Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Stargate Command-Level 21-Chapel  (Read 6400 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 317
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command-Level 21-Chapel
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2014, 02:36:30 AM »

Cate took on an apologetic face, she had just returned, reunited with her mother, and her husband as well and now she had to leave again. She cast her eyes down for a moment, then shook the ill feeling away, then looked up at both of them, speaking generally; there was nothing she could really say privately to her mother right now. "Pleasure to meet you to Francis, although...Mum, I'm sorry, this is terrible, we should be spending a rather long time together. I assume you know already, there is trouble out there and Sean...I mean the Admiral has put me on ops as soon as I have been cleared, which your new Doctor has already done."

She looked hard at Francis, then it dawned on her. "CIA, Langley right?"

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 104
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2014, 05:59:30 PM »

"What? Cate you've just come back to us from who knows where!" Anne said in a burst of anger. "Sean has lost his marbles surely? Why you? Sweetheart no, this is absurd." Tears began forming in her eyes, she wasn't the emotional type, and rarely had anyone seen her this way. But to hear this after just being reunited with her daughter was extreme. "He can bloody well send someone else, I'll revoke Carrie's clearance!" With that she began to push past her daughter and head for the passage way, a thunder head hovering over her.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2014, 12:59:10 AM »

NPC

"Anne! Temper dear you'll blow a fuse and don't forget where you are either." Not that Fran was all that shocked, she had used such language from time to time herself, then of course asked for forgiveness. "Langley? Oh, now I remember you Catherine, I couldn't quite place the name at first. You're Sydney Bristow's doppleganger aren't you? I think I was responsible for some of your joint missions, the intel at least. I do hope my actions never got you into too much difficulty."

Cate expected that reaction from her mother, what else would she say. Knowing Anne as she did, she knew she would make a rather nasty show in front of Sean and at this time of the night, he was by now in bed. "Yep that was me and no, I doubt you did." Cate said in reply, then turned to Anne. "Mum, you know better than I do how it works. How often did Dad get taken away when at times he had just arrived home?" There was no need to answer that, Anne would be well aware. "This is a minor mission compared to what I've done before, come on, lighten up I've already done my bit." She wasn't about to say, she had already died once.

With a wry look at Mother and Daughter, Fran held the door open. "Anne, give over my friend. She is her mother's daughter after all. Put yourself in Cate's position."

"Thank you Colonel." Cate said in acknowledgement

"Fran, down here at least. Shall we?" She said, holding her hand out.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2014, 09:49:35 PM »

"Oh dear lord!" Anne sighed softly. She was outnumbered and outgunned on this one, primarily because she knew Fran was right, and so was Cate. "Very well, I'll keep my trap shut for now, and I do apologise Fran. Forgive me." Not that her friend would be too critical, Anne knew very well that Fran had her own choice of appropriate words at the right occasion. "I'll walk with you Cate and at get a few moments with you. Fran and I were on our way to Med Bay, so we can exchange a few words at least."

<<To Med bay>>

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2014, 01:32:19 PM »

<<From Infirmary>>

Luckily, the SGC chapel was on the same level, just the different wing of the base, but it still took some time for Colonel to find all the correct turns - a chapel was something she visited like once in twenty years, and this one was not an exception. In there, she caught Cate talking with her mother and some other woman. Lena figured by the clothing it was the chaplain. Not willing to interrupt the family reunion Elena leaned against a wall by the glass doors leading to the small place of prayer and waited. After all who was she to Cate? Commanding officer and a friend, but that hardly qualifies for the family in the long run.
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2014, 10:42:17 PM »

NPC

"No need to aplogise Anne." Fran told her as they began walking. She just happened to look up and see Lena standing there alone. "Ah, Colonel Ovcharenko, I haven't seen you down this way for quite a while. You're looking I take it?"

Cate saw her best friend, someone who to her was as good as family. "Fran, Lena has a dreaded fear of church, she thinks if she steps inside your doors, she will probably come out married to someone." Cate's weird sense of humour was back as well. She looked back at her mother. "Well mum, now there's 4 of us to chew the fat. But we'll be making a detour as soon as we hit the elevators. I need to get my gear and change, as does Lena."

<<Cate + Lena to gate room via accommodation>>

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2014, 04:56:42 AM »

"Russians do not marry at a church, Cate, you of all people should be aware why I give this place a wide berth... But you're right, a fresh change of clothes would be splendid right now..."

Elena nodded politely at Chaplain and Anne as she and Cate took elevators to the accomodation levels. Now if she only could also get a few days of sleep... Keep dreaming, girl, she said to herself as the doors closed.

<<Gate room with pit stop at the accomodation level>>
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2014, 05:09:18 PM »

It happened a little too fast for Anne's liking, but then that was exactly how she had come to know Lena, always afraid to show a little emotion, much like her own daughter. Which reminded Anne, that she often looked upon the young Russian women, Cate's best friend for nigh on four or five years now, as her 'other' daughter. "You two watch each others backs." She shouted at the closing doors.

<<Anne and Francis to Med Bay>>

Robert Laurel

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Robert Laurel A new starter.
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »

<<Linde from Medical Unit>>

Linde walked to the front and nodded to the altar. It was amazing what an air of peace and sanctity there was here. She was a devout Lutheran and always looked forward to attending Sunday services whenever she was here. She wondered if Chaplain McCarthy knew anything about the history of her family in relation to the Lutheran church. Wettins had commanded Protestant armies during The Thirty Years War, and along with King Gustav II Adolf of Sweden had ensured the survival of the Protestant faith in Germany, smashing the Imperialist armies under Tilly at Breitenfeld in 1631, and halting the last serious attempt to impose the Catholic faith on all of Europe.

She found her favorite place and sat. The pews were comfortable, there was no effort to keep the congregation awake by making them suffer through the service. Linde closed her eyes and began to meditate, reflecting on the events of the past week and where they fitted into the overall tapestry of her life.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:56:56 PM by Robert Laurel »

Robert Laurel

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Robert Laurel A new starter.
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2014, 08:01:18 PM »

Linde was awoken by the sound of her minicom. It was Steven. "Linde, I need you in my office." It was so quiet and peaceful here she had dozed off. "Ya, Herr General, I will be right there."

<<Linde to SGC Fleet HQ>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2015, 02:11:35 AM »

It had been quiet the last two days, a quietness that Fran relished in, even more so when her old friend and sometimes mentor Robert dropped by for a chat and as so often happened their chats turned to game of chess. The two of the sat in her private office for some two hours now, with neither of them saying a word, Robert merely bristling his eyebrows at Fran's last move; she was black night to his queen 4, she had him covered by her rook and bishop and the only thing he could do was tip his king and concede defeat. The problem was they were both as stubborn as hades and the glass of fine port sitting by each side didn't help much either. "I think its your move Bob." Fran finally said with a predatory grin on her face.

mad_gater

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mad_gater A new starter.
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2015, 11:55:39 AM »

It had been quiet the last two days, a quietness that Fran relished in, even more so when her old friend and sometimes mentor Robert dropped by for a chat and as so often happened their chats turned to game of chess. The two of the sat in her private office for some two hours now, with neither of them saying a word, Robert merely bristling his eyebrows at Fran's last move; she was black night to his queen 4, she had him covered by her rook and bishop and the only thing he could do was tip his king and concede defeat. The problem was they were both as stubborn as hades and the glass of fine port sitting by each side didn't help much either. "I think its your move Bob." Fran finally said with a predatory grin on her face.

{Rev. Col. Robert F. Sheen/Malachi}

Looks like she has you cornered again my friend, said Malachi in his head.  Yes, so I see.  I was never much good at tactical strategy, came Robert's mental response to his erstwhile mental companion.

"So it is," said Robert to his good friend Fran.  He sighed, seeing no way out of Fran's trap and tipped his king, conceding the match.  He chuckled.  "A great game as always.  You were always the better one at tactical strategy," he said to her with a smile.  "Oh.  I have some good news for you.  I've asked the base CO if my friend Lukas and I can be assigned here permanently, since you've told me before that you could use some extra hands down here," said Robert.

“Knowing belongs to man's intellect or reason; loving belongs to his will. The object of the intellect is truth; the object of the will is goodness or love.” - the late Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2015, 12:18:42 AM »

"He gives up to easily, and here I thought with Malachi he'd walk all over me." Fran thought to herself, although she had to admit she had him outwitted three moves ago. If only he hadn't sacrificed his Bishop earlier he might have had a chance. She looked up over her glasses at him, squinting a little in the dim light which was certainly not the best thing for her considering she was already having eye trouble. "I certainly could use the help, and I'd be grateful to you Bob. But you know..." She pushed back her chair a little to pour another small tipple of port for each of them. "...we have rather a large flock at the Alpha site that could use some taking care of. Our last Pastor there felt too isolated and requested a return home. For the last three months General Chalmers has been doing the Sunday services and I feel she is just a little too much fire and brimstone, if you know what I mean."

mad_gater

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mad_gater A new starter.
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2015, 12:33:10 AM »

{Rev. Col. Robert F. Sheen}

"I know you think I gave up too easily.  But you got me fair and square.  I didn't want to use Malachi as I thought doing so would be an unfair advantage and I wanted it to be a fair game," said Robert, who had a sense of fair play.

"And I guess we'll see what the base CO has to say.  He may very well decide to send me on over to the Alpha Site and keep Lukas here since in addition to his status as chaplain assistant he's also a licensed massage therapist and could also be of some use in the Infirmary.  And he'll also make a heck of a corpsman. You'll see why when you meet with him," said Robert fondly thinking of the large Hulk-sized Russian man that was about 20 years younger than him who he'd come to regard as a son after taking him in at his home parish's orphanage.
“Knowing belongs to man's intellect or reason; loving belongs to his will. The object of the intellect is truth; the object of the will is goodness or love.” - the late Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2015, 06:09:01 PM »

A small chuckle erupted from Fran's throat, she for one would only wish Malachi would have played her. "Maybe next time Bob you can let him try." Being competitive was one of her main attributes or faults, depending on which way you looked at it of course, but then her former occupation with Intelligence tended to mold a person that way.

"I'm sure Carrie could use him in that regard. Oh, you've not met the new CMO yet have you? I keep forgetting you've been away for a while now." Which meant he didn't know about Cate either, Fran knew Bob was a close friend of the MacGregor family, he was quite close to Will, she had read that much on the late Admiral's file. "Nothing surprises me these days Bob and I'm confident you'd love the Alpha site, but I won't sugar coat it either, its not a tropical paradise that's for certain." Now how does she tell him about Catherine? Let Anne MacGregor tell him of course. "Have you seen Anne yet? She's on base as far as I know, either that or home, she has a house right here in Springs."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

lethal-pageant