Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Outlander! Yaye!  (Read 1015 times)

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
Re: Outlander! Yaye!
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 12:57:21 AM »

As long as we have limit of 40 Gb/month in this house, streaming is out of the question...

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 02:15:03 AM »

But of course that first episode was free. The rest I have to log onto Starz and pay for it. Oh well. Not gonna do that lol. And boy did I seriously misread Outlander even though I actually read it. I thought it was set in the Middle Ages, but no. I mean, I was fooled cause of the Castle thing in the background and the sword. The plot looks good though, so I might watch it in my own time. If only it was set in the middle ages though...that would have been awesome.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Cem1133

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cem1133 A new starter.
  • Always
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 02:46:37 AM »

Greenhorn, it sort of is lol, you'd have to keep watching.
I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 05:36:12 PM »

I'm having fun watching it, explaining the history to my boyfriend of what is going on and how it leads to the destruction of Scottish culture.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Cem1133

• Master Sergeant
  • Cem1133 A new starter.
  • Always
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 04:51:22 AM »

LOL very very true with the culture.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 250
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 11:26:09 PM »

I've only begun to watch it, the first episode in fact. I love it a lot so far :)

Culture change always annoys me, angers me in fact. We're witnessing it here in my own lifetime :(
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cem1133

• Master Sergeant
  • Cem1133 A new starter.
  • Always
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 06:20:35 AM »

We all are Mel.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 07:03:11 PM »

The destruction of the Scottish culture did lead though to other cultures. Many Scots later were deported just for wearing Scottish national dress after the jacobite rebellions. Then alternate Scots moved when the highland clearances happened once the sons of the landlords who had been exiled with Charlie came back and wanted to make more money or their land, feeling no kinship or loyalty to the people on it.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2015, 02:09:04 PM »

I want to visit Scotland one day. I also want to see the Stonehenge. And everything including the countysides and the pubs lol.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Pages: 1 [2]

lethal-pageant