Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Create Clickable Text  (Read 686 times)

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
Create Clickable Text
« on: July 15, 2013, 01:53:23 AM »

Starting a thread with out consent of a Mod, but if not wanted, then move it to another location :P

Since I know at least I have to go Google it every time I need it, and what an entire line of in my mind random letters and figures a link looks like in a post, then here it is:

How to make a word or sentence clickable:

Right click at head line, the bolded line at the top of the post you want to link back to.

Choose copy link address.

Paste it in to the post you're typing, and it will looks something like this:

http://lostworlds.megabytetechsolutions.org/index.php?topic=230.msg4760#msg4760

Then place brackets around the link starting with (url=, end the link with another bracket, type in the word you want to use, say "Link" and then finish it all off with a (/url)

I'm using round, bolded ones here to make is easier to see, but you need to replace them with square ones ;)

(url=http://lostworlds.megabytetechsolutions.org/index.php?topic=230.msg4760#msg4760)Link(/url)

Done

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:00:52 PM by Mandi »

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
Re: Clickable link
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 03:06:06 AM »

Also note, that it has to be in the same case, cause the codes are case sensitive. i.e. if your URL tag is all in small letters, then if you're making clickable pick, img tag gotta be in small letters too. Or both in big, otherwise it starts hiccuping. :)
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 05:08:58 AM »

Cut from ask the Mods thread:

Sci wanted to know how we go about linking a word to a url or http address. So here it is. :)

When you have the post window open, just to the right and below the 'change' color' tab, there is a pale blue arrow surrounded by [ ] in red. Click on that first, then highlight the word you wish to link, click on the 'world' symbol, second left under the 'italics' tab. Paste your url and you're done.

So you have this HORSES
'

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 252
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 09:24:20 PM »

the starting of new threads only applies to RP locations NG :) you can start a thread anywhere else on the forum  :yes:
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go