Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Southern Regions  (Read 4064 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 226
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Southern Regions
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2015, 08:09:22 PM »

It was bitterly cold, well below zero with a westerly wind blowing light snow across the mountain top. The girls could go no further as they sheltered in a small cave or more correctly an overhang in the rock face that was at least deep enough to give them some protection. The last thing though they needed right now was to fall asleep, yet that is exactly what they did, huddled together for warmth with Bobby being the smallest in the middle. They had packed everything around them they could, packs, extra clothing etc, just to provide a little more.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2015, 08:49:08 AM »

Kim woke up shivering.  She hadn't realized it was possible to be this cold.  Sure, she had been on Zulu and there had been times it had gotten chilly, but nothing like this.  She gently nudged Bobbie's and Adriana's shoulders. "Time to wake up," she whispered, her voice sounding hoarse.  She felt a bit sick and prayed that they would find that farm that Bobbie had mentioned the night before.  Actually she would just be happy to see people.  They needed help.  One more day like the previous day and she didn't know if they would survive it or not.  They were ill prepared for this type of adventure.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2015, 11:34:16 PM »

Somewhere in Bobbie's dreams she was on a beach back home with that cute guy from the panel shop, the one who fixed her little Datsun so many times. It wasn't that Bobbie was a bad driver, she just apparently was one of those people plagued with bad luck, having been either rear ended multiple times or side swiped once or twice. He was incredibly nice, not only to look at, his manners were impeccable to with a nice sense of humor, he was the the type of man many women dreamed of and that was exactly what she was doing when she felt someone shaking her. "What?" She said wearily, Bobbie was freezing to the bone, she'd never felt so cold. Nudging Adriana brought no response either no matter how hard she tried, then panic set in. "Kim, Adriana is unconscious...and I....I'm barely awake to. We need heat badly, we need to make a fire if we can." There was no way they could even think of moving right now.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2015, 01:55:17 PM »

Kim sat back on her heels, shivering badly.  She normally like the cold, but this was insane.  "Oh no," she groaned, getting to her feet.  "I'll see if I can get some wood.'  She staggered to unsteady feet, wrapping her arms around her waist to warm up.  "Stay with Adriana.  I'll be back."  She staggered toward the woods to find some dry branches.  They didn't have much time.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2015, 10:59:25 PM »

Watching her best friend drag herself out into the snow and wind was agonising for Bobbie, she wished she could do more to help but as it was, she felt barely alive herself; her breathing was hard and heavy, as if there wasn't enough air to be had and what she did breathe in and out hurt. She tried once again to wake Adriana without success and soon slumped back into a cold induced sleep herself.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2015, 08:48:54 AM »

Kim was shivering badly as she stepped into the snow.  She couldn't keep going like this.  Her body was failing on her, but she had to get back to her friends.  Kim dug in the snow drift, finally managing to find a few branches.  She tugged and pulled with all her might, soon loosing her balance and tumbling back into the snow.  She groaned softly as she picked herself back up, now completely covered in snow.  The young woman shivered and collapsed again, her energy spent. "Just a few seconds to catch my breath," she mumbled before slowly giving into the sleep that kept tugging at her.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2015, 12:33:19 AM »

If it were the first time or the millionth time, it never ceased to give you a buzz in the 401, as not only was it a dream to fly both in combat or just tooling around, the take off and atmo re-entry was simply astounding. (Cate refused to use the word amazing in this context, she'd feel like a seventeen year old if she did)

"You guys okay?" She shouted over her coms, the noise from the air flow outside threatened to explode your ears, even with all the protection you had. Taking off from the Dread was exciting as you launched at over seven G's, with all your internals pushed back into the seat. Coming into a planet was even more so as the exterior of the ship came in like a burning comet and if it weren't for the shields, that is exactly what they would be.

Finally she was able to settle the bird into a smooth flight over the frozen alps of the south, now they needed to find the girls. "Cass, get on that spectrometer, see if you can pick up that titanium trace again, Lieutenant, jump into the co-pilots seat, you can do a thermal sweep from there."
Far Dareis Mai

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2015, 12:17:20 AM »

William gave a thumbs up, even if Cate couldn't see it.
"Yes ma'am. I've been jumping out of airplanes for most of my career, the adrenaline rush never gets old. For much of my career I've also been on standby during shuttle launches should they need to bail out. I've often wondered what that must feel like, now I have a good approximation."

Once things settled down, William slid over to the co-pilots seat to try using the thermal sensor. He was unfamiliar with the controls, but after some trial and error figured it out.
"Do you know about where the titanium trace was located? Might be a good place to start the thermal sweeps?"

Nerdlover

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nerdlover A new starter.
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2015, 12:22:56 AM »

Cass definitely enjoyed the ride, her bones and her brain felt like jelly after the adrenaline left her body. It took her a moment and she shook her head to get feeling back. "On it Cate!" She turned on her monitor and began looking for the titanium signature. The frozen environment, was much more real this close to the surface and she suddenly felt a huge sense of urgency. She couldn't see how anything could be living out in this frozen wasteland. She made a few adjustments to try to hone the sensors to detect the tiny titanium signature. Cass saw something but wasn't completely sure.

"Cate I think I see something at the summit of that mountain, on your 3 o'clock, could you head that direction so I can check, please? Troy, you see that mountain, could you check the thermal readings in that direction? I can see a slight reading , but I can't see how high up it might be."

"Ohana Means family. Family means nobody gets left behind, or forgotten."
--Stitch

Also the Stargate philosophy...

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2015, 02:43:33 AM »

"It does get better Lieutenant believe me. Wait until you experience one of these in combat, in space!" The rush of that, even the mere thought of it turned any jet jockey pail on their first time. Yet you got over it soon enough and simply became addicted to it. "Stand by."

Fortunately the view from the front of the AC401 was glorious, not to mention the huge HUD display, Cate zeroed in on the target Cass had pointed out for her and as sure as eggs make chickens she had a bead on the top of the particular mountain. It looked small from here but as she drew closer she could see a reasonable spot to land; there were trees of course, there was always trees. But amid that, there was also a large flat space just big enough for the aircraft. She leveled out at the same height, set the bird into hover and it just sat there, nose pointed at the mountain top. "Go for it Cass, you should be able to pick up the fillings in their teeth. The second you have a contact, I'll set down."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2015, 09:57:09 AM »

Kim thought she heard something close by, but she just couldn't shake the cold and drowsiness that was surrounding her and pulling her back under.  She wanted to get back to her friends, but she didn't have the energy any longer.  The sound kept getting louder, but she was sure it was in her head as she gave into the darkness once again.

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2015, 03:13:17 PM »

Troy looked at the terrain pointed out by the scientist.
"Good eye ma'am. The area is slightly sheltered from the wind, which is important in a situation such as this. Let's hope our missing people remembered that from their survival training."

He had only skimmed the medical records of the 3 missing members, but knew they had some military experience. Even if they didn't have formal training, hopefully common sense would tell them to try and get out of the elements.

Focusing on the surrounding area, William looked for any sign of heat against the cold snow.
"I think I found something, actually make that 2 somethings. One is underneath what appears to be an overhang, and the other's a few feet away from that."

Nerdlover

• Senior Airman
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2015, 10:37:27 PM »

Cass tweaked the settings on her display here and there and was able to fine tune them. She saw the titanium very clearly and looked up through from the screen out into the real world and was dazzled at first, then suddenly overwhelmed by the sheer height of the mountain in front of her. She couldn't imagine how cold and high up that little blip on her screen could be in real life! "Up there about 3/4 of the way up the mountain. Looks like there is a little alcove, there is a very distinct titanium signature coming through. I have no idea how they got up there, but between the cold, the altitude and the sheer exhaustion from the climb I truly hope we aren't too late. Are you picking up any kind of heat Troy?"

--Stitch

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2015, 12:25:47 AM »

Cate didn't waste time on talking. She rotated the 401 so its rear end faced the escarpment then gently set the heavy aircraft down in a billowing and flurry of snow, that for several moments completely enshrouded the craft. "Right guys..." She said as she unstrapped herself, then removed her helmet. "Suit up, I won't open that.." Her hand pointing rearwards through the cargo bay to the rear ramp door. "Until we're fully protected. No sense in us freezing to, I just want to see our job done and have our girls safely aboard, time is of the essence here."
Far Dareis Mai

Nerdlover

• Senior Airman
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2015, 11:53:33 PM »

Cass didn't need to be asked more than once. The cold weather was something she did not want to encounter under-dressed! She unbuckled her restraints and hopped out of her seat. She began systematically getting her winter gear on. She was going quickly but very carefully, she knew that if she even missed a button or a zipper was partway down she could be looking at frostbite or worse very quickly in these type of conditions.

--Stitch

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

lethal-pageant