Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Things that p*ss me off  (Read 9789 times)

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 68
  • Bowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has Ascended
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
Re: Things that p*ss me off
« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2019, 05:55:08 PM »

Nowadays, I see two people in one table who ordered something and they don't talk. Instead they are just looking at their phones, but not talking to each other. That's how far we come as a society. Part of that just peeves me off because that's just not really sociable. We need to be able to communicate more without the cellphones. Just...talk. One day, just imagine, one day we all of a sudden forgot basic speech. That's a post apocalyptic nightmare in there. Where everyone just forgot how to talk. Just imagine that. *shudders*

You say that but its theorised that the next generation of Humans (Evolution wise not like the Gen X, Y, Z way.) Will have longer thumbs and be less susceptible to blue light glare.

The last bill my younger granddaughter received was over $1500 for a month. My own bill for the same period and I do use the phone quite a lot was $145.

That... is a very steep bill. (The landline one.) For £25 I could get unlimited calls and texts. (Though I do think our landline costs are the same.)

We've had people, pedestrians, killed because they were preoccupied with their gadget.

Same here but to be fair that is more user error than a fault with the gadget

For the longest time I did have an old sliding phone that didnt have internet and then it died after I got in to University, and it was cheaper for me to get a Smart Phone as my older style of phone was now considerd vintage and a collectors item.

So whilst the brand new I phone or wireless charging phone may be hundreds, the progression of technology means that even a 5 year old Smart Phone is in a low price range, though unfortunately. It is impossible to be a military History tour guide with out the internet on your phone. Or at least now it is.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 104
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2019, 06:03:59 PM »

Our service providers whether its the internet or mobile phones are virtual thieves. We pay twice as much and more than most other countries for their service. As I said I use my phone a lot, I doubt that Mel for example would receive a bill that high for a month. But straight up you're charged $79 a quarter for line rental whether you use the phone or not.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.
« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2019, 06:11:07 PM »

@GH Most of those people in the restaurants with their heads buried in their phones are probably on the website of the place they are eating in making a comment.

@Maz  The schoolkids, as daft as this sounds, were probably talking to each other via texts or FarceBook

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2019, 06:16:48 PM »

Yeah, but not all the time.

Argh, of course my laptop freezes in the middle of my doing the Mid term test and I haven't saved it...
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.
« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2019, 07:24:24 PM »

Did that laptop do that not long ago as well?  It's a bugger

Work is ticking me off at the mo with their stupid times, they are all over the place  MK

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has Ascended
« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2019, 07:39:55 PM »

Annoyingly I cant badmouth my work all that much apart from the fact all the fracking forks go missing like every three days.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2019, 08:40:42 PM »

At my old job it was teaspoons that did that, we found out that the staff would have a yogurt and then throw the spoons away, lazy buggers

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2019, 02:10:38 PM »

Today with 42 Degrees ... I have broken all the fans, going out in this heat is prohibitive and consequently all my family (including me) we moved to the tavern of the house, the only cool place. Obviously today all four fans of my house had to break, eh? a blatant fortune ... :bow1

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2019, 03:55:04 PM »

Yep, seems that is how the cookie crumbles Khnum
I went out in a jumper this morning, as time went on it got hotter here, i was sweating.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2019, 04:24:28 PM »

I'm just happy to be allowed to wear a Polo shirt as a BTP PCSO other forces outside London still have to wear white shirts.

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2019, 04:44:49 PM »

we have 70% humidity, you can imagine ... it seems to be on the Crematoria planet :^

MzArchivist

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • MzArchivist A new starter.
  • Out of My Frakking Mind
« Reply #191 on: Today at 01:14:19 AM »

Things that irritate me? People who have not realized their dreams and feel it necessary to degrade and discourage someone else.

my personal favorite comes from someone who didn't go to college. She said 'she wasn't allowed'. Her words to me: "You need to give up your dream of college and go to work for McDonalds."

Personal Motto: "He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away."

- Raymond Hull

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #192 on: Today at 04:54:32 AM »

Do not believe that in the rest of the world so-called "civil" is so different ... I have studied Egyptology and Archeology and then become a waiter and a clothing salesman. Also the McDonalds option had been taken into account, but at the time of the interview I still did not have a driving license and immediately discarded me, in any case I would have had incompatible schedules at most with my studies ... so I dedicated myself to studying ( working part time of course)

Who really bothers me, are all those who get a job or a job thanks to favoritism, practically a daily practice in Italy. Few are those who emerge merits, most have received more recommendations and sit in positions that do not belong to them. When you do better than them, they normally diminish you, sometimes they come to force you to abandon the job itself.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #193 on: Today at 10:36:15 AM »

I know that feeling all too well, man. I lost my job at Panasonic after being passed over for 3 promotions because of favoritism. Nevermind everything I did for them, it was all who was buddy-buddy with management or who had family that knew the right people to help other family advance. I rocked the boat, called out management to HR about it, less than a week later POOF, no job.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]