Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: The Meeting Station of the Goa'uld  (Read 20683 times)

Shadowlord

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!
Re: The Meeting Station of the Goa'uld
« Reply #255 on: January 31, 2020, 12:47:53 PM »

The Crocodile God a slow approving nod when Sekhmet offered what help she could. He had no care for those that would sit back and watch. Some of his mind seemed quite interested in taking this weapon and keeping it for their own uses. For now Sobek assumed the weapon was too much of a threat to be kept. They had a vast array of technology, this weapon was nothing but the weapon of a weak coward who was hiding unable to challenge their power, he had no interest in using it.

“I hope Maegwin makes a full recovery.” He said being at least slightly sympathetic.

Allienna then explained how one of the planets would have a city for Jaffa training. Sobek has to wonder why Ba’al would bother if he intended to remain with his head in the sand, still they couldn’t be underestimated if they were training for something. The fact that the numbers of ships were unknown did concern him though.

“If we are to launch an attack we must make sure our force is adequately sized.” Sobek responded.

Sekhmet

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Sekhmet A new starter.
« Reply #256 on: February 01, 2020, 03:06:38 AM »

Sekhmet had indeed heard of that poison, though it was nothing but rumours that she had come across. So far she had had nothing to do with the poison itself. She listened to Khnum with an interested look upon her face, nodding slightly as he finished. Her agreement to his words was clear. “Of course.” She said, then looking to Achaman, smiling lightly. “We should definitely find some kind of way to counter it, indeed.”

Allienna’s words was then paid attention to, Sekhmet’s brows furrowing as she spoke due to a question rising within her mind. “Was the assassin caught?” She figured not, though she would like to know either way. If the assassin had been caught, they would probably be sitting on a lot more information about the whole event. Probably.

Giving Allienna a smile, Sekhmet nodded lightly. “I can offer some of my forces, at the least any assistance you may need.” Sekhmet gives Sobek a glance, before adding a few words. “Our combined efforts in any attack should result in a force strong enough, although I for one would like to know that I do not send my forces into something they are unable to handle.”

She would like to find out more about the size of the enemy they were up against, though for now she wasn’t sure if that even was an option. Sending her forces into something that could turn into a massacre was, however, definitely not an option.

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 121
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #257 on: February 01, 2020, 07:57:00 AM »

"I agree with Sekhment, neither I nor any of the others present, but we could send an undercover commando, Alienna could send it, I make available the laboratories on the moon Qa'ab, the Maharraqa Temple that you know well ..."

"Lord Serapis and the team of scientists will analyze the biological weapon and find a way to counter it effectively, unless you already have a Lord Alienna idea?" Khnum concluded smiling at the landlady. Behind Khnum, the Lo'taur was new as far as the ruler of Khenem was concerned. The previous one had aged beyond the pre-established threshold to be a possible guest for Khnum, but not wanting to kill him, Khnum had arranged for his forced residence on the planet Khenem, not before having eliminated his memory. In its place, a new trusted young man, no more than 25 years old, but thanks to the nanocytes, he did not age except 1/1000 for each past year.

Altzek

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Altzek might someday be a gardener.Altzek might someday be a gardener.Altzek might someday be a gardener.Altzek might someday be a gardener.
  • No
« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2020, 10:54:01 AM »

As usual, Mefitis struggled to take Allienna's word for it. The modus operandi that was being attributed to Ba'al was erratic to say the least and generally scarcely believable.
What was the point of exposing the weapon's existence by using it as a dart, while then focusing on different methods of deployment? How did she even know he intended to weaponize it in more than one way?
And, of course, why testing it on Maegwin rather than on the leader herself?

The queen rose from her throne before Allienna could reply, as if to take precedence over her. If Mamers would've done so without knowing the implications of such an act, Mefitis knew what this meant, and what kind of message was to be vehiculated.
"I concur with Lord Khnum. An undercover mission would be ideal, if only to receive further informations regarding this biological weapon. It is clear that we need a clearer and more concise picture of what we're dealing with".

Behind her, her consort attempted a rebuttal of her caution. "What a waste of time... we know the location of his worlds, why shouldn't we attack with everything we have and crush the cockroach once and for all?".

A few moments passed as the queen drew a deep breath, then she turned towards Mamers. She could swear she was dealing with a child, sometimes. "Would you have us strike blindly, my love? Pointlessly waste resources on an enemy that perhaps knows about us far more than we know about him?". And, she reasoned, a prepared enemy is one who knows how to defend himself. Hopefully, Mamers understood that.

Finally, she turned back towards the others. It was time to ingratiate herself with the newcomer. "I would find it wise to send our fleets to annihilate Ba'al's forces only after having reached a parity of information and means, which leads me to you" the queen's eyes now stared exactly in the direction of the Lioness. "Lady Sekhmet, it is my understanding that your forces couldn't benefit from the technological sharing program that this most august council has agreed to in the past, and it is my intention to remedy to this. I intend to offer my resources for the upgrade of the weapons and systems of your ships, with your permission. Even with allies, it would be extremely unwise to face Ba'al's defenses with - no offense - antiquate means".

Behind her, Mamers stood silent, but firm. He didn't appear to be intimidated, merely in silent agreement, and his face showed. It was his queen's mistake to vainly take this silence for weakness.
Under different circumstances and knowing the god of war's attitude, a slap in her face with no care for her otherwordly face and flawless skin, was the least he would've answered her with if he would have only been unconvinced of her point. After all, no one took control of his resources without his permission, and her technology was his now.

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #259 on: February 09, 2020, 07:30:50 AM »

"What a situation is actually happening, we cannot act immediately, but we have to move without being noticed, also we would have obstacles like the Tau'rì definitely on our way .... really a tempting prospect and right now, I'm not even sure of the final result, at least if someone does not infiltrate Ba'al's sympathizer and steal its secrets! " exclaimed surprisingly making his speech Achaman looking at those present in the hope of welcoming approval. Khnum looked at him for a moment and intensely before replying in turn.

"It could be an interesting idea, but I think Alienna already has a plan or am I wrong?" Khnum replied smiling, knowing that the ruler of Magtireth certainly had a plan A.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 338
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2020, 02:40:32 PM »

The blonde looked down at the polished surface of the table momentarily, in that she could easily see her own reflection; it showed her worry lines on such a young face. They would go of course in time, yet for now it was a small price to pay to meet the end goal. "My last communication indicated she will make a full recovery, other then her pride for letting her guard down, Sobek. She has served me well and the loss of her would have been immeasurable." Added to this as she leaned her head towards Sekhmet. "Alas no. By the time my guards found Maegwin, the trail was long gone. I fear he or she may have entered the palace by some means other than either the Chappa'ai or the ring transporters. Both have been too well guarded." Finding the assassin would of course be another of a thousand threads to follow, they had to focus on one.

The talk continued, which target was relevant and which wasn't. While finding out exactly what his biological weapon and its delivery was imperative, weakening his forces had to be placed first. "Dear friends. As I understand the way of things at this present time, the Tauri are in pursuit of this weapon as we speak. They have as much in the way of resources as we do, so I suggest we focus on eliminating what we can and quickly. To that I have a gift for you all to aid us." Touching her wrist device a large hologram appeared in the center of the table, what it showed was a medium sized ship, a very dangerous looking one, that was holding orbit above the planet below the Meeting Station.

"Seven have been completed thus far. Another six will be finished within ninety days. But these six will do us admirably, one for each of us here in this room."

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2020, 07:09:46 PM »

"A new experimental Alienna ship .... characteristics of this vessel since the design is not goa'uld at all!" Achaman exclaimed in surprise, watching the hologram of the ship appear before his eyes. He did not like this style so similar to that of the Tau'rì, but it was not the first time that the goa'uld had built spaceships or other ships inspired by the style of other peoples considered inferior, such as the drilling machine on the planet Langara.

"I admit that its shape does not particularly exalt me, it will have great qualities otherwise frankly speaking, it does not fit my tastes!" he concluded with a smile, seeking the complicity of Khnum and at least Sobek. He did not know Sekhmet's thought, he would have learned it shortly in any case.

Sekhmet

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Sekhmet A new starter.
« Reply #262 on: February 14, 2020, 07:02:13 AM »

For a moment Sekhmet wasn't certain if she should indeed feel offended by Mefitis's words or not, but she quickly brushed it off, giving her her attention instead. If one thing was a fact it was that her ships was old, but it still had served her well for over a thousand years. She was aware that it would need an upgrade, and so she bowed her head lightly towards Mefitis. "You have my permission to do so." She said, knowing well that the time would come for her to repay that gesture, most likely. Nothing in this world came for free.

Sekhmet's gaze now went to Allienna as she explained that the assassin had not been caught, which was a shame in many ways, but still a case that had no priority as of now.

When then the hologram showed the ship that was offered to each one of them, Sekhmet raised her chin as she observed it. The ship itself looked acceptable to Sekhmet even if she wasn't a big fan of the style, though since she knew that both things and people changed with time, she chose to accept it for what it was. Necessary to complete their task. "These are fine ships, they will serve us well." She stated, a small nod to Allienna was given.

Shadowlord

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!
« Reply #263 on: February 14, 2020, 12:16:46 PM »

The Crocodile Lord sat patiently in his chair simply listening to the others speak and ask questions. Quickly they seemed to be coming to a fast agreement on what had to be done.
Sobek’s eyes met the light from a hologram as Allienna activated the image revealing something that until now had apparently been hidden.

Sobek studied the image as Achaman made his comments on the design. “I see your shipyards have been quite busy.” Sobek said to Allienna curious about the vessels.

“It is noble of you to share these vessels with us, most especially if we are to put down this rogue once and for all.” The vessels would certainly be an interesting display to their enemies.

It seemed they were in agreement for the most part and Sobek was eager to put down this enemy force. However Ba’al was an extremely slippery foe and certainly had a reputation for being unpredictable. As the Crocodile God examined the room he really only wanted to know about the abilities of the ships and just how willing she was to reveal them to their enemies.

“As much as I wish to know more about these vessels I wish to know exactly how you plan to divide them.” He felt that only the System Lords should have access to this ship for now.

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #264 on: February 14, 2020, 07:04:33 PM »

"Needless to discuss design when we would like to know the characteristics of this vessel, our ha'taks have been updated in recent years to keep up with the times, as a result I would like to understand what would be different and better for this ship that you are proposing to us!" Khnum added in turn, more interested in what the new generation ship contained. Design was not a problem, there was always time to modify it or readjust the same technology on the ha'taks of its fleet.

Khnum Flagship, pel'tak

At the same time, on board the flagship of the ruler of Khenem, Akhnenamun / Kelani observed the great orbital station from the throne room / pel'tak focusing his attention on his telepathic powers, in the hope of being able to steal fundamental information for the same Khnum, information that Alienna purposely omitted. Around him several Ram Guards and also some Horus Guards were busy completing their tasks. An unexpected signal came from the planet Khenem itself and only then did Kelani say nothing, simply with a gesture of the hand he made everyone present in the room before opening the communication. Faris's face appeared on the viewer.

"Lord Kelani ... investigations into sabotages are still ongoing but we have not recorded any more attempts at tampering since your departure, in any case we have traced and initiated detailed investigations into the jaffas, goa'ulds and human attendants operating on the flagship , I ask you to be able to enter the mind of each crew member so that I can discard any of my men! " the former First Prime concluded by awaiting the reply of the councilor goa'uld. But Kelani did not reply, simply nodded by closing the communication with Khenem.

Altzek

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Altzek might someday be a gardener.Altzek might someday be a gardener.Altzek might someday be a gardener.Altzek might someday be a gardener.
  • No
« Reply #265 on: February 21, 2020, 08:34:34 AM »

When Allienna presented her gift to those in the room, Mefitis clenched her teeth for a moment. Already her service to Sekhmet was beginning to feel slightly more obsolete.

For his part, Mamers looked at the ship with interest.
An alien design, or partially so at least as the Asgard transporters and what he assumed were Tollan ion cannons showed. As for the shielding system, there and then he couldn't wrap his head around it but they may have been a product of Goa'uld ingenuity.

Now that he thought about it, the design was reminescent of something his old master had planned but the timing of the emergence of the Tau'ri and the Jaffa rebellion had kept everything on paper and half-conceived, until then at least. Without even giving a chance to the idea of a coincidence, Mamers figured that the youngling must've salvaged the design and worked on it for more than a decade, until that moment. Resourceful.
Instinctively, his hands reached for his beard, his fingers fiddling with it for a few moments. "Interesting..."

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #266 on: February 21, 2020, 04:54:41 PM »

"I guess this ship has Ion guns, asgard beam derivation weapons and new generation shields ... I have to admit that the project could be interesting, especially as they have been implemented in goa'uld technology ... so far only a goa'uld has been able to implement the technology of the ionic ion cannon Tollan in a goa'uld ship, as far as i have come to know, although not with great results! " Khnum expressed himself by looking at the hologram in front of him. The idea of ​​an experimental ship could be interesting, its ha'tak although more powerful than those normally used previously, however they were nothing compared to the new implementation of these technologies in full war potential.

"We should modify or build new ships and we are not in a position to start a reconstruction of our personal fleet, already so rosy to date!" Achaman added in turn, looking at his ally.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 338
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #267 on: March 12, 2020, 12:33:26 PM »

"Suffice to say Lord Sobek, the original design was not mine alone. That was a project begun by our departed brother Cronus... there is more to that I will admit, though we should save that for a later time ." Then turning to each one, she spoke with a degree of pride. "One ship has been made available to each of you here; without any caveats. They are yours..." Something was distracting her, Allie pressed a finger to her ear to listen in the small ear piece fitted there.

With a face of almost joy she proclaimed. "An opportunity arises. Ba'al is moving troops between worlds. He has four Hat'aks traveling and they will pass within an hour from this sector. I suggest we show them we are not to betrayed ever again don't you all agree?"

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #268 on: March 17, 2020, 07:10:42 AM »

"What an interesting opportunity there is on the horizon, four ha'taks traveling unaware that it could be their last trip, I'm only sorry that in this way, we will lose four ha'taks that could be given maybe to Sekhmet or Queen Mefitis ... ah sorry for the legitimate ruler Mamers! " Achaman replied grinningly looking at what he considered little more than an intruder in that meeting.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal