Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Dual Wielding in Real Life  (Read 519 times)

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
Dual Wielding in Real Life
« on: February 19, 2017, 05:56:36 PM »

I have a general question about Dual Wielding pistols or other weapons. In games, we do that but in real life, I hear conflicting reasons, so Im not sure if its a good idea to dual wield realistically or we can? Maybe its better to do it with one hand? I'm curious.

Just call this research, especially for writing stories but I want to make it sound right.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
Re: Dual Wielding in Real Life
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 06:01:20 PM »

99% of the time, its really dumb, its hard to aim, it makes life a pain in the arse when you have to reload, a lot of the time it makes you look silly on the basis that well most people cant handle the recoil and it can often become dangerous. If you dont know what you are doing. You will also burn through ammo far to quickly

Some times it can be an advantage, a longer amount of continuous fire and the ability to lay down twice as many rounds as a single pistol. But if thats what you want, may as well take a compact SMG.

It makes sense in Star Wars when you have guns with almost no recoil and HUD assisted aiming but in real life, yeah its silly.

If your going to use two hands, you may as well have a rifle of some kind.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 06:59:32 AM by Bowsy 112 »

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 07:06:56 PM »

Yeah, this makes sense. And its probably must easier to aim with one hand with a pistol if you're looking for good marksmen accuracy rather than for show.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 07:11:53 PM »

Its easier to aim with two hands on the pistol.

or better yet, two hands on a rifle.

lethal-pageant