Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Stargate Command - Level 28 - Main Armory  (Read 6724 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: Stargate Command - Level 28 - Main Armory
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2018, 07:13:05 PM »

{Sergeant Tony Cassar - Stores Assistant} NPC

"Nothing to be alarmed at I can assure you both, ladies." Tony had to live up to his reputation it was as simple as that, a reputation he hadn't necessarily brought onto himself; merely the suspicion that any Italian male was under when it came to the opposite gender. He did his work, signed out everything the teams requested with his usual informal flare, made mention of any small faults he had repaired and so on.

"He's going to keep us guessing." She whispered to Taleeya. "Oh well Tony I suppose we'll just simply have to take your word for it won't we." Vala gathered her things together, slinging the pack over her shoulder as both Cam and SG7 arrived. "Cameron Mitchell how could you think I'd do anything but be nice. Honestly you men." She trailed off laughing, giving the new girl Astrid a wink as she towed Taleeya out to make for the gate room. She made no comment concerning Cooper, that, she felt was between him and Cam.

That left Tony shaking his head. "Anything else Colonel?" He asked as the two women left. 

<<To Gate Room>>

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2018, 08:13:10 PM »

Taleeya shook her head with a smile.  She still had no idea what the man had said,  but it didn't sound like he meant them harm.  She nodded.   "So it seems," she whispered back.

Taleeya collected her gear, flashing Astrid a smile before Vala drug her out.  She'd have to introduce herself later.

<<to gate room>>

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2018, 06:45:25 PM »

"And I know you well enough to know I am not falling for that. Let's go." Cam said, "C'mon folks, time to go earn our keep."

"Yes, sir." Brian said, and glanced to his teammates.

"I would not worry. With that lunatic gone, this mission should go fairly well. We will most likely spend our time carrying very heavy things for Doctor Grecko." Nikolai pointed out.

"As well you should, young man. Respect your elders, children." Stan said.

"No no, I want to savor this for a moment. Nikolai made a joke, we need to mark our calendars." Denis said.

"Did I?" The Russian replied before leading the way out of the armory.

"...he totally did. I'm making a note of it. I'll tell Major Berge and Colonel Bixby when we get back. Nikolai was so excited he made a joke." Brian added.

"My god, he might even smile." Astrid laughed.

<<To Gate Room>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2018, 06:40:39 PM »

The sound of a lathe filled the armory as Tony worked on yet another project to create something unique for the SG teams. Had he been working in the civilian arms industry the man would surely be a millionaire by now.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

SGDelta

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • SGDelta is looked down upon.
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2018, 06:59:49 AM »

Hurley followed Colonel McGregor to the SGC armoury, trying to get a better sense of SG-9's situation as they went. "What's in it for Allienna by flipping on Ba'al?" He had read enough old SG-1 mission reports to know that the parasitic Goa'uld did not raise a finger - let alone risk their necks - if it was not part of their long game. While far from an expert, Allienna was not the name of any ancient deity he had ever heard of, which presumably made her a minor player.

The two men stepped into the armour and moved to the dispensing window, behind which an Army sergeant could be seen working on a lathe. Hurley would have preferred to know more about the op - the environment, the hostiles, risks to nearby friendlies - but a QRF rarely had that luxury. He would go for an all-rounder and improvise on the go.

"HK416, HK Mark 24, frags, flashes." That would give him the ability the with long lines of sight and in built-ups. "EOTech optics if you have one handy." He ran through a mental kit list - his plate carrier, helmet, gloves, NVGs, and the rest were in his locker. Enough for a simple extraction. "What do we know about SG-9’s op? What are we walking into here?"
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 11:45:30 PM by SGDelta »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2018, 05:07:22 PM »

By now Ben was more than used to the place. Even though most of his time with Stargate Command had been spent either at the Antarctic base as second under Colonel Davis or more recently as CO of the SAS element on the Alpha site, he had transited back and forth to the SGC on enough occasions to know the layout. Coming down to the armoury was like meeting an old friend literally with him having worked with Tony Cassar back in 08 in Helmand Provence chasing Terry Tali back over the border. Good times, he remembered.

To Mutt's question he had to think for a moment, not having been fully briefed on the Goa'uld in question but relying on the intel that filtered back to the Alpha site and there had been plenty of that recently. "As I understand the nuances of their relationship its not been a good one. Ba'al as you might be aware was a supporter of her mother Morrigan, and she in turn supported old Boche's machinations to more or less take over the System Lords and the galaxy in general. Her rule was tainted and she treated her own people with a cruelty that went beyond what we know the Snake Heads to be famous for; a scenario ripe for a coup. That coup was carried out by her daughters Allienna and the younger Grundel and they had the full backing by Lord Khnum along with her own people we know as the Leopard Clan. Morrigan's own Raven clan capitulated without a fight and the whole thing was over in hours as far as we know." He took a moments breather. "After we found out Ba'al was still around and that SG1 had merely desnaked another clone, we put the hard word on the remaining System Lords to take Ba'al in hand or we would do it for them. They knew that could lead to all out war and subsequently they placed both he and Morrigan under house arrest. Allienna was supposed to be his jailer in this, so if our suspicions are correct and he's escaped somehow, she will want to save face."

He left it at that for the time being as they approached Cassar. Something ticked as the other man made his order, one gun hand might not be enough to pull SG-9 out of the soup. Making a snap judgement, he'd let the Admiral know by radio. "Cassar, I'll take my M249 back if you don't mind and I'll take the USP as well. Oh and this is Chief Warrant Officer Hurley, he's joining us on Blackbird. Throw in some NVG's for both of us mate."

Tony stopped what he was doing when he heard the call, he rubbed his dirty hands over his coveralls as he went to the window. "It's your lucky day sir." he told Hurley. "Brand spanking new stuff came in a week ago. Give me a minute." He heard Ben's request as he went to the racks, grabbing everything and placing it on a trolley. Oh his way back he pressed the door release to push the trolley out to them. "You know Colonel, I could get bored down here some days." A big hint of course. Too bad about his gammy leg, the reason he was armorer and not playing Ranger any longer. "Tony Cassar, Mr Hurley, Sergeant, US Rangers." He introduced himself.

Ben started taking his kit, Tony added the tactical vests without being asked. "They were tasked with infiltrating what we believe was a Ba'al warehouse here on Earth, one of several. We got a tip off is all I can say right now. As far as what we might be up against, my guess is former terrorists, drug runners and the usual desperados and you can add in a few Jaffa to that mix. It's well after 7pm there now, so it'll be dark." He tapped his radio. "Admiral, its Ben. I think it best I go with Mr Hurley, this thing could get worse very quickly sir."
Far Dareis Mai

SGDelta

• Recruit
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2018, 04:41:23 AM »

Hurley took the rifle and sidearm from Sergeant Cassar and gave them a quick once over. "Thank you Sergeant." Brand new, just as the armourer had said, and hopefully zeroed in properly - Hurley and MacGreggor didn't have time before they were on station. The CWO normally did not rush things like this, but today a quick response took precedence. Hurley grabbed the silence for the 416 and screwed it into place. Not only would it keep the locals from panicking, but it would protect his already battle-damaged hearing.

He listened as the Colonel described the situation on the group in Columbia. With Ba'al's soldiers surrounding and closing in SG-9, the last place they would be expecting resistance is from the rear. If the two men could establish contact with SG-9 they should be able to coordinate their assault to open an escape window for the team, then fall back out of the range of the jammers to be extracted by the Apollo.

"Then let's use the night to our advantage, him them fast and hard, extract SG-9 before the locals know what hit them." The cover of darkness, if used correctly, would allow the two men to appear as a much larger force.

Hurley just needed to hit the team rooms and kit up with his helmet, gloves and plate carrier. "Beaming room in five?" An unused briefing room a level up had been cleared out as a designated step off point for personnel being beamed in and out of the base, on the off chance that the Apollo's sensors were an inch or two off. Hurley would prefer not to have his ankles beamed halfway into the floor.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 11:45:15 PM by SGDelta »

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2018, 10:31:16 PM »

*Radio*

"Colonel McGregor. I am here if you need me right this moment to meet you somewhere."
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2018, 10:44:20 PM »

"Thanks Cassar, we'll be on our way and about getting you out of here, keep that thought as you never know." Ben turned away to keep up a running commentary with Hurley as they headed out.

"Our orders are specific, if it turns bad we're to call in a Green Beret unit on standby, hopefully we won't have to do that as those blokes are not cleared for what we know and of course we have to make sure that nothing 'alien' is left behind. I have this nasty feeling Mr. Hurley this isn't going to be cut and dried so to speak." They headed for the elevator to take them up to the beaming room when Ben's radio went off. "Ah, another volunteer. I hadn't expected this fella to be here so soon, but I might as well make use of him." He replied quickly. "Captain Amir, get your butt down to the armory, gear up and meet us in the beaming room. You have exactly 8 minutes. I'll meet you and brief you when I see you."

>>To Beaming room>>
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!DanielRyder is awe-inspiring!
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2018, 11:11:06 PM »

*Radio*

"Yes, sir. Right away
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

SGDelta

• Recruit
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2018, 10:41:14 PM »

Things were moving quickly. The Admiral assigned a third shooter to the QRF - Captain Amir - and while it didn’t even the odds against the overwhelming size of the enemy force surrounding SG-9, it did give them options. While a two-man split would be better to give them multiple approach angles, a three-man team could have a point, side, and rear guard. The last thing Hurley wanted was to the be shot from behind while clearing a room.

Having an SF ODA as backup was welcomed as well. While a lot of their work was training local forces, they were no strangers to direct action. “Let’s hope we don’t have to bring in the cavalry.” A low-key extraction from the warehouse could be easily explained away with a generic cover story. A raging gunfight between SG-9, TF Blackbird and a dozen SFs was a lot harder to keep off the front page.

Hurley finished signing out the last of his weapons, and strode toward the see. “See you in five.”

< Continued in Beaming Room >
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 11:44:57 PM by SGDelta »

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2018, 12:23:29 AM »

Taer lumbered through the doorway into the armory breathlessly and exhaled. The Armory officer looked up and stared at the Army Captain curiously. He spoke looking at his rank, "Captain. Sergeant Tony Cassar. What can I do for you?" Obviously he never met him before but he had seen him around. Tony realized the Captain was possibly from the Alpha Site.

Taer approached the desk and spoke placing his hand on the counter, "Captain Amir. Call me Taer. Need a few things for the mission," without delay as he counted out what he needed from mind, "NVGs, M4a1 rifle, SIG P226 pistol, a protective vest, six M67 grenades. Also, some extra rounds for both the pistol and the rifle. I'm with Colonel McGregor on a mission, so I'm on the clock Sergeant."

"Yes, sir," Tony nodded and disappeared to gather the things for the Captain. A few seconds later, he returned with the vest first and the weapons, "Here you go, Captain and extra rounds."

Taer sighed grabbing the vest. Placing it on, he put the items in several pockets, strapped his pistol to his side and hooked the rifle in front of him. Breathing slightly shallow, Taer looked at the window and inquired, "Got water? Bit out of breath and thirsty. Barely had time to get a bottle."

Tony nodded grabbing an extra water bottle that he hid under the counter. Placing it in front of him, he responded, "You're just in luck sir. I snuck in an extra bottle, but you can have it. Don't tell anyone?"

Taer smirked grabbing the bottle and twisting the cap open. Taking a gulp, he responded while backing out of the armory, "Your secret's safe. Gotta go."

Twisting the cap back on, Taer placed the bottle in his pocket and ran out to the level above to meet the Colonel for the mission. He was wondering who else was coming along on this mission as it couldn't be just the two of them. Usually teams were three men or four depending on who's volunteering.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 12:28:06 AM by DanielRyder »

Character List

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]