Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pegasus Space gates  (Read 1336 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Pegasus Space gates
« on: July 14, 2015, 07:49:24 AM »

Why would the Ancients put gates in space? We know none of them are  in the Milky Way Galaxy except for the midway gate before the midway space station was built, they were put in place by Earth. With that being said, why would the Ancients put gates in space, or do you think the Wraith could have?

We know the people of the Pegasus galaxy relied on each other mostly for trade but in the Milky Way most races were under Goa'uld control and only the Goa'uld and Jaffa mostly used them. So why would they put gates in space? Surely the people weren't there when the Ancients and eventually the Wraith were but do you think its possible Wraith put them there for culling from their hive ships since we do know you can dial the stargate from their darts or do you think the Ancients put them there for stealth for their ships or are we missing something?

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
Re: Pegasus Space gates
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 10:01:42 AM »

No idea. I ask that question myself actually everytime I see one of those gates in space. You'd think they would have drifted off eventually once they lose their gravitational pull against the planet and come crashing or traveling across space in slow motion while the "location tag" of the gate is lost. Forever. I think its weird that they would put that gate in space in the first place anyways. Why couldnt they just keep it ground side? You know? Make it not so complicated.
Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 125
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 07:55:04 PM »

In my opinion, it could be a secret intergalactic bridge, initiated by the Ancients but never completed as much of their projects.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 340
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 08:18:33 AM »

All the Pegasus space gates are just normal gates removed from planets then placed in orbit so that the Wraith could use them for culling, cutting the human populations off from using them.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 06:23:33 PM »

In this manner, the attached populations, they can not move from one planet to escape and consequently are exterminated or decimated heavily.

Off topic: Post 1000 :yes: :yes: :yes:

Shadowlord

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 09:19:01 PM »

Perhaps but planets like Athos did not have the gate in space.
As in Sg1 I doubt having the human populations use the gate is that much of an issue.
It makes sense that it may in fact have been more for stopping the wraith originally during the war.

Puddle jumpers can go through the gates just fine though darts can to they are considerably weaker then the puddle jumpers. Against human populations they are deadly but ancients would have planetary shields and the ability to fire drones from the surface.

Would be interesting to note though the wraith are clearly more intelligent then the ancients thought them to be. The ancients could use the space gates to move puddle jumpers around quite easily a valuable use of the gate technology in space naval usage however the wraith would have a difficult time destroying sald gates.

It is easy enough for both ancients and wraith to use the ground Stargates thus making it impossible for those human populations to escape but I think the ancients in their war with the wraith would have found it tactically useful plus it is clearly better then allowing wraith to use their gates against them to get behind their planetary Sheilds and drones.
The ancients weren't anywhere near very good at strategy or tactics but they could at least try to make it harder for the wraith to use them.

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 07:44:22 AM »

In Stargate Atlantis it has shown that some planets trade with each other, so it's possible that the people of this galaxy, they moved through the Stargate. The sudden arrival of the Wraith in the planets, it is possible by the absolute lack of technology to warn civilians.

An example of this technology we had with the Tok'ra, that trace the arrival of Ha'tak spaceships to their secret base through the use of powerful telescopes. In the Pegasus galaxy is the absolute lack of technology to make prey actually the population.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 05:50:18 AM »

I want to know what the heck powers all the gates, especially for the people who live on the planets, where and what is the source, cause they never seem to run out of power? But Atlantis does, and if its the DHDs, why doesn't Atlantis swipe a couple that are not being used, maybe they could run the shield as well as the power seems limitless if the gates have been in use for 10,000 years.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 340
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 11:47:36 AM »

I want to know what the heck powers all the gates, especially for the people who live on the planets, where and what is the source, cause they never seem to run out of power? But Atlantis does, and if its the DHDs, why doesn't Atlantis swipe a couple that are not being used, maybe they could run the shield as well as the power seems limitless if the gates have been in use for 10,000 years.

Magnets  :sam37 :lol

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 11:59:36 AM »

Magnets  :sam37 :lol

Nah....Magic  :D
Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2021, 04:03:24 AM »

I read something about cold fusion running it and that the energy was conducted wireless between the gate and the DHD... but nothing that was really specifically noted in canon, it was purely fan based speculation.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 06:17:23 AM »

I think they need to scrap the ZPM, a pack of Duracell batteries would last longer.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 11:13:35 AM »

I think they need to scrap the ZPM, a pack of Duracell batteries would last longer.

Suddenly I have this image of a large, pink fluffy bunny banging the drums while crossing galaxies via the large, flowy water-like inter-dimensional gate.

*shudders*

:P >(
Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Draco-Stellaris

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Draco-Stellaris A new starter.
    • Draco-Stellaris.de
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 03:32:17 AM »

:lol Great ideas!

Or maybe the Ancients got a couple of immortal extra-terrestrial hamsters running in wheels inside the gate's structure, feeding on cosmic energy.

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal