Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Atlantis~ Arrivals in orbit  (Read 1148 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 234
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Atlantis~ Arrivals in orbit
« on: September 29, 2016, 06:04:19 PM »

Above the skies of Atlantis, often ships will come and go. This is where they report their presence.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
Re: Atlantis~ Arrivals in orbit
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 12:03:35 AM »

A small flash of light was visible for a brief moment just as the AC401, , appeared just a few miles from the orbit of the planet where Atlantis is. It flew a long single line as it tilted to one angle toward the atmosphere just passing a few clouds. When Atlantis came into view, both pilots Aria and Jon noted the Dreadnought just sitting cross from two piers. The sun was just starting to go down. Aria noticed a little chop on the water against the pier as the wind was whipping up a bit.

Before Aria could toggle the radio, she noted another 401 just sitting there on the pier as well. She recognized it as the Spirit of Liberty, Satterfield's bird. Speaking into the radio, she called the tower control, "This is Commander Israel. We are coming in. Who's picking this up?"
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 02:35:39 AM »

"Thanks Doc, that will do the trick." Jordan said to Reese just before they left, then throwing the two Tylenol down with a cup of water. By the time they had arrived, she was in far less pain, so much so she was eager to get back to work, well at least limited work as could be with her arm in a sling for a few days. She expected she would have to be cleared by Jennifer at some point though. First things first was to catch up with Sheppard.

Looking out the window, she saw Atlantis for the first time (other than instructional videos). The sight of it in the late afternoon sun was jaw droppingly beautiful. "Now that is some sight to see isn't it?" She said to no one in particular.
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 02:59:42 AM »

*Radio*
 "Copy that Commander. This is gate technician Amelia Banks ma'am, you are cleared to land south west pier, pad 7 just behind the Spirit of Liberty. Over."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 08:47:11 AM »

Reese smiled a bit.  "Just be careful how much you use that arm," she cautioned.  She had a feeling it was pretty bad and needed to be tended to properly.  She looked over her shoulder to look out the window.  "It is quite pretty," she answered Jordan.  She hadn't really been at Atlantis long, but she had to admit, she was ready to pick up Gizmo and maybe finally get that cup of tea that she had been offered before she had been whisked away to this mission.

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 02:57:41 PM »

John looked over his commander seemed quite hurt but then again she was strong.
He was sure she would be ok once they got into the city anyway.
The city of which certainly looked amazing from up here seeing it for the first time.

"Hey Reese you know much about the city?" he asked the doctor curious what she knew about the territory below them

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 04:58:14 PM »

"Roger, headed there now," Aria responded to the technician as Jon took gently piloted the 401 down to the designated pier.

Aria turned to Jordan and responded, "We're here Commander. Setting her down

Dylan entered just a moment ago as she inquired curiously, I heard the chatter. Are we almost there?" She wondered if they were headed toward Atlantis. She heard about the place, but never been there. She also added, "Also, about the creature called "The One", are we going to do something about him? Because I don't trust him. She shrugged feeling a bit indifferent.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 03:01:23 PM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 01:52:36 AM »

This is why you put senior pilots in jobs like this, guiding the newbies on their first hard landing. Fairly simple for an experienced pilot, even simpler for either an ex Harrier pilot or helo pilot as the majority of 401 Captains were. The bump was gentle, hardly noticeable to Jordan which told her that Jon was going to mold into a great XO for her. Already out of the seat behind Jon, with just a small amount of fiddling, she tapped both Aria and Agathon on the shoulder before she went in back. "Great job, both of you." Then as she passed her Marine. "Valentine with me please." Down the four steps she went.

"Reese, I'll be okay, but I will check in with you soon. I'd advise making your way to the infirmary." She held her hand on Reese's shoulder for a moment. A symbol of friendship sealed. Then, it was The One. "You I'm calling Sparky, you're with me." Her intention was to hand him over to base security, which would be Lorne if she remembered correctly. Finally Dylan. "Aria, Jon. When you're shut down could you take Dylan to see Woolsey please." Then she was out the door.

<<To Security Office>>
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 08:28:50 AM »

Reese looked over at Valentine with a head shake.  "I really don't know anything about the city.  This is the first time I've been here and I wasn't here long before being called out." She was curious about it though.  She smiled at Jordan, hoping she had made a new friend.  It would be nice to have a friend here. "Alright.  I'll head that way and see if I can check on Gizmo too.  Take care," she said, turning to head for the infirmary.

<<to infirmary>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 11:27:52 PM »

*radio*

"Noted Commander. Please have you and your crew report to the gate room thank you. Banks out."
Far Dareis Mai

Melee_Magthere

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Melee_Magthere A new starter.
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 01:33:57 AM »

-The One-

After they have arrived to Atlantis, The One watched the planet with interest. It looked quite nice and much more bigger than his own. Blue – blue everywhere. Maybe a little too much blue for his approval. ”I'm not Sparky or anything else. You will call me The One.” He snarled, not quite liking these humans.

<< To Security Office >>
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 01:36:27 AM by Melee_Magthere »

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 11:26:07 AM »

"Understood" said John nodding at his commander

The planet looked certainly amazing as did the city and he could not wait to explore.
He hoped he got along with the people that had made their home in this galaxy though it might end up being difficult.

"Where do we start?" he asked not sure how things were done in this new galaxy

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 04:44:27 PM »

When Aria passed the One, she heard a passing comment. With a smirk, she responded"Hey. Sparky. She'll call you whatever she wants, okay? It's her prerogative."

Turning to Jordan, Aria responded, "Yes, Ma'am. If I don't see any problems down the road, that is," She turned toward Dylan and was referring to her attitude.

Dylan scoffed as she walked over to her bag and was about the pick it up. Aria grabbed her arm, which contained a little more muscles than she did herself, and stopped her from picking the bag. Dylan glowered at Aria with a growl. Aria responded, "Leave it. Security will have to look over it before handing the contents over to you. Base protocol. Come on."

Back in the cockpit, Jon finished the final check ups and the shut down of the 401 as per Jordan's order. Satisfied that it was put in its perfect spot, Jon got up and rushed out the door just as Aria responded, "Lieutenant, take the six. We'll head for the transporter to take her to see the base commander."

"Yes Ma'am," Jon responded as Dylan was brought up from the rear out of the 401.

Dylan was still pretty upset, but she kept her face sullen as she was walked out. Aria responded putting her hand on her shoulder trap, "Hey, Dysun. Smile! You have special privileges of meeting Mr. Woosley instead of going straight to the security office."

Dylan exhaled and shrugged her hand off as Aria feel back into the rear and tried to keep from laughing as she covered her mouth. Jon looked at her curiously, but Aria shook her head and exhaled a sigh.

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis~ Arrival of Hermes
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2018, 01:51:24 AM »

<Hermes- bridge>

The journey was around four hours, they were still not quite home with about another hour or so traveling. That suited everyone as it allowed just that much more rest time before the next big event came to them. Along the way after eating and changing Jordan was feeling well enough to talk. (There was also a decent dose of throat spray from the Hermes medic that helped)

"Their world won't survive Valentine it is really as simple as that. It might take a month, or even a year, but for them the temperature will keep plummeting downwards, our scans showed us when the Dreadnought was here that within just ten days it will be minus 70 degrees, within a month it will be minus 200 degrees and falling." She had of course been thinking about this for some time now. "No mortal creature, not even the much vaunted El'Dari could withstand that, let alone the Tamoran's animals."

@Shadowlord @Veteran52 @DanielRyder
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 05:11:14 PM »

Jon came out of hiding well dressed and showered. After suffering a bit of a bout against the cold, he won just after visiting the Hermes' medic. She prescribed him some kind of medicine that seemed to lessened his cold and the team XO felt a bit better.

Walking into the bridge, Jon sniffed wiping his nose with his arm. Exhaling a sigh, he walked across the room headed toward the viewscreen. They were orbited over Atlantis. Listening to the Commander about Tamora, he responded with a sigh, "I guess there goes my plan for a house somewhere on Tamora. It was a nice enough planet with lots of snow." It wasn't a joke, exactly. He loved snow. A lot.

Clearing his throat, he covered several coughs with his fist and inquired, "So, what's the plan?" She may have said it, but it didn't hurt to go over a few things again before the next jump.

@Mim @Shadowlord @Veteran52

Character List

Pages: [1] 2