Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Legion  (Read 586 times)

SithLordOfSnark

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • SithLordOfSnark A new starter.
Legion
« on: February 10, 2017, 02:29:10 PM »

This series just started last night and is about David Haller - I've yet to see the first episode, but I'm hearing so many good things about it.

Syn

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • Syn might someday be a gardener.Syn might someday be a gardener.Syn might someday be a gardener.Syn might someday be a gardener.
    • Debate Humanity - My Blog
Re: Legion
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 03:52:04 PM »

Likewise, I've yet to see it. But I will likely later today or tomorrow.

I'm worried that they'll mess it up but I don't have a dog in that race so it won't be a big deal if it sucks. :P

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 03:32:19 PM »

I saw very few episodes, I do not have an opinion about it :^

Syn

• Technical Sergeant
  • Syn might someday be a gardener.Syn might someday be a gardener.Syn might someday be a gardener.Syn might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 03:33:26 PM »

Likewise, I've yet to see it. But I will likely later today or tomorrow.

I'm worried that they'll mess it up but I don't have a dog in that race so it won't be a big deal if it sucks. :P

I forgot to report back on this. I saw the premiere. It was fantastic.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 10:02:42 PM »

I haven't heard of it. What is it about?

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Syn

• Technical Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 10:09:18 PM »

It's another show about mutants with superpowers, but this one focuses on the story of a man with schizophrenia/multiple personality disorder. The show is different than the comics but it should stay relatively similar. Every personality has their own power in the literature, not too sure if that's going to be the case in the show.

I was impressed with the premiere but time will tell if it stays good!

Editing to add that the show's premise seems to be about the main character believing he is crazy when he isn't, and becoming involved in a "shadow" conflict between the government and a group of mutants. With his mental health in question, he's unsure if it's actually happening or if he's just completely unhinged.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:10:50 PM by Syn »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 10:14:24 PM »

sounds cool and as usual its only on cable here. hence I don't see many good shows anymore these days.  :fp

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 08:32:04 PM »

If there is one good thing I can say about this TV show, its that the music in the beginning was very cool and catchy. I've heard of theme songs and some can be hazardous to some TV shows while others are pretty okay for the Theme song. This one for Legion is rare and one of a kind. Really cool. Im watching it on my XBox One.

One thing about Xbox One is they allow you to watch and buy seasons at a much lower prices than any other sites, which is pretty cool. This one episode, the pilot, was free but Im thinking about buying the season. I'd recommend this TV show. Good beginning means or possibly means good series.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

SithLordOfSnark

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • SithLordOfSnark A new starter.
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 01:24:59 AM »

It's another show about mutants with superpowers, but this one focuses on the story of a man with schizophrenia/multiple personality disorder. The show is different than the comics but it should stay relatively similar. Every personality has their own power in the literature, not too sure if that's going to be the case in the show.

I was impressed with the premiere but time will tell if it stays good!

Editing to add that the show's premise seems to be about the main character believing he is crazy when he isn't, and becoming involved in a "shadow" conflict between the government and a group of mutants. With his mental health in question, he's unsure if it's actually happening or if he's just completely unhinged.

If you remember Legion from the X-Men comics, he's the titular character from the show.

lethal-pageant