Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: A question regarding Ancient weapons  (Read 913 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
A question regarding Ancient weapons
« on: July 13, 2015, 05:39:02 PM »

Here's a little point that has occurred to me regarding the lack of Ancient personal weapons.

The Atlantis explorers have found all sorts of useful items, such as a personal shield and lifesign detectors, and big weapons (chair powered and Puddle Jumper drones and the space station gun platform), but no personal weapons at all.

Did the Ancients not have personal weapons and rely on the bigger things? Have the team just not found the armoury? Or did the Ancients take all their small arms with them when they left? And what sort of weapons would they be? Projectile or some sort of beam weaponry? What would power them?

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
Re: A question regarding Ancient weapons
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 12:48:27 AM »

The replicators, who based themselves on the Lanteans had weapons, could they have also used similar weapons to what the original Lanteans used?

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 01:03:32 AM »

Yeah that is true, I would say in their early days that did have them, I mean the Ori are cousins, they equipped their human soldiers with weapons, so maybe they were based on ancient designs?
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 01:12:38 AM »

I believe that the replicator weapons were ancient weapons.. although it must be said that it is true that the ancients were not big on using weapons..

they probably did not need much to take out the wraith soldiers.. an ancient shield and a powerful laser pistol would probably be enough.. atleast after the hiveship was destroyed with drones...

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 01:30:21 AM »

Maybe the Wraith weapons were based on Ancient tech?
Far Dareis Mai

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 01:36:07 AM »

thats most likely the case but that still does not explain where all the guns on atlantis went.. unless most of the city is still not explored.. including.. the zpm making factory and the gun making factory and the armoury..  lol

Guardian452

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Guardian452 A new starter.
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 09:18:13 PM »

i think maybe they took their weapons with them, and eventually taken and used by the ga'ould, aftar all, all teh tech tehy have is scavenged, and sometimes repurposed.

"The Wraith? Naah. Now clowns - that's another story. Scare the crap out of me."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 09:31:42 PM »

@Guardian452

I think you may be correct on this. If they left Atlantis as we saw in Elizabeth's AU episode, they wouldn't leave much behind. We have seen this though in the show. The Lantean stun weapon.

Far Dareis Mai

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 02:02:34 AM »

In fact, I was also asked to do so, as the destiny for the Alterans' personal armament, and I came to the consideration that they used their superior technology to make practically ineffective any ranged or projectile weapon (they played easy)
Equipped with personal shields for cutting weapons, less predictable and considered even the least advanced. :D

lethal-pageant