Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: UNS Dreadnought~Bridge  (Read 7986 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 311
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: UNS Dreadnought~Bridge
« Reply #180 on: March 03, 2019, 11:03:36 PM »

<Forward Bridge>

The woman was strangely in an agreeable mood, a rare occasion and one that her crew should take advantage of. All but one thing, sitting here doing nothing. That soured in her mouth badly.

The two of them were now in the main part of the bridge, near the CIC station next to Aria. "I agree, after hearing some of the earlier reports from our briefing with Woolsey, it doesn't feel like its in their MO to be leaving any survivors at all. Commander Israel, tell O'Connel he has two hours and two hours only to get a team on the ground and do what they can. Their primary mission will be first and foremost to find anything in the way if intel on these Vanir. Left behind weapons, armor, anything. Finding survivors as cruel as this sounds will be secondary as neither Mister Hunter or I believe they will."

@DanielRyder
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 12:49:09 AM by Mim »

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2019, 12:11:05 AM »

"Yes, ma'am," the ship's XO nodded. Turning to the comm, Aria attempted to raise the Rabaul starting with his new orders, "Commander O'Connel, you have two hours to get a team on the ground and do what they can. Your primary mission will be first. That is to find intel on these Vanir. Anything of strategic importance or if they've left behind weapons, armor, anything. Finding survivors is secondary,"

Aria paused to process the words that came out of her mouth. It wasn't right, but those were their orders. It was cold, but it is the way of it. She finished her message, "That will be all, Commander. Good luck." She sighed as the message was sent and awaited their reply.

Kara, El'Dari Warrior

From the other end of the bridge, the tall El'Dari warrior gracefully entered the bridge. Moments ago, as Kara looked outside, she saw that the Dreadnought had landed. She hadn't really left the ship. Not when she felt she could offer her services. Looking around the bridge, she looked for the highest ranked officer in the area. Discovering her in the center of the bridge, the El'Dari approached her and spoke, "Colonel. We haven't met, but I was in that briefing earlier. My name is Kara. I was wondering if I could be of service?"
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #182 on: April 08, 2019, 07:01:44 PM »

Time had passed, far too much time and as far as Lily was concerned they needed to be in a more prepared situation for whatever might prevail in the next few hours, or at best a day. Given the activity of the Vanir over the last 24 hours, she couldn't envisage them doing anything less than launching an attack either directly at Atlantis, or one of their close allies and that she felt could well be the El'Dari. "Commander, Mister Hunter I want both of you to speak to Engineering and find out if it might be to our advantage to hook up some portable Naquada generators to our weapons and shield system. I want every trick in the book possible to give us an edge."

She turned to the woman when spoken to. "I do remember you being there Kara, may I ask can you tell me what we can expect your people to provide in the way of defensive and indeed offensive aid in this oncoming battle we are about to face? Make no mistake, I see this as a bloody war coming to confront us whether we try to avoid it or not. Have your people tried to negotiate with the Vanir?"

@Cipherhornet18 @DanielRyder

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
« Reply #183 on: April 09, 2019, 10:38:07 PM »

Lt/Commander Aria Israel

Aria nodded listening to Lilly, "Yes, Colonel." They had to get this done and down, soon. Watching the El'Dari warrior standing before Lilly for a bit, she turned to Hunter and inquired, "Shall we get down there, chief?"

Kara, El'Dari Warrior

"Yes. The El'Dari will be sufficient enough to aid us in battle, Colonel. We have tried in the past to talk with the Vanir, but they failed. They proved to be unwilling," Kara sighed and added, "we can put additional troops on your ships if you require it, all of our combat teams are well versed in ship boarding and repelling enemy force operations. I can lead them, of course."

The stances of both women stood strong on the bridge as if they were of a commanding presence. Aria didn't feel it, but she knew she had to get some stuff done. Kara stood to attention, always awaiting the command.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 12:09:25 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2019, 02:08:37 AM »

*Radio*

"Dreadnought, Radovic. Beam me to the bridge, place the ship on power ready for commitment to Hyper space within 30 minutes."

@DanielRyder

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #185 on: May 09, 2019, 12:17:08 PM »

Lt/Commander Aria Israel, Dreadnought XO

For the past minute or so, Aria walked around the bridge checking the stations. She had been sitting down, so not wanting to let her leg muscles get lazy, she stretched a bit. Next to the station she observed, a radio gathered her attention. Walking over to it, she pressed the button and listened to her CO.

"Roger, Ma'am. Beaming," She ended the communications and activated the beaming device. At the same time, she turned and spoke, "All hands. Power ready," As she finished, the Dreadnought's systems powered up to be ready for their CO to beam onboard. They were ready to go.

Crossing her arms behind her back, Aria watched for the telltale sign of the Asgard beaming device.

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #186 on: July 30, 2019, 08:32:25 PM »

<<From MT4-U67 Danwellen>>

Licking her wounds the mighty Dread made it to home base safely without further incident, Lily had the helm the entire way, virtually alone in the bridge as everyone else including the AR teams assisted with the clean up and taking care of the wounded.

On arrival, the refugees under the care of Doctor Beckett were sent down to the Athosians, for the time being after Teyla spent an hour with them before returning to the ship, Doctor Beckett remained behind on the Mainland with nearly all of Teyla's people now safely headed for the cave complex in the foothills of the mountain range. That was their refuge until the oncoming storm in the guise of the Vanir had passed.

Now in orbit over Atlantis, Lily made her return announcement. "Attention all crew, we are now home again for the next short while. From me personally as your Captain I want to say thank you and a job well done. You have all exceeded my expectations and there will be a number of citations going forward. Other than duty crews, the ship is in 'stand down' mode and if you wish to visit Atlantis you may do so via the usual requests to your duty officer."

Teyla had only just returned when the Captain had made her announcement, it made her feel immensely proud to serve among the people she now considered family. Standing with her team she couldn't help projecting a beaming smile. "I'm saddened we couldn't find more, although Carson assures me we did find all of those remaining and he did find his notes. That has to be good. The question remains now, what will come next?"

@Cipherhornet18 @Ellen_Ripley @DanielRyder @Teddy @DeDarkstar @NG

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #187 on: July 31, 2019, 01:23:06 AM »

"Well," Sheppard said, "We make sure that the data Lorne and his men got was good, which Rodney and Zalenka were decoding before we left. Once we've got that intel, we pay the Vanir a visit and put a boot up their backsides."

"You really think that'll work?" Ronon asked.

"As a matter of fact, I do. It better, anyways." Sheppard replied.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 102
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #188 on: July 31, 2019, 08:06:23 PM »

Some days things work out for the best, they didn't come often yet when they did you were grateful for small miracles. Today was one of those as Carson had to spend only forty minutes with the refugees and Athosians before one of Teyla's people insisted it be better for them to carry on where he began and that he should return to his duties where he will be needed far more critically than with them.

After many thanks and a few hugs, he requested a beam up with his research firmly tucked away in a pocket, the good Doctor reappeared once again. He had just caught Ronon's words and John's reply. "What will work Colonel?" He was curious as to what that might entail.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #189 on: August 05, 2019, 06:28:37 PM »

Lieutenant Aria Israel

Main Deck - Bridge

Aria was only halfway to the bridge when the captain made the return announcement. Steel-toed, medum heeled boots hit the floor that echoed in a quiet corridor. Bringing her head down for a slight moment as a twinge of a small migrane attacked briefly, she massaged the top of her nose between the eyes. Their mission did indeed go well, not forgetting a few casulties they incurred from the Vanier clones.

Upon entering the Bridge swiftly, she straightened her posture, wrapped her arms behind her back and took a quick sweep around the bridge with her hazelnut colored eyes. Seeing her commanding officer all by her lonesome in the chair, the first officer approached, "Colonel. I am here to relief you and to give you a small briefing. Ninety- five percent of systems are back online with just a few repairs to do in soe of the passageways. The A4 Port 3 is still blocked. The debris should be cleared within an hour.

Aria paused for a few seconds to reshift her positioin on the floor. After looking at the viewscreen, she looked at Lily and added, "On that note of visiting Atlantis, I might put the request myself to visit. Unless you require me to stay onboard, I'd to make the use of my time and help prepare for whatever comes, ma'am."

Character List

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #190 on: August 11, 2019, 02:44:33 PM »

"Taking the fight right to the Vanir's front door." John replied, "Look, as much as I'd like to continue all this speculation, let's get back down and find out if the other team had any luck. And if we have an alliance or not."

"This is everyone's fight. If they want to sit it out, they'll just be easy prey for the Vanir if we fall." Ronon commented.

"Not everyone sees it that way. Remember that inquisition we had to sit through a few years back?" Sheppard replied with a look.

"Doesn't mean they were right. Or that they weren't morons." Ronon shrugged.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2019, 11:05:54 PM »

Everyone she knew was anxious for a spot of leave, that included herself. Yet Lily knew also their work was only half done at this stage, they Vanir were still out there and on a percentage basis from what they knew of their fleet, they had only accounted for a very small portion of that fleet. "Aria you have the deck. Stay on top of the clean up and make sure we're ready to go withing 8 hours, we can only hope we have that long. I'll be down with Woolsey and the others trying to come up with something as per Colonel Sheppard's diabolical little plan." She tilted her head his way before joining him, Ronon, Teyla and Doctor Beckett. "You can take some leave in the city once the ship is all squared away and providing you have something here in your place." She had to add that if only as a matter of course.

"Kick the door down John. I think Ronon we may need to borrow some of that Irish luck I once heard mentioned in connection with General O'Neill. I'm not sure what it means for us but I do know our friends from Earth hold a great store in things like that." It wasn't often she became philosophical, Teyla did have her moments. "Carson what will you do in this case? You have a great many people to deal with now, I do hope you're not considering going on this mission as well?" Her main concern was leaving Atlantis bereft of staff, particularly medical staff. There was the possibility that if wherever they go to, wounded may have to be sent back here via the Stargate.

Lily overheard the comment, she had to say something. "Teyla is right Doctor. A full on battle is no place for you, even if you have proven yourself more than good enough to take care of yourself." Her eyes were directed towards McKay at this point. "Doctor McKay, I had a thought, we know there are several abandoned worlds out there. What is the feasibility of taking a Stargate and DHD and installing it on the Dreadnought?"

@Ellen_Ripley @DanielRyder @Teddy

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!
« Reply #192 on: August 13, 2019, 02:12:58 AM »

Rodney turned to Lilly and gave her a quick grin
"Well, if the transporter is still working, we should be good to go, we may have to go and check on it first, don't want to beam a dud up, and make sure nobody has messed with it, I think there is one within range.....P6Y 928F, if memory serves me correctly"

He tapped away on his tablet

"Should take us about thirty minutes to get there"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 102
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2019, 06:42:32 PM »

Carson's concerns were tenfold. He knew the score, while he could wish for all his life to be everywhere at once, he was smart enough to know how much of a fairy tale dream that was. "Reluctantly I agree with you both. I want this promise from you all, if you can get that Stargate operational on the ship and you have wounded that I'm going to assume are many, send them immediately back to us." He wasn't in charge medically, he was sure in this case he was speaking for Jennifer, knowing her so well. "Carrie is going with you I take it."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 06:45:59 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2019, 08:32:01 PM »

Lieutenant/Commander Aria Israel

"YEs, ma'am. Good luck with the briefing," the XO responded.

Watching her leave, Aria turned to seat herself on the chair. Taking a few moments to herself, she had to process the events that happened before to think for the future. It was uncertain, but if it comes, she would be prepared for it and for the worst that could come. The Vanir just couldnt go way. Fighting those clones really made her think and she didn't know what was worse.

From then forward, the next eight hours couldn't come sooner.

Character List

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]