Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Stargate Command Level 27~ Officer's Lounge/Beaming room  (Read 2036 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command Level 27~ Officer's Lounge
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2018, 09:12:25 PM »

Cheryl looked up briefly when the Chief came in late; she dismissed it quickly as she knew Cam would let him know anything he missed out on. "I'm sorry if I have confused the issue Colonel. So to be precise, the dig teams are still located on PX7-994 where more extensive research is being carried out. P6G-12M is where all three teams will be going first up. As it is a large and vast area that needs thorough investigation it was felt from the outset it better to start this way. To make things easier, a Long Range Patrol Vehicle will be made available to each team. Have I covered everything?"
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2018, 06:11:58 PM »

Vala was ticking off the boxes in her mind as each point was brought forward. She didn't hesitate to giggle at certain places with either Fred or when Cooper arrived, a question she said openly nudging Taleeya at the same time. "I've heard many expressions here on Earth, but not that one Chief. What exactly is a dunny?" She had an idea though. Moving on. "So treasure is only a 'maybe', what we're really looking for is possibly technology or something like that?" Vala had her eyes on the MALP camera view of the planet in question, she squinted at it. "Whoa! Am I wrong or does that look like Atlantis's spires in the background?" She could be mistaken of course though it was doubtful in this case, that image was just far too damning not to be.

When Cheryl mentioned the trucks that made her smile. It sure beat walking over miles of unknown terrain. "Cammy dear, can I drive?"

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2018, 06:47:05 PM »

Major Fred Rivers
Captain Harly Green
First Lieutenant Charlotte Summers
Company Sergeant Major Gary Carter

Fred glanced to Harly and then frowned she had been studying the image intently. He haddnt even noticed the spires, he had been so used to ancient ruins with nothing left that he had just thought it wasnt an amazing picture with lines in the back ground.
"It dose look like a spire, It would make sense, I am sure Atlantis wasnt their only city ship..." Said Harly frowned. Fred then added.
"But the ruins in the foreground look gould." He had never quite taken to the proper pronounciation, he also didnt hold a pen properly or bother to pronounce his TH's correctly. But everybody still knew what he meant. That was when Gary then gave Fred a nudge. Fred frowned so Gary asked up.
"Who has the ATA Gene?" He asked. Fred frowned for a moment, He had to admit, he wasnt aware if Mitchell had it, it had never come up, but he knew Vala and the new girl on SG-1 likely didnt, it wasnt impossible, but the chances were slim. Honestly so were the chances of the others in the room, most people with the gene got cherry picked for Atlantis. Gary then added.
"Because that might decide who goes where. No point having SG-12 drive around a forrest in a jeep if Fred's the only one here with it." He made a point, if they were all going together, they had to pick and choose who went where, unless they wanted to spend hours there. Charlotte then added.
"How many people fit on each of those trucks?" She said, she knew there were at least four places, And if that was the case they would need at least four trucks, unless they all piled in to an open back ine.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2018, 09:35:04 AM »

"Roge. Sorry, just wanted to be clear." Brian said before glancing to SG-12's CO.

"Sir, both myself and Ms. Lofquist have the necessary gene. I underwent the gene therapy during training, she's a natural carrier." Brian commented, "As for these LAVs, well, you can get six if you toss out a couple ammo cans. They tend to go heavy on the ammo, no idea why. So at worst, we're looking at three vehicles, one for each team. Just depends on how we want to split this up. We might even consider the possibility this could take longer than a couple of hours, bring supplies to set up a base camp of sorts." Brian suggested.

"By the way, Koralov, you're driving." Brian said, glancing at his team's sniper. The Russian cracked the smallest of grins, he did rather enjoy off-road driving. He'd driven many backwoods roads and trails for enjoyment in his surplus UAZ before joining, and hoped to do so again at some point.

"Absolutely not." Cam said in regards to Vala's second question, half serious and half jokingly serious. Between his love for cars and his past as a fighter pilot, he hated being a passenger when he could be in control. Plus, Vala's driving was about as carefree as she could be at times...

"Terrain doesn't look too bad, but depending on what we're looking for out here, we might very well need the wheels just for transport. Any idea what we're even looking for? I mean, I seem to recall looking for a shiny red gem about the size of a bouncy ball and came up with an Ancient and some doohickey we had to finish from Ancient IKEA." Cam asked.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2018, 05:19:18 PM »

Taleeya actually giggled.  She had never been with a group quite like this  and as for a dunny,  she had no idea what that was.  Taleeya squinted her eyes a bit.  Atlantis? She hadn't had the pleasure of visiting there yet,  so she couldn't answer Vala's question.

"ATA gene?" She questioned.   "What is that?"   A grin touched her lips when she saw the machines.  "Now those I would like to learn more about."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2018, 07:35:34 PM »

Cheryl hadn't noticed it before, she looked hard at the screen nodding her head up and down. "I believe you are both correct. I could get Doctor Lee to do an analysis of it before you leave perhaps." The other questions went answered so she moved on as it flowed. "The ATA gene Taleeya is a genome that some humans possess that we understand was passed down through generations from the Ancients when they must have bred with early homo sapiens, or as we say modern man. It allows people such as General O'Neill, Colonel Sheppard and others to manipulate Ancient technology. That was something that always caused the Goa'uld issues when trying to back engineer the Ancient's devices, much of it needed the operator to have that gene." She went through her notes again remembering something from Doctor Bannerman. "Colonel Mitchell, one of the dig teams Linguists found what was translated into Latin as 'fons virtutis'. Which is if I am right is 'the power source." A ZPM maybe?

Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2018, 07:50:45 AM »

Major Fred Rivers
Captain Harly Green

Fred stood up. He was thinking about what was needed to set up a camp. Maybe nothing, at least for his team their large packs, that they hardly took anywhere anymore, were always set for a planned night off world, plus up to 5 nights unplanned.
"Why dont we take a Puddle jumper as well?" He asked. "Two trucks and a Jumper. Give us a bit of air cover and I am sure a jumper is faster anyway." He frowned as he took a closer look at the picture. "Plus if anybody, or anything is home in the tower. Might be helpfull to show up in an ancient ship." He then looked back to the others. "Plus its probobly pointless taking three of the trucks, I dont think we'll need to use thee of them at any point, and if we all need to bang out I am sure we can mount up in just two of them. "But assuming nobody is home it might be worth setting up camp in the control room in the spire, plus probably worth bringing a few naquada generators. I'm not suggesting we fly the city or anything, but its easier to explore when the lights are on." He said with a shrug. He took a moment to look to the colonel, trying to see how he felt about the idea.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2018, 08:44:09 PM »

Vala bit her lip in mock disappointment. "Aww gee." She feigned a genuine let down, but she also knew that driving one of those sixteen geared beasts took some courage and bravado at the same time, which was a lot different to driving her little Lexus hatch. And why did they have two gear sticks? Wasn't one enough, better still they should have been automatic in her opinion. "Puddle Jumper? Do we even have one here that works?" She asked, she'd only ever seen one and the last time she was able to sneak down to that area it was as if it were in the repair shop for the next few decades or more.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2018, 02:37:05 AM »

"Um, no sir. As Miss Doran has pointed out the only Jumper we have is out of service for the time being. We may, or I should say the teams may get lucky; it's been a while since we've found anything of real value lately hasn't it?"
Far Dareis Mai

Veteran52

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Veteran52 is working their way up.Veteran52 is working their way up.Veteran52 is working their way up.
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2018, 02:58:22 PM »

Cooper had sat listening to all of the conversations, while looking at the screen and trying to visualize the area.  When Vala had asked her question, he reddened slightly and decided to tell her later, or, maybe just give a simple"loo" as his response,"Ma'am, what if we have never been tested to see if this gene is present and can it be done before we depart?
Looking to Vala, Cooper simply said"Vala, 'dunney' is simply Aussie slang for a 'Loo!"

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2018, 05:15:19 PM »

"Chief, did you somehow end up spending a long time in Australia and the UK? You answered her question with a slang term Americans also don't use." Denis commented with a wry grin.

"Didn't pick that much up when I was at Lakenheath..." Brian added, before returning his attention to the briefing, "But loading more people isn't an option, Major. Trust me, I said the same thing, no one thought of an unarmed version. Personally, I hate driving them, it's like driving an even more top heavy MRAP. But, we don't fight with the tools we wish we had..." Brian trailed off, relating to a rather poor remark that the Secretary of Defense had made to soldiers asking for uparmored Humvees in Iraq.

"Cooper, you've been here far too long, if you haven't been tested already, you're not going to hold up a mission to do what should've been done YEARS ago." Cam said with finality. "Alright. Three trucks, three teams. We'll go with Fred's assessment and make our base camp at the site itself. Cheryl, tell them when they give us the vehicles to pull all the ammo out of 'em. I mean all of it. We've got 13 people here and SG-7 brought enough firepower for two of them, so if we run into trouble and can't deal with it ourselves, well, we deserve whatever we get. Plus, we'll need the space for base camp gear." Cam said.

"Is there anything else we should cover, or should we go ahead and get geared up?" Cam asked, looking around the room.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2018, 05:37:45 PM »

She couldn't help stifle a decent giggle at the exchanges, well it was typical around SG1 at any one time in their history, she'd read enough reports to know that and watched hours of video on their briefings. "Yes sir Colonel. They can do that in minutes, I'll get Master Chief Sergeant Siler on it immediately. The upper turret ammo is stored in the ceiling anyway so that shouldn't be a problem, but looking at that terrain, as Captain Coffin pointed out we may need to shred some of the weight on top. We can remove the missiles and the actual 30mm turret leaving only the .50 cal sir. The camp gear is already packed on a second MALP sir."
Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2018, 06:41:48 PM »

Major Fred Rivers
Captain Harly Green

Fred looked to Cooper. "If you were in any SF community in 2005 or 6 you would have been checked. And if you had it you would have been recruited for Atlantis." He shrugged.
"I would say lets sort out who's going where, like the colonel said, there ate three teams here, would be pretty dumb if we all sat around in the same place, two teams may as well explore whilst one sets up a camp." In the back of his mind he was thinking about the trucks.None of his team had ever driven anything with more than 4 wheels. He could drive, they all could bar Charlotte, but he knew Americans had to do special courses to drive things and had no idea if these trucks were different in their eyes. And he didnt actully enjoy driving. Though he did love flying puddle jumpers, he was a little suprised they didnt have any seamed a little stupid, last he checked Atlantis had more than enough he wondered where the rest went. But it wasnt his place to argue. But he did have to add. "A Malp is a little slow isnt it?" He said with a frown. "Also if its possible can we take one of the ones with a rail gun in the back?"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2018, 02:02:30 PM »

Taleeya was getting a bit confused by all the talk.  The ATA gene now made a little more sense, but now the weapons talk was getting confusing.  The Jaffa didn't us3 all that.  Everyone else seemed to understand though, so that's what mattered.   She didn't have any further questions so she would just wait to see where they wanted her.

Veteran52

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Veteran52 is working their way up.Veteran52 is working their way up.Veteran52 is working their way up.
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2018, 02:09:43 PM »

Cooper felt like he had been hit in the head with a hammer! He sat and thought.."So, if I had had this gene, I would have been posted to Atlantis..but, because I don't have this frakkin' gene, Im being cut from this mission? He quickly realized that he had spoken to himself a bit louder than he was aware."Colonel, I guess I don't have this gene, as Im sure the Major is correct!  But, my record should speak for itself, even before I joined the SGC.  So, I cant 'commune' with Atlantis..I can still fire a rifle and my marksmanship has never been questioned, Sir!  Im still able to work with this or any other team..I need to 'see' Atlantis..Sir!" Then, quickly looking at his two questioners, Cooper quickly replied.."To answer your questions..Im an 'Aussie-phile!'  I love the country and I was able to take almost 3 weeks leave there, between 'assignments'.  I also love the colloquialisms..'Dunney' and 'loo'..'sheilas'..fair dinkum!! Smiling, he turned back to look at the Colonel.."Sir?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5