Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Atlantis- Jumper Bay  (Read 5580 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 326
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis- Jumper Bay
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2018, 11:23:01 PM »

<Recovery>

The three girls plus the baby carried in Melinda's gentle arms made their way down to the Jumper bay in quite good time, it was a quiet walk interspersed with the occasional comment about the city itself from Brina with both Reese and Mel telling her what they could from their limited knowledge of just seven months for Mel and a little over a month for Reese.

When they did arrive Brina's excitement at going back to her people was lifted even higher when her eyes fell on the line up of small Lantean ships in the huge bay. The lights coming from within a solitary Jumper told them exactly which one to head for, Mel led the way there cradling the baby tightly. She was reluctant almost to give her up now but she knew she had to.

"Thank you again both of you for all you have done. I don't think I could ever repay your kindness if I live a thousand years." Brina told them before she entered.

Melinda guided the Athosian girl forward, stopping at the entry to the cockpit. "From both of us." She looked at Reese with a warm smile. "Just to see both of you healthy is all the reward we need. True Reese?" Gently handing over the bub to her mother, Brina folded the little bundle to her chest.

"I must see to it I won't let you down. Where shall I sit?" She asked.

"Evan, this is Brina. Yes I know you know but she wasn't awake the last time you saw her and baby here is Reese Melinda Tarbaron; catchy name isn't it?" Her wide knowing grin couldn't be mistaken. "Up front here Brina next to Major Lorne." Mel told her.

Brina squeezed past to take the right hand seat giving Evan a thankful smile. "I'm so pleased to meet you Major Lorne, Teyla has mentioned you often."

@sorra @Bluebell722

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2018, 08:57:03 AM »

"Pleasure to meet you, Brina. Congratulations on your lovely new daughter, and that is a wonderful name you've chosen for her." Evan smiled at her, then cast Doc Olofsson a knowing look. He resisted to add a wry comment about how anything Teyla said about him was probably not true, because the gate translation system didn't usually translate humor.

He finished the final start-up sequence for the jumper.

To Brina he said, "Strap in, get comfortable, and we will lift off as soon as we have clearance."

He tapped his radio.

*Radio*

"Lorne for Control. We are ready for takeoff."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2018, 05:18:17 PM »

Reese nodded.  "Mel is right. You and that little one stay safe and happy." She stepped back to let Brina inside.  "Take care if then, Evan," she smiled.  "We'll come see you and baby Reese soon."  She hated to see them leave, but knew it was for the better.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2018, 01:08:14 AM »

*Radio*

"Copy that Major. You are clear to leave, good luck and happy skies."

Mel gave Brina a final hug, kissed the baby on the forehead then with a great deal of hesitation walked backwards out of the Jumper. "Fly safe Lorne, I know you will and Brina as Reese said we will see you again very soon." Not wanting any chance of falling tears she took Reese by the arm trying her best to be cheerful.

"I think Major Lorne the word I should use is I was inspired. I've learned a few new things since I have been with your lovely people." She gave the girls a wave as she settled in for the flight. "Don't make the days long, or I shall have to find excuses to get you both back much sooner." She told them, then turned her head to the front. "We shall be over the sea will we not Major?" Not that she was afraid, it was just a random thought aloud.

<<Jumper to Mainland>>

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2018, 07:53:11 PM »

Reese hates to see them go.  She knew Brina would be happier with her people and that Evan would take care of them, but it was still hard to see them go.  She gave them both hugs before letting Mel tug her out of the jumper.  "We'll do our best to make it soon," she promised.

Reese bit back a sniffle as they stood back to watch.   "I'm going to miss them," she said to her friend.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2018, 08:14:28 PM »

Time Jump now in effect September 26th 2011, 0730 am

Please read this post

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2018, 10:12:05 PM »

Ronon wasn't at all opposed to helping lug some weapons out of the Armory with Michelle. Especially what Mako had to offer, they had some stuff that put the usual P90s and G36s they usually had around Atlantis.

They loaded onto the Jumper a pair of grenade launchers, a single shot M203 and the six round M32 MGL, the automatic AA-12 shotgun that had been packed along during the op on the Rebel Genii World, and a giant bolt action rifle, a TAC-50 .50 BMG rifle. Michelle decided on the way to grab a SCAR-H, and so her attire was modified to more tactical gear. A tactical vest, Oakley tactical gloves and sunglasses, and just in case McKay and Zelenka didn't believe her to bring PPE.

"So, whats with all the stuff?" Ronon asked finally after setting the last container into the cargo area.

"When Sheppard engaged the Vanir, they were using P90s and G36s. Small caliber rounds. I want to see what high explosive rounds, explosive shotgun shells, and high caliber rounds will do." Michelle said as she set the last crate down, "A theory I want to test is this: is the shield going to be equal opportunity and require an equal number of bullets to breach it, or will different rounds have a different effect."

"Isn't that what the gadget they're coming up with is for?" Ronon asked, leaning against the hatchway to the Jumper and crossing his arms.

"Two reasons. One; if these things don't work as advertised, we need to be prepared. Two; can't hurt to try. Also, you're participating to test if your gun is going to work or if they need to recalibrate it." Michelle said.

"You don't trust them?" Ronon arched an eyebrow.

"It's more that I don't trust unproven tech. We can shoot a static target all day long, but the real test is going to be in the field." Michelle replied with a grin. Ronon chuckled.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2018, 04:29:23 PM »

<<From Med Bay>>

Reese gripped the bag on her shoulder as she nearly ran to reach the jumper bay.  She didn't want to keep anyone waiting for her.  She slowly made her way up to the group. "Sorry I'm late," she said.  "Just got the call from Hendrix."

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2018, 02:11:46 AM »

Zelenka

Radek arrived in the jumper bay and walked towards the jumper, he looked at all the people there and wandered over to Ronan

"Are we sure we will fit all the people in, especially with all this equipment, maybe we should have ordered two jumpers"

Mckay

Rodney arrived about five minutes later and he was finishing stuffing the last bit of sandwich in his mouth as he to approached the jumper, he pointed with a bit of crust and gulped the last bit down

"Hey, we all won't fit in there, look, He tapped his earpiece,
Woolsey, Mckay, we need another jumper, now"

He looked at the others

"It stands to reason we all shouldn't be in the same jumper anyway,
he said moving his hand from himself to the jumper, if any of that stuff blows up, well, I don't want to be around, so, I, I mean...some... of us, will take the next jumper,    ...when Woolsey gives it the go, which he will.of course"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 01:00:41 PM by Teddy »

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2018, 09:18:33 AM »

"Lieutenant Michelle Hanley, Task Force Mako. Glad Bones took care of that, but you'll probably just be bored with us..." She trailed off as the complaints started.

Both Ronon and Michelle glanced back into the Jumper, and then back to the scientists, wondering just where there was a problem. The TAC-50 was the largest weapon present, so it did take up one of the cargo nets, but the rest were hardly taking up a seat themselves. Plenty of room remained to get to the spacious cockpit.

"Uh. We crammed way more into a Jumper to rescue Mike. The rifle is big, yes, but everything else here is not much bigger than an assault rifle. Aside from the SCAR, I took only two mags worth for the .50 and the AA-12, and ten rounds of forty mike-mike." Michelle said, "So don't you think you're overreacting here?"

"There's plenty of room and only five of us. C'mon." Ronon commented, pushing off of the frame of the Jumper's hatch and making his way to the cockpit.

"Also, who else is going to fly the thing? Pretty sure I don't have the ATA Gene." Michelle added.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2018, 01:36:29 PM »

McKay

"I get nervous when we are in the same proximity as an untested very powerful weapon, not that I don't trust Zelenka's work,  I will cancel the jumper but have it on alert, "

Clicking his earpiece he contacted Woolsey again

"Cancel that request, but have it standby, I like to err on the side of caution"

He moved into the shuttle to sit in the pilots seat, he spun round in the seat to address the rest

"Lets get this over with boys and girls, chop chop, things to do"

Zelenka went to sit at the side of him, he was mummbling after what McKay said

"Zkus se ti smutný muž"

McKay glanced at him

"You do know that we know that you are swearing at us, know how we can tell, context and cadence"

Radek smiled and said in an even tone

"Políbil mi zadek"

McKay looked at him  and put his finger up and scowled, then he pulled it back     

"That's it,.......folks.. we just found a live target to try the new weapon on"

He smirked

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 107
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2018, 08:19:27 PM »

*Radio*

"There are twelve of them Doctor McKay, any particular one you'd like reserved? Pick a number and I'll have Amelia paint your name on it."

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2018, 05:34:59 PM »

"Luckily, though, I only see Ronon and I doing the shooting today." Michelle said as she made her way up to one of the available seats in the cargo area.

"Yeah. By the way, can I shoot the big rifle? Sheppard hasn't let me shoot anything that big before. Except railguns, but that doesn't count." Ronon asked.

"Depends. Can I shoot your Magnum?" Michelle countered with her own question and a grin. Ronon hesitated.

"Relax, just messing with you. Hell yeah you can pop a few rounds off with the Fifty. I'd be insulted if you didn't." Michelle's grin broadened even more.

"Heh. Good one. Alright, cool." Ronon replied.

"Yo, Doc, let's gooo allreeaadddyyy." She said in an obnoxiously melodic tone. Likely no one would pick up she was emulating Bender from Futurama...

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2018, 11:14:30 AM »

McKay

Rodney heard Richard's message and looked at Zelenka with his finger pointing to himself

"Is he talk...he is talking to m....

He clicked his earpiece

........You can do that?,...   a light went on in Rodney's head and  he rolled his eyes, Oh, I see, you were being sarcastic,..well number five will suffice.

Sarcasm rolled off his tongue as easy as butter from hot toast and he was ready for a verbal fight

Rodney gritted his teeth and was about to go into a tirade

Zelenka, knowing what was about to begin, shook his head and raised a hand to him

"Rodney, we do not have time for this"

Fortunately McKay conceded and he looked towards the back of the jumper

He looked over at everyone

"Everyone here?, then we have a go"

He turned to face the front, closed the jumper door,and grabbed the two handles either side  just below the control panel  and thought 'Open roof' while pulling the handles towards him

<<To the Mainland>>
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 10:51:24 AM by Teddy »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2018, 01:56:47 PM »

Reese stared for a minute.  This group was certainly different then any she had been with yet.  "Thanks a lot, Mel," she mumbled under her breath.  She quietly made her way into the group.  "Just preferably no injuries on my watch," she commented.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6