Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Atlantis- Jumper Bay  (Read 1733 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 209
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis- Jumper Bay
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2017, 10:34:04 PM »

"It is and no seat belts!" Mel laughed excitedly. Still business was business. She called up the tower getting an immediate response from Chuck who had since taken his shift. "Jumper six to tower, request clearance for the mainland."

A crackle then the reply. "Tower to Jumper six, you are cleared. Whenever you're ready ma'am. Doors open."

Mel glanced above them to see the city Jumper bay doors slide open some 200 feet up. They were in the clear. "You've heard of express elevators Reese, they haven't got anything on this." Her hand merely held the controls, her thoughts transferred through via the Ancient gene then like a giant invisible hand they shot up and out over the city headed for the mainland.

<<To Athosian Camp>>
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:02:59 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 08:26:46 AM »

Reese groaned good naturedly.  "And to think I would be safe in here," she laughed.  She had never been in a jumper before but she was pretty sure Mel wouldn't purposely put them on danger.  She blinked a bit.  "Sounds really impressive." Reese had no idea what she was in for as Mel set to work on starting the jumper.  She pressed back into her seat, amazed by what was going on.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 02:41:48 AM »

<<From Mainland>>

Taking a long curved approach to the city, Evan wanted to ensure the bay doors were open before he settled the little ship down. He radioed ahead of time to also make sure the medical teams were in position once they were landed; he was told they were already there before the Jumper left the mainland.

There was a very small bump as the Jumper touched down, nothing alarming to anyone, with him wanting nothing but the most comfortable ride for their passenger. As soon as he had the ship on the deck, he shut down immediately, opening up the rear door. "Time to move Teyla, the medics are waiting, we should let them take care of her now."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 05:39:03 PM by MelsMum »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 01:31:10 AM »

NPC

<<From Mainland>>

Without a word Teyla scrambled from her seat up front to be on hand to assist with Brina. As she passed Reese and Melinda she heard a part of the conversation they were having; looking down at the young woman before speaking, she could see that for the moment Brina was perhaps in a semi conscious state. She put her head in such a position as to be almost in between the two blondes. "Let us not think of what 'may or may not' happen. Think only that somehow we can make the best of this and both will survive." She then slipped out to speak with the orderlies waiting outside with a gurney ready. It wouldn't take them long.

As Teyla left, Mel's head followed her, then turned back to Reese. "She's right Reese. I shouldn't be so negative you know; we'll do everything we can to see that both Mom and baby come through this. Okay guys...." She nodded to the two Corpsmen waiting outside. Even as she spoke, they had a slide next to Brina, then a moment later they were lifting her onto the gurney. "Come on Reese, we have a baby to deliver."

<<To Medbay>>
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2017, 07:58:33 AM »

<<From Mainland>>

Reese nodded.  She didn't want to be negative.  She was determined to do everything she could to save mom and baby.  It wouldn't do to lose her first real patient here and one so young at that.  Not to mention that babe was going to need it's mama.  "You got it.  The less time we waste the best chance she has," she whispered back, moving to follow the others.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2017, 05:43:51 PM »

Seeing the orderlies taking care of things, Evan knew he would only be in the way if he tried to help. The best he could do really was keep clear. Knowing his things back on the Mainland would naturally be taken care of, he mentally started to calculate how long it had been since the Dreadnought left and where they would be now. Most likely they had arrived which meant he should get ready in case he was needed. "Teyla you should gear up; we may get that call at any moment. I think the doctors can take care of your girl and her baby from here on." He wasn't unsympathetic to the situation at all, just being practical.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2017, 01:21:35 AM »

NPC

<<From Mainland>>

A very small slight groan came from Brina as she was moved to the gurney, subconsciously she held out a slim hand for anyone to take. Mel and Reese being closest, the Dane took the hand gently, giving it a warm squeeze. She knew that deep down in the young woman's mind she'd know someone was watching over her. The orderlies didn't rush, but they weren't slow either, wheeling the patient out of the Jumper bay with a dedicated practiced efficiency. As they moved, Mel first looked over her shoulder to Teyla and Lorne, then back to Reese. "This is your territory now, but at the same time I've probably delivered more newborns than I care to count Reese. Since we're all mammals, the problems are often very similar to one another, so don't be afraid to call out to me loudly if you get into trouble. Despite what I said earlier we do have a lot of options open to us." Soon they were at the transporter doors.

<<To Med Bay>>

The Athosian leader looked up at Evan, he was right of course and for the moment she was nothing but baggage as far as Brina was concerned. There was little else she could do for Brina now. "Girls." She called to both Reese and Melinda. "Take care of her please."

"As usual you are right Evan Lorne, give me ten minutes while I go and change. I'll meet you in the armory after that."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2017, 08:00:27 AM »

<<From Mainland>>

Reese stayed close to Brina as the young woman was wheeled out of the jumper.  She looked back at Teyla.  'We will," she promised.  She was going to do everything in her power to keep this girl and her baby alive.  She nodded at Mel.  "Thank you.  I haven't had a chance to get real well acquainted with things here yet," she admitted.  There was a lot to learn.  "Right now lets get her comfortable and sleeping then that way we won't hurt her or the babe."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2017, 09:49:43 PM »

"Good as done Teyla." Evan then went another direction towards the opposite end of the Jumper bay. Since he had only to pick up his gear, it was quicker for him to go in that direction to reach his rooms.

<<To Woolsey's Office>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2017, 07:15:52 PM »

He was a man of few words, Teyla could certainly relate to that after having worked with Ronon and in some cases it suited John as well for all these years. It seemed to her that sometimes you just had to say what was needed and nothing else. "I'll be there ready to go Major." She was going to make damned sure of that.

<<Woolsey's office via rooms and armory>>
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2018, 10:17:50 PM »

<From Infirmary via Marines unit and Accommodation>>

By the time Melinda had seen the Marine unit XO, then headed to her cabin to gather some materials, the six marines allocated to assist were already waiting for her and Reese to arrive. They had stowed their gear aboard one of the Jumpers, which fortunately was the very machine Reese and Mel had used earlier. Not wanting to engage in idle chatter with them just now, Melinda waited near the entrance to the Jumper bay for Reese to arrive.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2018, 07:33:49 PM »

<From Infirmary via Marines unit and Accommodation>>

Reese grabbed the few things she needed, hoping she has enough.   She wanted to make sure they could help.  She hurried down to the jumper bay, grinning when she saw everyone.   "Sorry it took me so long."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 09:06:56 PM by Mim »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2018, 10:14:22 PM »

Looking over the largish pack Reese was carrying Mel raised a curious eyebrow. "Hungry Reese?" She didn't giggle at all, merely taking the bulky pack off her friend's hands to lead her to the Jumper. "All right boys, here are the rules." Not one to let a moment slip by, Melinda set out a few imperatives for the Marines, also she didn't want them to get a word in either, they were all NCO's near or around her and Reese's own age, that spelled trouble in any woman's language. "Just one, or two. First derogatory or sexist comment either of us hear and I will drop you out the back door. Secondly, if we catch any of you making a pass at the Athosian girls, we will shoot you. Understood?" Now there was a half grin, but seriously they knew she was a Vet and knew somewhere in among all her gear she was probably carrying a tranquilizer gun.

Reluctantly to a man they replied heartily, since they had all dealt with Mel before. "Yes ma'am!"

"Right, load up." She didn't wait for them though, brushing past them with Reese's pack, dropping it on the floor gently behind the rear cockpit seats. The moment her hands hovered over the control panel, the little ship came to life. "Reese take the number two (right side) seat, call up Amelia and let her know Jumper six is about to head for the mainland again."
Far Dareis Mai

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Teddy hides in shadows.
  • The DEATH of DiscWorld
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2018, 03:13:59 PM »

Zelenka

Radek had been fiddling about with one of the jumpers when he heard the noise just a few yards away, so, he stood up and stretched his partially stiff legs and grunted, stepping outside he spotted a couple of the girls near another jumper, he walked over to it and raised his hand.

"Hello, you all seem to be in a  rush, where are you going ?"
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 03:15:57 PM by Teddy »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2018, 05:18:03 PM »

She glared at Mel before rolling her eyes.  "Just being prepared."  Reese barely managed to hide a giggle as Mel gave the men a dressing down.  She was guessing the men had worked with Mel before by their reactions.

Before she answered Mel she heard another voice.  "We're headed back to the mainland," Reese answered Zelenka. "What are you up to?"  She nodded to Mel and moved to the radio.  "Amelia this is puddle jumper 6.  We're getting ready to head back to the mainland. "
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 09:53:09 AM by sorra »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4