Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Stargate Movie  (Read 1735 times)

MzArchivist

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • MzArchivist A new starter.
  • Out of My Frakking Mind
Re: New Stargate Movie
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2019, 09:04:02 PM »

He's got talent and knows what he's doing, I'll forgive him for letting the DeLois brothers on board the SGC. Some of their stuff is good but other things they've done makes me cringe.

I take my Science fiction serious, whatever the degree of it. Wormhole Extreme is parts I skip over. No thank you.
Personal Motto: "He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away."

- Raymond Hull

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 311
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2019, 02:32:18 AM »

What? You didn't like Wormhole X-Treme? Oh the sin, the blasphemy!  :lol Yeah there were some dodgy moments from those boys :D

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2019, 02:46:31 PM »

But what's new for the new stargate movie :W

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2019, 08:13:45 PM »

I liked Wormhole Extreme and imagined that one of my characters, Jon Agathon, had a whole season of it cause he liked the show  >(  :D

Anyways, they better start making a Stargate Movie or a TV show soon or im gonna be mad. Star Trek's already headed them off in a race to see who has the most TV shows and so far....Star Trek's winning...  :look
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Khnum

• Major
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2019, 04:43:45 AM »

I admit I'm curious to see Picard ... I saw the last star trek series and I didn't like it at all. I hope for the new stargate movie

MzArchivist

• Recruit
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2019, 11:35:14 PM »

I want to see them close out the SG-1 series as planned with the movie about the gate going public. It's been shelved for far too long.
Personal Motto: "He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away."

- Raymond Hull

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 311
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2019, 12:03:34 AM »

There was so much discussion invested into some project after Coninuum, Ark of Truth it was mind boggling. The producers and writers were looking at several angles at the time (when I was on Gateworld) around 2010 or so. Joe Mallozzi told me online that his concept was 3 or 4 mini series of about 90 mins each for at least another five years, then hopefully leading into a fully blown new series/franchise. Some of the other people such as Cooper and Wright were anxious to get off one big movie to end SG1 altogether then restart with something they had in mind that was going to be simply, Stargate Command. Yeah I know cliched but that was nearly ten years ago. The biggest disappointment is that nothing has happened.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Khnum

• Major
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2019, 02:32:23 AM »

In fact the final film of the series, also in my opinion, should have finally shown the stargate that becomes public and that the Earth unites in a single government :D

MzArchivist

• Recruit
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2019, 06:04:57 PM »

Earth Unites in a single government? I don't think so. There are far too many differences of opinions and political ideals. Even within our own respective countries there's discourse, disagreement, and the like. It would not be realistic to depict people coming together under one flag.

That's one of the things that always bugged me about Star Trek.

Sure, it sounds good but Utopia is an idea that is different for everyone.

An SG movie about the gate going public should, IMO, show the population divided. "A mixed bag of nuts." As one character in my cross-over calls it.

Some would be accepting with a portion of them wanting to join in.

Another portion would dismiss it all is BS "Just another distraction to cover up for what's really going on."

Some would breed chaos with conspiracy theories and the like that we attribute to the Woo Culture.

And then there's those who would push towards a global war over possession and control of the gate.

I like Sam's idea towards the end of the one movie "The new moon base."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 06:13:46 PM by MzArchivist »

- Raymond Hull
Pages: 1 [2]

lethal-pageant