Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39

Author Topic: Level 27 - Briefing Room  (Read 23411 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: Level 27 - Briefing Room
« Reply #525 on: July 09, 2018, 06:55:38 PM »

While the man was speaking Al gave him his fullest attention, at the same time he had the satellite images on display in front of him using one of the laptops available. He gave Ferretti a nod bidding him good luck then refocused on the job at hand. "Fairly straight forward Admiral, we've done Tier One prior to this so its not a new game for SG-9. From the look of these images it gives the appearance that they're trying their best to make the area in the slums look less important and that tells me the opposite is the case. We may well need those additional assets as you can easily see the spread of what they have is a little too large for a four man, sorry Heckman, three man one woman team." He took his eyes off the screen for a moment. "We have been briefed on you sir and I can only say thank you to the Pentagon for sending you our way. The only question I need to ask is if this goes against us too quickly do we have permission to use one of our 304's for an escape clause?" He was envisioning possibly a hundred things going wrong at any point.

@Bluebell722 @Mim
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 07:22:11 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #526 on: July 09, 2018, 08:24:00 PM »

Bryan nodded as Bonnie sidled up next to them.  "Very true.  Everyone figures it out with time though. "  from what they has been told about the Admiral he had no doubt Mcraven would sort it out quickly.

His eyes widened slightly as he listened.  Oh that sounded bad.  What was Ba'al up to now and just what would they would they be walking into? At least it sounded like they had backup if everything went south which he had a bad feeling would.  "When do we leave?" He asked, wondering how much time they had to prepare.

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #527 on: July 10, 2018, 07:32:43 PM »

Jon opened his mouth to point out that he had a Master Parachutist qualification, then closed his mouth so fast his teeth clicked. McRaven knew that, and maybe even Reynolds knew that. Ferretti would have known that - if he'd know who Jon was. But Jon's teammates didn't know that, and even if they did know and he'd somehow managed to get that qualification grandfathered in on his current SRB, it wouldn't matter if none of his teammates had the necessary parachute training to make that kind of jump.

South America wasn't new to him, though, and he had serviceable Spanish in case of an emergency.

He considered how to proceed.

"I have no questions about the mission plan right now, sir," he said to McRaven. He cleared his throat. "But if I may, sir, I would like to discuss a matter with you that might be a bit delicate." This he directed at Reynolds.

If they were heading into unknown territory with unknown enemy forces who were plenty armed, he wanted every advantage possible. Reynolds's suggestion about a 304 was a good one. Jon also wanted to see about carrying a kara kesh and a Goa'uld healing device in addition to his usual weapons, just to be on the safe side.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #528 on: July 10, 2018, 09:41:53 PM »

"Columbia!" Bonnie had been there, many many years ago as a kid, she had family down that way but not family she ever wanted to meet again. She nudged Bryan, he knew.

The place was one giant slum from end to end, so it figured in her mind as typical of a place Ba'al would choose to stash things. "I have a question if I may sir. Do we have any idea what the Goa'uld would be hiding down there? We know that when he was discovered the last time on Earth he was using legit companies as a cover for his operations, doing everything he could to infiltrate large corporations here." She glanced at the sat maps, the buildings were huge. "Is there any remote danger that there might well be something to make a bigger boom than expected if we do raze the place?" Bonnie looked over at Jon, now why would he want to have a private one on one with the Admiral? For that matter it was something she also had been instructed to do at some point, with both of them.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #529 on: July 10, 2018, 11:21:34 PM »

And then Jon was struck with a thought.

"Sirs, what do we know about locals in the area? They'd be the kind who are poverty-stricken, know to stay out of the way of the obvious guys with guns. Don't want to rack up collateral damage by way of innocent civilian lives."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #530 on: July 11, 2018, 12:30:19 AM »

"The beam-out option is on the table, but don't rely on it. Ba'al has demonstrated in the past an ability to jam our beaming tech, which is why I put together your loud exfil with SOCOM. Ideally, you'd do some snooping, do some damage, and then take the RHIB back out where we can beam you out in the middle of the ocean. But nothing is ideal in this world." Ian explained.

"I'm not saying to literally burn the sites down. And that's up to you to determine if that's even viable. We don't know what's in either site specifically, because as I said, I drew all of our intel from USSOUTHCOM and the CIA. It'd not only blow our cover if I sent them in, it'd defeat the purpose of sending you. Which is also why I cannot authorize deploying the Green Berets to breach and clear either site. If you can only hit one, then hit one. I did say that only tackle both if you think you can." Ian continued, "I pulled a lot here but that doesn't guarantee we know everything going in. It just maximizes your odds, since in previous operations, unless you were in the United States, you had 0 support from Uncle Sam. You should know better; we don't always have 100% intel. If we knew what was in these sites, I wouldn't be sending you."

"As for civilians, that's kind of a mixed situation. The guards obviously are intimidating enough to keep the locals out of their hair, but if you go hot and end up having to shoot it out all the way to either the Nightstalker's LZ or all the way to the nearest river or to the coast for the "swicks" to pick you up, obviously that's a factor you need to consider on the ground. You're going to need to determine the best course of action based on the situation."

"One other thing; this is black bag. Better you forgo fatigues altogether, go what Tier One shooters do in some cases; civilian attire with tactical gear over it. If you have anything you need from the armory, load it up in bags, you'll gear up fully in Puerto Rico. It'll fit the role of being OGA if SFG has to pull you out of the fire." Ian added.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #531 on: July 11, 2018, 09:08:39 PM »

Out of habit Al took notes, notes to be memorized then left behind in his room or shredded. Soon his little pad was over four pages long with his messy scribble that perhaps few could decipher in any case. He took each comment and question as it was given, weighing the answers with his usual professional approach. After it was all said and done there was little he had to add; the numbers made sense, so hopefully this 'should' be a fairly by the book mission. The last thing as he always did was to look at his watch before standing. "Very well then Admiral I believe we have everything in hand we'll be needing. SG-9, we'll take our standard inventory to start with, as the Admiral said we can add additional gear when we arrive in site or borrow, whatever is convenient. Dress of the day, as rugged as you can make without looking like one of Pancho Gonzales' cutthroats. We'll meet in the car park in twenty minutes. Anything else Sir?"

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #532 on: July 12, 2018, 12:06:33 PM »

"We're trying to minimize the involvement of local authorities. They know we're running an op in the broad strokes, but I don't want to run the risk that Ba'al or whoever is playing his role has contacts in the Colombian government that'll tip them off. We also don't want to find out that whoever is running the show has bought themselves soldiers or cops. So don't expect their support. If they try to apprehend you, get clear so we can try to beam you out, and if that fails, we'll have to eat the political fallout and either send the Green Berets in after you or go through diplomatic back channels." Ian said, "Past that, study the mission details you have on the flight over, and good luck."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #533 on: July 12, 2018, 07:00:43 PM »

Bryan reached over and squeezed Bonnie's hand.  He knew what has her worried.  But right now they couldn't do anything.  He would do his best to protect her though.   Bryan listened quietly to what was expected of them,  this was a mission that it was very possible some of them might not come back from.  He sighed softly.  Well, he wasn't backing out.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #534 on: July 13, 2018, 01:32:46 AM »

"Pancho who?" Bonnie looked to Bryan and Jon, they were most likely as confused by the reference as she was. Nevertheless she returned Bryan's squeeze to let him know she was okay with it all. "Thank you Admiral, we'll make sure the team won't let you down sir. Colonel Reynolds, we'll be there ready and waiting, I've got just the thing to wear. " And no it wouldn't be the dress she had on at the Longhorn either.

<<All to Carpark via rooms and Armory>>
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #535 on: July 13, 2018, 04:53:46 PM »

Albert closed the laptop after switching it off, pushed away from the table to stand slowly. It came down to this, hopefully if they pulled it off the world wouldn't ever have to worry about Ba'al again, not here. "We'll keep in touch Admiral and if all goes well we may even get something positive out of this be it physical or at least some decent intel on the guy. I for one would dearly love to be done with him permanently." He gathered his notes then left smartly.

<Car Park via Armoury>

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #536 on: July 14, 2018, 09:54:35 PM »

Jon scrambled after Reynolds, kept his voice low.

"Sir, is there any chance I could get a kara'kesh, if not one of those healing devices? Because those would be really, really handy, give us a huge tactical advantage."

<Car Park via Armory>

@Ellen_Ripley

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #537 on: July 15, 2018, 05:47:33 PM »

In that one second before Al got too far out of hearing range he stop near the passageway. "If you think it'll help by all means. I'm thinking Zats right now so at least we're on the same page." Then he was gone.

@Bluebell722

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #538 on: July 15, 2018, 06:47:22 PM »

"Thank you, sir," Jon called after him, then hoofed it to the armory.

>>Carpark via Armory>>

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #539 on: July 17, 2018, 12:25:01 PM »

"Colonel, I'd advise you consider where you are going as opposed to what you normally would bring when considering your loadouts, particularly when it comes to alien tech." Ian called after them in warning. He wasn't going to micromanage them, if Reynolds couldn't do a proper risk/reward evaluation, then he wouldn't have made it this far as a team leader. But it did mean that the more alien tech they loaded up with, the more they'd have to hide from not only the Colombians but also from the various American assets that Ian roped into the mission. And God help them if they got captured...

In the meantime, Ian put his folder back together, stood up and headed into his office.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39

lethal-pageant