't shaken their hands yet, he would hold fire until proper introductions were necessary. "Yeah, let's move in."

Mike began for the doors, watching as they slid open and the SF moving aside to let the party of four in.

@Mim @Sio83 @Draco-Stellaris

Sio83

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Sio83 A new starter.
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2021, 09:31:14 AM »

Sin had focused on the snow, finding it more fascinating than the humans and a distraction from the cold and the wind until he had a chance to find respite from both.

The latter, however, refused to be ignored before them, whipping his large mass of curls everywhere, creating tanglings and mats within seconds and blinding his good eye.

Snarling loudly, he grabbed what he could gather of his hair and pulled it back, exposing his entire face.

His scar was no mere patch of flesh over something missing.  It was a jagged streak, resembling black lightning streaking down his face, untamed and raw destruction in contrast to a delicately inked tattoo on the other side.

He was used to new brothers who only knew him from rumor to be shocked at first by the extent of the damage, though they stopped caring within seconds and never once bothered his work over it.  He hoped the humans would treat him the same.  He didn't care if they were disgusted or feared him more than they already did.  After all, what did he care about the opinions of a species that waited until they were freezing to decide how to greet someone?

@Draco-Stellaris Stelaris @Mim @Thaddeus
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 05:42:05 AM by Sio83 »

Draco-Stellaris

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Draco-Stellaris A new starter.
  • Chevron 7 encoded
    • Draco-Stellaris.de
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2021, 02:06:48 AM »

Bonewhite could understand Sin's discomfort; the wind was highly annoying. Yet he hoped that the humans would not misinterpret Sin's snarl. They tended to be very ... touchy when confronted with certain traits of Wraith behaviour. ~Careful, Sin. We do not want them to get a misleading impression. They will not be shocked by your appearance, I believe, but snarling is not a wise action.~ He did not like to rebuke his trusted crew member but appearing non-threatening was of utmost importance. The peace treaty was still young and Guide had made it crystal-clear that it was to be observed at all cost.

"I do extend my thanks to you for your hospitality", he said loudly to smooth over the situation. "As you can see, our hairstyle is not practical for these climatic conditions. Shall we?" With that, he followed Captain Baker, not wanting to spend any more time freezing his behind off.

He still wondered about that, though. Two Captains, yet there was a difference in their rank. That's humans for you, he mused. It must be complicated to establish a hierarchy without the aid of transmitting information at a though's speed, telepathically, if their ranks sound the same. There was time to wonder about that later, now there were more pressing matters to solve.

@Mim @Sio83 @Thaddeus

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2021, 02:58:38 PM »

"Remind me next time Mike." The quip was in reflection of just another one of those endless things she had to remember to do. Having the right gear at hand for the right occasion was yet again added to an ever growing list. Jordan confessed to herself for the umpteenth time, she was getting on a bit. "And some thermals to go with that." Despite the warm parka, her butt was utterly freezing; still it was still better than the opposite. Kabul at midday in summer can be around 120 degrees.

The actions of the younger Wraith didn't go unnoticed. She figured he must be feeling both uncomfortable and out of place. She for one wasn't about to make him feel anymore so, in fact she determined in her mind to make him feel as comfortable as can be. As dodgy as it was, the treaty they had with the Wraith was important, probably more so than anyone on either side cared to admit. "To be honest, in all fairness Kenny we blundered somewhat when we received your call. It should have been relayed to you the weather conditions you'd be expecting to find on your arrival. I'll have to make amends for that." As she spoke, Jordan did her best to look Sin in the eye as well; giving him a reassuring nod. "Hopefully our hospitality includes warmth. It is a balmy 74 degrees inside." She wasn't sure what scale the Wraith used and Jordan herself wasn't as familiar with the standard Celsius numbers, so she simply went with what she knew.

<<To Gate Room>>

@Thaddeus
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:38:23 PM by Mim »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2021, 05:25:19 AM »

One of the things Abi was trained in, being specifically hand picked as head of Atlantis's security, was observation. Not to mention listening to her radio. She saw poor Radek heading for a transporter earlier, downwards she assumed. The alarm bells rang louder when one of her SF's called to say the good doctor headed outside on the North Pier with just his normal attire covering him, and Rodney was already there. She wasn't sure if it was geeks resilience or just plain absent mindedness, but she knew they'd freeze quite soon if she didn't catch them. Grabbing a heavy parka for each of them, after pulling one on for herself, she ran to both of them, managing to arrive just as they was about to open the lower door. "Doctor Zelenka, Rodney!" She called loudly. "I think you'll both need these." Abi held up the garments for each to see.

@Teddy
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 12:17:51 PM by Mim »

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2021, 09:07:27 PM »

Zelenka and McKay turned to look at  the Sergeant, Mckay chewing on a sandwich, and dropping the occasional bit of salad on the floor
McKay turned to look at Zelenka as he saw the parkas that Sergeant Lawson held out to them

McKay

Why didn't you think of that?"

Zelenka

"Do I have to think of everything?, all you have contributed to this is a sandwich, thank you Sergeant for your kind thoughts"

He took the coats from her and threw one at McKay, as he went to catch it he lost the rest of the filling from his sandwich and most of his coffee, Zelenka hid a smile, as he placed his  coffee on the floor and put on his coat

McKay

"Oh very funny, it's all over the floor, what a waste"

He tutted as he to placed his coffee on the floor and put on the coat

Zelenka

"I am unsure that the contamination suits will get over these coats, but we shall see"

As he finished talking to  anyone who was listening two junior scientists appeared with a trolly full of gear, one of then slipped slightly  on a rogue piece of lettuce and swore quietly and looked daggers at McKay

McKay

"Hey, don't blame me"

Meanwhile Zelenka looked at the equipment checking to see it was all there

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2021, 05:44:58 AM »

"Suits? I don't think you'll need them." She thought a moment, as a shiver set in despite the heavy parka. "Then again you might, but not for what you think." Another brief pause as Abi looked towards the Wraith transport ship. "So, what are you both doing out here anyway? I could think of a thousand other places I'd rather be; but since I'm here, I'll stick around to see that you're both safe."

@Teddy

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal