Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Stargate Command Level 27~ Officer's Lounge/Beaming room  (Read 3172 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 297
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command Level 27~ Officer's Lounge/Beaming room
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2019, 03:12:05 AM »

There was unusually no fuss nor drama from Cate, she actually and willingly allowed Kim to assist her onto the bed of the gurney. Things were looking up then in the eyes of the base's chief nurse and stitcher upper. "Well I am impressed." Tilting her head up to where Cooper stood with Andy and Mike on the other wheeled contraption, she had to smile just a little. "Do you know the stories of you lot from the Alpha site did make good reading once all the classified files were cleared; I think you could make quite a good television show from your adventures out there back then." And she didn't know the half of it. "Andy if you like I'll get a CT unit set up when we get back. I know that Karen has gone home but I'm fairly handy at running it now." That will help to rule out a lot of things.

"Did you hear that Coops?" Cate managed to say from her backwards position, the pillow was most welcome. "Adventures, well sporting adventures aside there were moments and when all is said and done we did have a ball didn't we? Mike...." She turned her head. "...I think I'll teach you cricket then, we can square it up with the big guy for sure." Was that a wink? Surely not!

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2019, 03:34:09 PM »

Mike gave Coops a grateful nod about keeping the transport as low key as possible, but then replied in a low voice. “I promise you, if you run with this gurney, taking the corners on two wheels, it’ll be bed pan duty for the rest of your life.”
Andy released the brakes with a smile, feeling much better now when Mike was answering back more and more even though his discomfort was still apparent.
Looking over to Kim, he said, “Please do, and if you can run ahead of us and have everything set up for us as we arrive, I’ll owe you. Between Coops and me I think we can handle these two on our own from now on.”
Squinting towards Cate, Mike threw out a hand in an averting gesture, “You already tried that, didn’t work out very well. Too many bruises,” before pointing towards his temple with a hint of a grin, “I remember now…”
Without giving Cate a chance to reply, Andy pushed Mike’s gurney out of the room, heading towards the elevator, confident that Coops would follow suite.

>> To the Infirmary >>
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 12:07:03 PM by NG »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 97
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2019, 05:54:32 PM »

"Cars and driving were never my thing Mike, given the choice I'd rather hoist you on my back if needed and carry you. I think though we're both past that stage in life, unless of course you two want to make a challenge of it?" He could see it now, Andy with Cate on his back, him with Mike and a race through the halls then getting caught by the base CO. Yes, old times were fun up to a point when suddenly you've found you've grown up. "Nice and steady buddy, nice and steady." He half grinned when Cate did mention cricket, there certainly wouldn't be a contest there, for during his high school years in Australia he tried the game and failed miserably.

<<To Infirmary>>
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 04:21:55 PM by Mim »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2019, 12:40:41 AM »

*Radio*

"Andy, Kim. I'm in radiology now, everything is set."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2019, 02:52:18 AM »

The only place left for her to look was here in the Officer's lounge since none of SG4 were in their rooms and none had left the base. Cheryl's guess was right on the money as she entered this hallowed space, at the same time coincidentally that Cate had returned from the Gate room. "Commander I am glad you are here. Colonel Ovcharenko, these are your new orders." She handed over the very official document signed by the Admiral and General O'Neill. "You are to take up command of the UNS Victory forthwith. Her testing trials have been completed and she is ready for service."

"Say what?" Cate stood there perplexed. "So who's going to be our fearless leader then?"

"You are Commander."

"Oh my god!" Cate facepalmed herself.

@VagabonD SerpenT @sorra @Troy
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 10:20:46 PM by Mim »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2019, 06:47:52 PM »

Flynn had been enjoying a bit of downtime.   She had even tried finding her brother, but apparently he was out on a mission.   So that left her here with her team.  Her eyes widened though as they were told the news.  "Congrats to both of you," she grinned.  "I think.  Or should we be worried?"

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2019, 07:49:11 PM »

The team was relaxing in the officer's lounge when Lt Brownwell entered the room. To the surprise of all gathered, she was carrying a set of official orders transferring Colonel Ovcharenko to command of the Victory. William was aware trials were ending soon, but didn't pay much attention to the speculation over her Commanding Officer.

With the promotion of the team's CO that put Cate into the leadership role of SG-4.

"Just remember us grunts on the ground Colonel, while your zipping around in your Starship."

He rummaged around in the fridge for a minute before coming up empty handed.
"I say we go change into something less conspicuous and find a place to celebrate the promotions."

theyoungpope

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • theyoungpope A new starter.
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2019, 02:06:36 AM »

To say that Will would've acquired a few hours of sleep would've been an overstatement; to say that he wanted a bit of coffee to wake up would've been an understatement though. The truth was that he had just returned to the SGC after spending 6 weeks of training at the Alpha site. His room wasn't entirely in order either, the things still lying around in crates and boxes  scattered all across the room, and even if he managed to set up some stuff, in the end those extra hours of sleep were deemed to be of more vital interest.

After taking a quick, cold shower and putting on the base attire, his first task in the early morning was to seek out Lt. Brownwell, as per instructions that appeared in his email. It was easier said than done, considering she wasn't in her room when he stopped by it and after a few yet frantic knocks on the door, the frustrations that came hand in hand became more noticible. "Oh God, I could really use an espresso shot or two..." Will told himself.

Luckily once he paid a visit to the payroll office where she was supposed to be at, Brownwell wasn't there either but at least an SF directed him to the Officer's lounge. He finally managed to catch her at the entrance, much to his relief and his face shone up a little every time a beautiful woman greeted him in the morning. "Lt. Brownwell I assume? I'm Major Lebel, at your service..." he initially said, kissing her hand in the process, as the courtly gentleman he was. "As instructed per email, I am to report to you in the morning at first notice." he said smiling.

Once awaiting her reply, he spotted a set of characters he'd been allowed to preview through a database; His assigned team, SG4. "This is 'Rosey' once again isn't it?". Will couldn't help but draw parallels between the SGC and Institut Le Rosey, as the job descriptions were perhaps radically different but nevertheless both consisted of new people, foreigners in fact, he had to learn to get to know, make useful contacts and friends and so on, which wasn't going to be an issue he hoped.

"Lt. Brownwell, would you like to have a cup of coffee with me some time? Hope it isn't much to ask but besides the fact that I'm about to have these people as members in my first team, I wouldn't mind gaining a friend or two to show me how to handle the ropes, heh." Will asked her after the briefing was over with.

@Mim
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 02:38:11 AM by theyoungpope »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2019, 11:19:42 PM »

The kid was literally knocked off her feet. A thought flashed through her mind on the one hand 'why aren't American guys like this' and then on the other hand she was in a mild state of shock, no one, not in all her entire very short 25 years had anyone treated her with such gentlemanly respect...oh well that didn't include that ever so dreamy country boy who worked at the Candy store in Springs, he was from Nashville, so it was kind of an expectation as far as that went. Such a pity he had moved on to other things, like long distance trucking. "Er, ah..." She stumbled over her tongue, tactfully withdrawing her hand. "Yes I am Major and I'm pleased to meet you. I must say you're early, but that's a good thing you found me here." Looking quite embarrassed still her eyes were drawn to SG-4 for a little help, which was at hand.

"You should be Flynn, hell I'm worried. Whoever in their right mind would put me in that position, right Lena? Sounds like some twisted conspiracy to me." With that in mind she gave Troy a thumbs up. "Well since you mentioned it William, as my first act I'm making you XO mate and you're buying!"  Then a new bloke wandered in, Cate had one ear on her team and the other one Cheryl's with her new companion. As she was but 5 feet away she turned then took a step forward. "Who's your new bud Cheryl?" Ever inquisitive, though she heard it all, confirmation was the key to good intel.

The girl still looked startled as her mouth moved slowly. "Well, um, Wing Commander MacGregor this is Major Wilhelm Lebel, he's only just returned from his Alpha site training and having passed that more than adequately, command felt that he was an appropriate choice to fill out your team numbers."

"Wait? You're putting a rawbone on SG-4? No offense Major." Those blue/green eyes focused on the Lieutenant. "Brownwell this is a not quite how things are done you know, please explain."

While she was used to being put on the spot, being looked down upon by the Aussie could be slightly intimidating. Luckily for Cheryl it had all been worked out in advance. "While on his SG team training ma'am, his class was caught up in the fighting south of the Alpha site, his file is all there if you want to go through with it. He performed above expectations Commander and the decision was made by General O'Neill and Admiral McRaven."

"Hmmm, well we'll just have to see won't we." Cate held out her hand. "Forgive me for my bluntness Major, our team is not quite what you'd expect, we're often doing operations not given to other teams for the exception of SG-1. So you can understand my hesitation. Officially, welcome to SG-4. Behind me is Doctor Flynn Hart our Science Officer and Lieutenant William Troy, team medic and now XO. The redhead there is Colonel Elena Ovcharenko, our former CO and now Captain of the Victory."

Cheryl took a step back. "Major I'll take you up on that, there are a few things I need to go over with you. Say in about an hour?"

@VagabonD SerpenT

theyoungpope

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • theyoungpope A new starter.
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2019, 03:44:46 AM »

"I'm looking forward to that cup of coffee; shall we meet in the caféteria later then?" he told Cheryl with a smile whilst patting her on the shoulder. Now that she was out of the Picture temporarily, it was time to mingle with his team members, oh how exciting this was going to be surely, saving the world and kicking alien butt with these people. Of course there was a lot to live up to, so Will felt that he needed to take every chance at showing what he was capable of.

"No need to apologise, Winger Commander Macgregor. I appreciate those who often speak of the truth, no matter how blunt it may sound. I would also like to extend my congratulations to Col. Ovcharenko here for the promotion; a celebration is in right order in fact. Greetings to you as well Dr. Hart and Lt. Troy." Will stepped forward and kissed the hands of the women, whilst simply shaking hands with the Lieutenant.

"I know still yet have to prove myself to all of you, a worthy member of the team and all, as a battle or two isn't enough. Hopefully in time my efforts and contributions will make themselves known to everyone and that SG4's reputation will be intact." He then paused for a moment to let it all sink in.

"Anyone interested in a Fondue evening in the future?" he asked spontaneously.

@Mim @sorra @VagabonD SerpenT @Troy

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2019, 12:34:41 PM »

Flynn grinned at Cate.  The team was going to get interesting but she had a feeling Will would keep them in line now that he was XO.  She turned as she heard Cheryl and a voice she didn't recognize.

The next shock came when they learned he was their new team member and a gentleman if the kiss to the hand was any indication,  her cheeks reddened a bit.  She wasn't used to men like that.  "Fondue huh? Count me in,"

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2019, 03:39:12 PM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Elena was enjoying the rare case of a downtime given to her team, especially since it was going to run out quite soon and more missions, possibly suicidal, would follow. To get the most of the stress out of her system and recharge for what's about to come, she was chilling out in the lounge with the rest of her team, engaged in a lively chatter and laughter. But enter Cheryl Brownwell and instead of a hello drop a bomb. Lena rushed from her chair and snatched the clipboard, leafing through three pages long document, hearing confirmation of what that young Lieutenant was saying.

"Yeah, Cate, it clearly says it here - I am to take command of our newest ship, and you are to finally stop stepping onto my toes and fill into my shoes instead...

Russian felt the urge to join her friend, who had just turned into former XO, in a facepalm, but the utter feeling of joy had her overwhelmed and her eyes glistening and sparkling like a necklace of diamonds. Her quiet talks and prayers were answered at the very long last, and she was going to be able to fly around that lovely space, dark and deep, exploring the secrets it has to keep, and it would be her ship to fly around, her own. The others in the room were not going to leave the woman in the state of dreaming with a silly beam on her face, however, and congratulations shot out.

"Thank you, Flynn, and yeah, you ought to be worried..."

A smug grin sneaked on Elena's face as she imagined what kind of a commanding officer Cate is going to be.

"Don't worry, Will, I won't. You, in turn, don't forget to video Cate's epic fails as she tries to be me, and send them over to me regular, you hear?" She giggled under her breath. "But, yeah, you're right, it does call on a trip someplace to celebrate right now, because after that I'm going to have a lot of reading to go through... Heck, I might even consider wearing a dress tonight!"

She laughed just before an entirely new face waltzed onto the scene.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 03:41:00 PM by VagabonD SerpenT »
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2019, 03:41:55 PM »

((I have no idea WTF is going on, but until we fix the problem, big posts are no-no and are to be split like I am doing it here))

The silence hung in the air for a little while, and Lena's eyebrows climbed up toward her hair, bemused, as she watched the man introduce himself and kiss Cheryl's hand like in some old movie. The situation defused quickly, though. Cate was finally past her facepalm phase and went into a blurry of orders and questions like she was in command already. Wait, Elena told herself, she IS in command now.

Perplexed that the newcomer went and outright kissed hands of all the women he met caught Elena off-guard and she was unable to jerk her hand back when he pulled the same trick on her. She balled it in a fist and back into a palm several times trying to get rid of the weird sensation. Chivalrous or not, it was an intrusion into personal space of someone who's getting shot at daily for money, by someone who is a total stranger, so it was his luck that she was, after all, ready to tame her instincts and not kick him one. Redhead did however gave him an evil eye before finding strength to soften her reaction and speaking back.

"Thank you, Major. And, Cate, looks like your team ain't going to be all-female ever again like it used to be. Unless we fix a thing... Or two... In here."

She let the newcomer know with her eyes and a smile that it was just a joke, aimed to add a bit more cheer in the air, while her mind went spinning. She never expected this position, so it was now a hell lot of a catch up job. What class of the ship Victory was? What was she capable of? What made her tick? Who's on the crew? Does she have any choice in who's going to be XO, Chief of Security, Chief Engineer? And what would be her first mission? Plus there was that tiny sting of her Motherland watching how she'd be captaining that ship.

"Heck, guys, let's go get a really strong drink before my head spins off of my neck. Oh, and does anybody know what kind of ship Victory is exactly and how bad I will have my arse whipped if we go rogue to some distant stars?"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 03:49:42 PM by VagabonD SerpenT »
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2019, 08:15:18 PM »

Not only did the departure of Elena elevate Cate to the position of team leader, but the Commander turned around and promoted Troy to team XO. It made sense, of the remaining team members he was the most experienced, but like the other revelations it came as a surprise.

He smiled at Elena's response to his comment.
"Will do Colonel, or should I call you Captain? I'll add a GoPro to the equipment load, and send you the footage when the Victory comes in comm range of Earth. 

He then addressed being made second in command.
"XO, huh. Aye, Aye Commander. Guess I can now bark orders and patch you up when things go sideways."

About then a new face walked in the door, who according to Lieutenant Brownwell was the newest addition to SG-4. The leadership certainly didn't waste any time, he knew of a few instances with the 'real' military where it took a month or more for vacancies to be filled.

"Welcome to the team Major. I'm Lieutenant William Troy, United States Air Force."

The man's accent was European, but he couldn't quite place the origin. He thought about asking, but was sure that info would come out during the course of the evening.

"Since I'm buying, I recommend the Dusty Dragon. Not a mainstream establishment but the owner's prior military. There's a chance we can get the side room, or at least a corner booth."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2019, 08:36:18 PM »

Still feeling slightly taken aback, Cheryl faltered out a reply as best as she could. "Well sir if I have time I'd like that." She had to admit he did have something about him, although the age factor might make her have second thoughts later on. Still it'd be nice to talk to someone new. "I must go, I'll see you all later and Colonel Ovcharenko, Commander MacGregor, congratulations to you both." Making a hasty retreat with a blush on her cheeks, Cheryl moved as if she had somewhere important to go.

Pulling her hand away slowly from the Major, she felt odd, but not in a bad way. "Funny kid that one." Cate said earnestly after the girl left. "Par for the course Major because you're likely to hear me say many things I really shouldn't then find myself having to apologise for it later on. The old saying applies, putting my mouth into gear while the brain is in neutral or something to that effect."

One thing for certain she was going to miss Lena, they'd been a team for near on four years now and that was going to be hard to ignore. She gave her a warm hug, one of many over the years as they had watched each other's back, either one saving the other's neck more times than both of them could count. "Bugger all that Lena, I am going to miss you, you know that." She didn't want to dwell on all the other factors, her head was swimming enough already. "Victory is sister ship to the Dreadnought, so the same I'd say although I believe she's said to be slightly faster as they made changes after the Dread was proven." She looked around at all of them smiling innocently. "Well change is on the wind and I suppose it had to happen sooner rather than later, but we're balanced at least, two for two. Worried? I think we should be." She had no time for all this gender nonsense, if they could do the job, that was all that counted.

It was a lot to take in all at once, emotions were filled with events. "You'll get the picture soon enough Major as to how we operate so you'll get your chance. And I'm sorry to rain on our own parade here, but we are on duty for the time being so the rest and recreation may have to wait a bit. Hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone tonight if we're not called away, that is if the Dusty Dragon serves Fondue."

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8