Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Daniel and Vala or Cam and Vala  (Read 830 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 206
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Daniel and Vala or Cam and Vala
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 11:47:00 PM »

I often wondered what must have been going through Ben and Claudia's heads in SG1? They had I think almost five years of production together (4 seasons plus the Peacekeeper wars) and the obvious love their respective characters had on that show. I know Claudia personally having met her several times and I wonder how she managed to keep a straight face. But then she is a fantastic actress so that helps.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 11:55:34 PM »

I really really REALLY disagree with the argument for Cam and Vala riding solely on their characters from Farscape. That's a really flawed argument in my book. REALLY flawed.

Honestly, I could never see that developing between Cam and Vala, it was more like they were siblings than ever going to fall for one another. Unending showed what should have been between Daniel and Vala.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Teddy hides in shadows.
  • The DEATH of DiscWorld
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2018, 02:15:29 PM »

Daniel and Vala all the way, I agree with Cipher, Cam was more brother like than anything, also, I would have liked to have seen more of her with Baal as Qetesh

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 206
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2018, 06:03:04 PM »

Nooooooooooooooooooo you're killing my girlhood dreams    :^ :lol :look
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 70
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2018, 10:00:09 PM »

Sorry kiddo that's the way it goes. I would though like to add my little tidbit, I never liked the Daniel/Vala story to begin with. My preference would have been for her at least to go oddball like she was in herself, why not someone like Siler?

MissCobra1018

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • MissCobra1018 A new starter.
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 08:29:43 AM »

As never having seen Farscape (wish I had now, looking back) I can't say anything about Aeryn and John, but I too was never a big fan of Daniel and Vala. In Unending where they get together, I felt that was forced and they only did it because there was no one else...I just would never think Daniel could learn to trust her, emotionally. I kindof like Teal'c and Vala, based on personality and premise, but I think the show nixed that with how they made Teal'c react to her most of the time. I like their pairing because opposites attract, and whatnot. Teal'c was the calm serious foundation that Vala needed, and Teal'c would appreciate the energy and passion of Vala, but they never really hinted at any of that in the show.
"There is really only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 11:29:01 AM »

I don't think in the end, Teal'c would ever trust Vala on that emotional level. I think while they are friends, it would never pass beyond that just because he's Jaffa, she used to be a Goa'uld, and with the way she gets sometimes, she does tend to exhibit the same traits that can be found in a Goa'uld but in her bouts of being a thief and scoundrel. Besides, by this point, Teal'c was with Ishta.

I get the relationship between Daniel and Vala though. Honestly, Vala is the foil to Daniel's need for everything to make sense in life. He's always searching for the meaning behind things, it's his job. Vala really could care less what the meaning is, just do it and to hell with the consequences. Yeah, she's always toying with him, but she also wanted his acceptance by giving up what she thought was important and trying to become part of his world. And in a way, he needed her chaos in his life. In his own words, Daniel has struggled for years to get past Sha're's death, and I doubt that what the Ancients did to him made his life any easier. He's always willing to help others, but sometimes forgets that he needs to make room for himself in his world, and I think that's something Vala keeps trying to remind him to do.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 70
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2018, 08:45:04 PM »

The visualization of Teal'c and Vala is trying to form in my mind slowly. Very slowly.  >(
Pages: 1 [2]