Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Just finished the series, so disappointed!  (Read 560 times)

Nerdlover

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nerdlover A new starter.
Just finished the series, so disappointed!
« on: June 12, 2015, 11:18:48 PM »

The last episode of the series was very disappointing.  :curse: :curse: :curse: It was a good episode, don't get me wrong, but there is no closure! I can't believe they dropped the ball on a movie. That series desperately needed a movie to wrap things up!

"Ohana Means family. Family means nobody gets left behind, or forgotten."
--Stitch

Also the Stargate philosophy...

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: Just finished the series, so disappointed!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 05:33:38 PM »

That's always the sad part when the production backers tell us they've run out of money (MGM in this case) then not too soon afterwards you notice they don't have a lot of trouble producing yet another lemon that fails to go anywhere, which I'm sure they must have done if you look at the MGM/Fox/Sony alliance of TV shows. Even at its lowest peak of ratings (mid season nine) Stargate SG1 was still ahead of many franchises we're seeing today.

Star Hunter

• Senior Airman
  • Star Hunter A new starter.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 07:40:44 PM »

Well… it could be worse, it's not a total cliffhanger  :fp

You can continue on with the Legacy books. They are a sequel to the series.

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 07:56:25 PM »

The Wraith were pretty much dead anyway.. I wish they had made like some sort of super wraith queen or something.. after todd took command they all became fuzzy teddy bears
and they completely ditched the wraith queens for some reason..

they could have had some super wraith wake up or something lol
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

or better yet have some like wraithy wraith lol

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

elflord

• Airman First Class
  • elflord A new starter.
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 09:12:26 AM »

There was meant to be a follow up movie but SGU killed it off which really upset me I would had rather had two Atlantis movies then the SGU series . :cry:

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 228
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 11:38:45 PM »

Kicking the gas again on this:

Atlantis ending was so disappointing for me. I mean it just ended with so many loose threads hanging. It could have had a run as long at least as SG1, there was so much depth to the entire SGA arc. I would have loved to see some reflections on the Wraith, more stories to their origins and I DEMAND that Shep and Teyla finally hook up!!!!!!
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 12:06:35 AM »

Honest answer, but I think Sheppard was more likely to go to Larrin than Teyla at that point. He and Teyla more or less broke it off when she got married anyways.

As for the ending, I think we got the best we were going to get. Most series, when they know they're done, they peter out hard. Like Star Trek: Enterprise, their final episode was a holodeck recreation set in an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. That was such a gut punch, it had no meaning, and it killed off a well liked and pivotal character to artificially create problems.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 12:56:04 PM »

I am still peeved off that Radek wasn't on 'The Balcony' scene, he saved Earth with the wormhole drive, admittedly Rodney had done most of it, but it was Radek that completed the more delicate details, and the fact that he had been there longer than Amelia and Keller, *grumble grumble*

@Star Hunter, Thank you for mentioning that, I will go to shop Amazon now

Edit: Just been, I am not paying 50 to 75 quid for a book, I do not *do*  Kindle, I like books, paper ones.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 01:01:36 PM by Teddy »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 228
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 05:48:49 PM »

Honest answer, but I think Sheppard was more likely to go to Larrin than Teyla at that point. He and Teyla more or less broke it off when she got married anyways.

As for the ending, I think we got the best we were going to get. Most series, when they know they're done, they peter out hard. Like Star Trek: Enterprise, their final episode was a holodeck recreation set in an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. That was such a gut punch, it had no meaning, and it killed off a well liked and pivotal character to artificially create problems.

True on the Shep/Larrin relationship. I had forgotten about her and its a pity we didn't see more of that arc.

I am still peeved off that Radek wasn't on 'The Balcony' scene, he saved Earth with the wormhole drive, admittedly Rodney had done most of it, but it was Radek that completed the more delicate details, and the fact that he had been there longer than Amelia and Keller, *grumble grumble*

@Star Hunter, Thank you for mentioning that, I will go to shop Amazon now

Edit: Just been, I am not paying 50 to 75 quid for a book, I do not *do*  Kindle, I like books, paper ones.

I'm the same, but many of those books can be read online for free :D
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 06:10:05 PM »

The books must be more expensive overseas, maybe shipping? The paperback is only $10 on Amazon here in the US.

Of the three series, I think both SG-1 and Atlantis wrapped things up nicely all things considered. Both left the door open for further adventures.

Although having a giant floating city in the San Francisco Bay could be considered one heck of a cliffhanger.

:OT
As for that other Star Franchise, Enterprise was by far the worst ending to the series. I find it best to chalk the episode up to historical error. The books sort of retcon it but I would have preferred them to simply ignore it.