Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: NID vs IOA  (Read 380 times)

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
NID vs IOA
« on: September 13, 2015, 03:16:05 PM »

I know there was anothe topic on the NID that I asked months ago, but now im asking again and this time to comepare it with the IOA. What are the IOA exactly how different are they from the NID?

Since this rp is based in 2011, would the NID still be here or would they basically be broken up a bit? Im wondering. I'm still trying to figure out who Teal is because technically he's NID, but the NID has been in a mass of rogue agents and im trying to make him like you know, like Barret and not be corrupt cause he isn't. I just confirmation I guess.

What are the IOA? I never quite understood them and I keep getting them confused with Repo agents, whre everyone hates Repo agents so therfore everyone hates the IOA.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
Re: NID vs IOA
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 04:31:02 PM »

IOA: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/International_Oversight_Advisory

NID: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/National_Intelligence_Department

My take on this:

I interpret this, and as far as I remember it, the NID were more of a "bad guys = corrupted and in for it for the money"-company than the IOA, The IOA were more of the bureaucratic type of "bad guys".

While Woolsey in the beginning of his appearance in the series wasn't a very sympathetic kind of character from an SG1/SGC POV, one still understood where he was coming from and where he was aiming... The NID on the other hand... well, they had a whole other mindset on things...

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
Re: NID vs IOA
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 04:45:11 PM »

Cool. I just wanna say this because I tend to try to do things in the new way. I wanted Teal to be NID but like Agent Barret and wasn't corrupt. Because he's Australian, he'd have to move to the US at some point cause I just realized the NID were an United States agency. But when he joined, it was recent. Like maybe after when the NID started getting corrupt? I don't know. Maybe he joined in a new type of NID that were formed after the bad branch of the NID was cut off and its led by Agent Barret?

Because of a comment by a random Stargate Fangirl who after reading Aria's side story on a fanfiction site, is trying to convince me that Teal should be IOA instead of NID and me trying not to wring her neck...I'm starting to realize why she's saying that. So what im asking is. Or well, did the Rogue NID branch die out? Cause if so, then maybe Agent Barret would be like trying to start a new NID version to replace the old?

I don't know...but one thing I know that, after reading the wikia comparision of IOA and NID, Teal is NID by blood. He is an intelligence agent, not the one who cares about money and stuff...

The only thing I want to change is Teal's location to the United States for NID agent location. Unless the NID office in Canberra Australia was an NID branch kinda like a US Embassy office building in Australia or something.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

lethal-pageant