Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Things that p*ss me off  (Read 5436 times)

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
Re: Things that p*ss me off
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2017, 05:08:53 AM »

Humon, if I was significant enough to p*ss off Putin, I'd not be complaining that my mailbox was shat in right now :P
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2017, 10:00:24 AM »

Humon, that vid not available in my country, racist buggers :P

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2017, 12:40:04 PM »

Okay, let's see. Bombing in Leningrad metro on Monday, plus one bomb defused there on the rail station, plus murder of the four cops in Astrakhan the same day; three bombs more defused in Leningrad over the last two days; a school gassed there so kids were taken to a hospita todayl; all-out street war with terrorists in Astrakhan as the result of their actions today; a bomb going off in a school in Rostov this morning.

I'd say this pisses me off big time.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2017, 01:33:00 PM »

Like i said to you earlier, something is 'off' with this, its disorganised, like its a rush job, and they are screwing with the wrong people   *hugs Vaddy*

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2017, 04:30:36 PM »

In the last year, my country (Italy) carried out a series of more or less fundamental reforms, but suffered a pretty strong blackmail on the part of the Vatican State, the latter fosters a fierce hatred especially against us homosexuals. We have reached a compromise compassionate, but this was not enough and the climate of hate is worse. The government's hands are tied and forced to submit to the blackmail of the right and populist forces that become increasingly stronger every day ... I'm ashamed of my country a lot but compared to the situation of your I realize that paradise is rather the 'Italy. Of course we have a total interference of the Church, an unimaginable corruzzione, but we were small, we have what your country can not even conceive of, let alone implement it .... this consideration after reading your post, I sincerely they left puzzled.

Cynadea

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2017, 05:50:09 PM »

I'll just say this, and specify that I am not trying to debate religions themselves or to point fingers at anyone here.

I wish people kept their religion and beliefs to themselves to practice at home and in their church/temple/place of cult, and not try to force them onto other people or make governments based out of books hundreds (sometimes thousands, rather than hundred) of years old.

I am not pointing one religion in particular, many have done it, and many are still doing it.

I just don't get how people can believe that a cellphone 1 year old is outdated, but the same people do not realize the  same of a book written 1800 years ago, (never mind having been redacted, reedited, translated, etc.)?

If I insulted anyone, it wasn't the intention, and I apologize. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2017, 09:56:05 PM »

I support what Cynadea says here.
I feel bad for you and Italy Khnum.
If it were my choice I would have no religious interference in any government decisions.
I'm not even convinced these days that the high ranking church officials believe what they say they believe. Apart of me thinks they just say they believe it cause they know it gives them power over others. The Vatican will hopefully be torn down one day.

Khnum

• Major
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2017, 03:20:41 AM »

You mean the attack in Stockholm? :^

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2017, 10:12:00 AM »

I am with you on that Cyn, just let people get on with their lives, so long as they dont bother anyone else then thats ok.  Way too much interference from others.

Khnum

• Major
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2017, 10:43:14 AM »

The problem in Italy is not only rampant corruption (still less than in countries such as Spain or Greece) or the interference of the church, it is the same mentality of the population that is guided toward nationalism as the grazing sheep. If we put a severe economic crisis that is destroying every business fabric ... that's it :^

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2017, 01:47:05 PM »

My great-grandfather was a protoiereus, what is not a low rank in the church at all. He never ever believed in anything that he spoke, it was just work for him, theatre. Well, he believed when he was a layman, but when he saw the kitchen from inside...

There's only a single photo of him "in uniform." NONE of his children, which were in the number of 26, went also in church career. By way, he was presiding over the Russian Orthodox Church in Italy, HQ in Bari on the Adriatic coast.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 02:57:21 PM by VagabonD SerpenT »

Cynadea

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2017, 06:25:48 PM »

We're not extremely religious here and the few religious symbols that we still have in places of importance are torn down. They are catholic symbols, and they are taken down not because some jew, muslim or Jehovah's Witness (the three other major religions hovering about) request it. They are taken down by people who have been baptized.

There is no more religious education in school, other than a "comparative" class, that teaches teenagers for the sake of promoting understanding. It basically teaches the principles and the history of the main religions in the world. It isn't preaching, it's educating to avoid conflicts bred from ignorance. when I finished school, about 22 years ago, we still had the choice between religious studies (catholic only) or moral studies (ethics, right and wrong, etc.) . It was abolished shortly after I graduated from highschool.

Quebec has its lot of religious people, like everywhere else. About 80 years ago, the priests could tell women when to stop having children and refused to give the last rites to a woman who refused to risk her life for the sake of pleasing a priest. For example, a woman who decided that 18 children was enough was refused the last rites because the priest judged that she could reach 20. (it's not a random story, it happened to my grandfather's mother). They abused of that power, it caused a revolt and the next generation started to take religion out of key position.

Today, they are making lofts out of old churches, because no one goes anymore. The average age in any convent is around 60 years old.

Some other religious group think that they can come here and try to fill that "void" with their own... We kicked religion out of our law texts, out of our government, out of our schools. Do they really think we would let them impose theirs?

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2017, 12:56:20 AM »

And they shoved religion study or ethics in schools instead of the astronomy. Several years later, it is getting out again and double hours of astronomy return.

Ignorant people keep chanting that in 1917 and 1918 peasants burned churches and hanged cerics, because communists told them to. Now seeing what ROC does these days, they come to realisation that it must have been not that simple and population became atheistic and antireligious long before October Revolution happened. We are coming to the second iteration of that - after massive orthodox madness in last two decades, we're havung huge spike of atheism now.

However, priests were not known here to tell women to tell how many children to have. I think the fact that Emperor ruled over church and mediated them helped to curb it a little. Church was an institute of state.

Also this week JW was banned in Russia as an extremist organisation, enemy to nation, society and their own believers health.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 01:01:55 AM by VagabonD SerpenT »

Khnum

• Major
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2017, 12:01:03 PM »

Reading your post, I realize why the Church in Italy is doing everything possible to affirm again its power through an ultra-traditionalist pope in sheep's clothing .... :argh!

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2017, 02:39:21 PM »

Your last part makes me mad Vad.  I am a JW and feel horrible for the ones there just trying to be peacable
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

lethal-pageant