Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Atlantis base: Security office  (Read 1487 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis base: Security office
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 07:40:49 PM »

After speaking briefly with Amelia, Abi made her way down one level to her new security office, for even though she had been here on and off the last two days the space needed a lot of work as it had been left idle for almost a month or more. A lot of dust had gathered in that time, things were scattered here and there.

On her way down she was intently reading some notes Amelia had given her, she turned the corner without looking up and went bang straight into someone knocking him down as obviously he was also preoccupied. Abi was up first, she went to the rather handsome man extending her hand. "I am such a dill, please forgive me." She told him. Her Aussie/Kiwi accent and slang as clear as a church bell.

@sorra
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 09:07:05 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 08:16:27 PM »

Rob was enjoying his downtime in Atlantis.   It wasn't often that he was able to get off the Dread, but this was a nice change.  He had grabbed a book while in down for some of his downtime and was absently reading the prologue to the mystery when he was knocked flat on his back.

Rob blinked in shock and slowly looked up the long legs that were in front of him until he found a pair of gorgeous eyes staring down at him.   "No worries," he said, accepting her hand up.  "I should have been paying attention myself."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 09:06:25 PM »

"Oh crap." Abi said under her breath as she read the man's patch on his flight jacket. "You stupid drongo. You would have to pick a Captain and a pilot at that." With her strong hand she helped him on his feet. "No sir, the fault is mine, I was far too absorbed in my thing. Happens too often I guess, not long before I was recruited to the Program I walked straight into a shop door because I couldn't get my face out of my phone. It won't happen again." He was right down gorgeous, Abi could almost feel her heart pumping; she'd better get her thing together. "Sergeant Abigail Lawson, I'm the new Security Chief. My friends call me Abi or Able." She did manage a decent smile for him.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 09:59:17 AM »

Rob was shocked and pleased at the same time by her strong grip.  He dusted his jeans off once he was on his feet, glad to be able to run around in his boots and jeans for a bit.  He was missing having his cowboy hat though as right now he could really go for having the brim to hide his face while he got his composure back.  It wasn't like he usually had issues talking to people, but there was something about her.

"Really? You ran into a door? Ouch.  I'm thinking I should stop trying to read while walking before I do that too," he commented, snagging his book from the floor.  "Captain Robert Henschel.   Most call me Rob.  Pleasure to meet you, Abi."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 10:28:26 PM »

"Door, bus stop, several people. Yeah I'm easily distracted by our little devices. Pleased to meet you Rob, say don't mind me I can be pretty direct. But where did you get that damned sweet sexy accent? You know back where I come from just hearing you speak would make most women melt. I know that first hand because that was my reaction when I went to a Tim McGraw concert last year." Work? What work? "Oh and if my accent is confusing, I was born a Kiwi but I've spent the last best years of my life in Oz." That bit she added with a grin.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2018, 03:43:59 PM »

Rob cringed.  "Well that just sounds painful.  We might have to keep those little devices from you," he smiled crookedly.  He felt himself flushing a bit.  "Thank you.  I'm from good ole Tennessee, home of country music and moonshine," he said with a shake of his head.  He had seen the effect of moonshine on people.  "Don't think I've ever had a girl melt at my feet of give me such a compliment.   That is quite a combo.  I like it though. " he had wondered why be couldn't place it.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2018, 02:30:57 AM »

Her eyes went wide. If there was one single dot on the world map Abi had ever wished to see and visit, that was Nashville Tenn. She could throw in Memphis as well. "Seriously! Oh my god really you are impressing me every minute we stand here chatting. You know just for coming from that part of the world I could ask you to autograph my knickers, but I guess around here that might be seen as a tad too much. I grew up on Country, lived and breathed it for as far back as I can remember. I don't mind a bit of rock either but my ears are always turned towards that twang. Know what I mean?" She thought for a moment. "Well just take my word for it then." Abi showed her all to perfect teeth in a wide smile. She wondered if she should tell him she could sing a bit, or would that be pushing it a little far.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2018, 07:24:48 PM »

Rob was shocked that Abi seemed so excited about Tennesse.  "Was only to Nashville a couple times.  Grew up in Memphis on a farm."  His eyes widened, not sure how to react to her next words.  "Ah yeah maybe.  Must say no girl has ever said that to me," he said in embarrassment.  "I've had many a horses who love country music.  Of course I do too.  My old horse loved country.  I even taught him to dance," he admitted, not sure why he had said any of that.  He had to smile.  She was pretty and dang it if she didn't make him say more then he should.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2018, 01:25:24 AM »

"Tell you what Rob, if we ever are home on Earth at the same time, I'll take you to Tamworth the Aussie home of country music and you can take me to both Nashville and Memphis. After all I think every lover of good music would always want to make that pilgrimage to Elvis's home wouldn't they?" That was on Abi's bucket list for sure. She promised her parents that somehow one day she'd take them there.

They chatted for a while longer until she knew she had to get into her work and there was the thing that Colonel Sheppard. "Rob how long do you have leave? There is something I need to do for Colonel Sheppard, you could tag along if you like." Talk of horses, well that could come later of course.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2018, 05:55:41 PM »

Rob nodded. "Deal.  I've always wanted to do some traveling like that.  And Nashville is awesome."  He chose not to comment on Memphis as not everything from there was good.  He laughed a bit, surprising even himself as he wasn't one to laugh much.  "That is true.  I would have to say most country fans would agree with you there."

He glanced at his watch. "I still have a few hours leave," he answered.  He wasn't looking forward to going back to the Dreadnought yet.  Not that he didn't love it, but it was nice to be in one place for a bit.  "If you're sure, that sounds good.  I don't have anything else going on," he answered with a slight smile.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2018, 02:12:00 AM »

While things didn't always go so smoothly for someone when you found yourself in new surroundings, Abi right now was tickled pink that her arrival had gone so smoothly thus far. She had never expected to meet someone who apparently managed to tick all the boxes for her in every department, that made settling in ever so easy when it did happen. "Have you ever woken up from a nights sleep thinking that your day was going to be such a good one? When I woke up this morning, meeting you Rob and well I have to say it, hitting it off so well with you was the furthest thing from my mind. So yeah, we have a deal. Now we or at least I have some work to do and to be sure, I'd love the company." Earlier she had gone through the base security files, so she knew who to call. "Just a moment."

Tapping her radio Abi called her team, whom thus far she hadn't met. "Sergeant DiNozzo and Corporal Kermis please report to the Security office."

@DanielRyder
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2018, 08:53:24 AM »

Rob was still shocked that it felt so easy to talk to Abi.   That wasn't normal for him.  Growing up as the youngest he had buckled down to try to make life easier.   And then in college he hadn't had time for games, so needless to say he didn't have a lot of friends.   He nodded.  "A couple of times.   Have to admit my day is looking much better.   It started out crazy."  First he had to return that crazy broad's pack and then he had walked in on her in just a towel.  What a mess.  Although meeting Abi was great.  "Take your time."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2018, 09:37:10 PM »

They were on their way to the security office when their radio chimed. Alfredo DiNozzo smirked while Levi Kermis tapped his radio and responded with a serious face, "Yes, ma'am. On our way." He turned to Alf and responded bluntly, "That was our new Security Chief. She's waitin-"

He stopped speaking as he looked at Alf and listened to his mocking tone. DiNozzo replied to him only, "Oh, no, really? I didn't know that. Like my radio didn't work. I defer to your wisdom. Like we weren't already on our way there to surprise her?"

Levi sighed shaking his head and spoke, "I'm sorry, sarge. If I had known-"

"Forget it," Alf exhaled sharply ignoring his friend. His pace was quick and steady toward the office. He inquired as Levi struggled to catch up, "You know anything about her?"

Levi shrugged"I don't know. I didn't read much of her bio. Just her name and rank. Sergeant Abigail Lawson."

Crossing the four way corridor, Alf sighed muttering almost loudly, "Is she hot?"

Fortunately for both, only Levi was within earshot so he shot him a look and spoke in a startled tone, Sergeant!" He hissed softly.

"Huh," he turned to his friend and flashed a mischievous grin, "Oh, sorry, did I say that out loud? Forget I said that."

Approaching the office, Alf regained his composure and made sure his uniform was straight. The door opened as both of them saluted to their new Atlantis Chief. Alfredo responded, Sergeant DiNozzo reporting as ordered, ma'am!"

@Mim
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2018, 02:21:04 AM »

"Crazy yeah, that's how I would put it." Abi brushed passed him not intentionally close, not really but a casual observer may have taken it otherwise, thinking she was sending out signals. Well of course she was. She moved further passed him to greet her team.

Standing there easily with her arms folded until they came to her. She was setting the pecking order. "And I assume Corporal Kermis. Thank you both for responding so quickly, I am as you most likely already know Sergeant Abigail Lawson, Australian Army Military Police. I guess for your information that is all you need to know for the moment, I also have a background in Civilian law enforcement just so you know. My companion here is Captain Robert Henschel from the Dreadnought, he's been so kind to help me settle in." The worst she could right then was to smile at Rob, so she merely nodded in his direction.

"Now to the reason I called you other than to get to know each other. We've been tasked with setting up a training area in the lower levels of the city for the purpose of team work ups and tactical theories to be hashed out for our inevitable confrontation with the Vanir. To do this, we will secure off sub levels 3 and 4 of the East pier, set them up as we would any special forces training zone complete with mock up targets and maze systems. Are we quite clear on the objective?" Hopefully she wasn't boring Rob up the wall completely at this point.

@sorra @DanielRyder
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2018, 07:54:49 PM »

Rob straightened a bit in surprise as Abi brushed against him.  Was that intentional? He really didn't know, but he kinda hoped she did.  He stood quietly as part of her team joined them.  They looked competent enough.

"Pleasure to meet you both," he said with a slight nod.  He listened quietly as Abi explained what needed done.  His blue eyes widened a bit.  Wow, she had her hands full.  He didn't know much about the Vanir but they didn't sound good.  Did they have enough support here?
Pages: 1 [2] 3