Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Tamora~ The forgotten world.  (Read 2299 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Tamora~ The forgotten world.
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2018, 04:14:54 PM »

<<Surface- Marill's cabin to Kitchens>>

"This isn't normal? Huh. I've seen more than my share of places that suddenly had weird weather all of the sudden. Hopefully it's just an odd season, not the sign of something worse." Sheppard commented, "But that's good that he's fitting in. Its taken us longer than it should have to find him, I'll admit. We're usually not sidetracked so much on these kinds of things."

"He's a good guy, I'm not surprised. Just kind of, like Sheppard said, a bit not happy with how long it took us to get out this way. That sky is a bigger place than you might think." Jason said, "Also, just Jason is fine, ma'am."

Once they entered, Sheppard and Jason looked around as the conversation died down, not really sure what to say, so they let their guide speak for them for the moment. Both of them waved in response to the hand gesture and joined the two men at the table.

"John Sheppard. This is Jason Hunter. We appreciate your hospitality, thank you. We would be grateful for something to eat." Sheppard said, "Marill is correct, we're here for Michael."

"From what she's said, plus what we've been told prior to us ending up here, it sounds like Mike doesn't quite remember who he is. We've come a long way looking for him, and we'd like to make sure we get him to the help that he needs." Jason added, "It sounds like he's been fitting in well, and you guys have been taking care of him. It's not our call to make, especially since we can't contact those who can make it, but where I come from, when someone helps you and yours out, the right thing to do is repay them."

Sheppard glanced at Jason, but if he had learned anything, it was that the old salty sailor was going to say whatever he wanted to, whenever it popped into his head. Sheppard looked back to their hosts.

"Yeah. We're grateful to hear that he's come to such a welcoming community. That's not always the case with some folks we run into, and we try to stay the good side of those who aren't out to cause harm." Sheppard said.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2018, 04:26:27 PM »

<<Tamora Atmosphere - 20,000ft AGL>>

"Roger, Goose. Hold at Angels Two-Zero, eyes and ears open, head on a swivel." Jack said, "We'll be here if there's trouble. So far, typical readout for low-tech, so just be careful down there."

The scenery below almost reminded him of the terrain out near Lake Tahoe in winter, something that he and AJ always made a point to see during the holiday season. That brought back much more pleasant memories, from the hikes they took around the lake that spanned between Nevada and California, to the quiet meals at one of the better places (and there were more than a few) along the lakeside areas, and then the more intimate moments at night. When they could forget about their troubles, the duties and responsibilities of the Navy and Marines, and just enjoy time together.

It reminded him that they needed another one of those getaways.

"Hobo Lead to Dread. Any activity on your end?" Jack asked.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 178
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2018, 12:03:53 AM »

{Cate - SG4}

< Surface. Apx 1 hour walk south of the village >

Cate knew something was wrong, that being the most obvious thing when the man she had known for quite a few years now, although bearded strangely; he asked who she was. The first thing she did was look around for Lena to get some support. Mike was deeply troubled she could feel it in her bones, something had happened to him in the last month, yet silently she prayed they were able to bring him back.

Casting a look over her shoulder she answered Lorne quickly. "Yes do it Evan, but don't let on his status for now." Then she squared back to Elle's man. "Yes you do. You're Captain Michael Jaworski US Air Force, you're also a Doctor specializing in thoracic surgery. I'm Catherine MacGregor Mike, you've known me for almost 4 years now." What else could she say or do, other than slap him silly?

Then there was Sheppard and the Master Chief, surely they weren't too far away? Cate turned to some of the others. She had clothing for them Fred gave her. "Guys we all don't need to be here, Tama, Rodney and Ronon, go up to the village and see if you can find Colonel Sheppard and the Master Chief. Here.." She held out the jackets she was carrying. "Flynn, William go with them please, I think the fewer of us here the easier this will be." She added as an after thought.

@MeredithMcKay @DanielRyder @Bluebell722 @sorra @Troy
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2018, 12:28:33 AM »

<Dreadnought-Bridge>

"I've had the same thoughts. Was she hiding this from us Carrie, or is it possible she doesn't even know? From the conversation I've had with this Rhiase, she appeared to me to have her mind in several places at once." It was just another load of responsibility that was going to be thrust upon them, she knew that. Another thing Elle was worried about other than Mike was that it had been far too quiet, surely after what had happened the Vanir were onto them. "Just a minute Carrie." Elle had heard Jack through her own headset, so she took the call.

"Jack its Elle, too bloody quiet mate and that is bugging the crap out of me. I feel like we're going to get a big stick right up our proverbial if we hang about here too long." Sometimes Elle was just to Aussie for most Americans, Jack though knew where she was coming from.
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Bluebell722 Thumb turning green.Bluebell722 Thumb turning green.
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2018, 12:30:06 AM »

Maj. Evan Lorne
Lt. Laura Cadman

Evan pulled up short when he heard MacGregor’s command.

”Lower your weapons,” he ordered his team. ”Cadman, call it in. Only that we have a twenty.” He trusted MacGregor’s judgment.

”Roger that.” Cadman tapped her radio.

*on the radio*

”AR-2 Dreadnought to Mother Goose, we have a twenty on the target. Over.”
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 09:56:23 AM by Bluebell722 »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2018, 12:41:20 AM »

< Surface. Center of the Village. Cooking house >

"Please sit and warm yourselves, food and drink both will do you good." The smell of warm honey scented mead filled the air overpowering the fragrances of the various foods they ate.

Marill herself took a bench opposite her friends, feeling the warmth of the cook fires on her back. "Jason, we know something of other races in the galaxy, not much but enough to know we're not alone. We are a long lived people, the blessing of the Goddess bestowed upon us, from my own memory which is over 75 summers, we have had a few other strangers find their way here, most of whom were left in our care by the Goddess herself. Not all survived I am sad to say. Some passed in madness from longing. So you see, for associates of a lonely stranger we have had here to come looking for he or she, is something we've not witnessed before in our time." Placing fine hands on the wooded table, she thought for a moment. "Nor in the time of our forebears."
Far Dareis Mai

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2018, 06:10:21 AM »

<Tamora’s Atmosphere>

The flight had begun as always as wild tumbling through space towards some planet he had never been to before. He’d been given the gunner position again which of course gave him a great view of how insane this ship was compared to anything he used to watch of NASA online.

“I really gotta get my eyes tested after all this flying.” he never intended to be an astronaut.

“On the plus side once your in the atmosphere the planet is a beautiful sight.” he wasn’t lying the views on these missions were always great.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2018, 08:24:08 PM »

(Flynn SG-4)

<Surface. Apx 1 hour walk south of the village >

Flynn bit her lip.  It seemed Mike had experienced a drama of some sort.  She understood that, but there wasn’t anything she could do.  Cate wanted her to leave and there was no reason to argue. She just nodded and turned to follow the others, tugging her coat tighter around herself.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:45:42 AM by sorra »

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2018, 06:01:41 PM »

Screaming Eagle - AC 401

Jon nodded listening to his commander, "Yes, ma'am!"

He was ready to take the controls and fly in style. Hearing their call sign 'Mother Goose' made him cringe but he took it silently. There wasn't the time to debate. The action was now as he offered his ear to the main pilot of the ship. The XO waited for her orders as the vessel took a huge wide arc across the Dread. His expression was of determination and focus. They can do this. Keeping his eyes on the controls, he kept his shaky hands steady.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 06:16:58 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2018, 06:30:20 PM »

Ronon was ahead following Cate while Rodney walked beside Tama. When they saw a familiar face that was Mike ahead of them, Ronon kept his guard up as usual. They needed to be ready to take Mike out of here at a moment's notice. He covered Cate's backside. However, he growled watching Cate take off toward him while yelling his name. Increasing his pace, he followed her footsteps.

Rodney shivered in his cold gear. It was cold out and all he could was to try to bring back some feelings in his extremities. He was lugging behind. Soon as they approached Mike, he noted the strange creature. Silently, he observed the creature with curiosity. However, something tickled his nose as he covered his face and a muffled sneeze came out.

'Ah-choo'

Sniffling, Rodney hesitated and groaned inwardly, 'Allergies? Oh come on. This planet is killing me already...

Snuffling, Rodney wiped his nose and kept his head down in silence.

After watching the exchange between Cate and Mike, Ronon only nodded and obeyed her instructions to head to the village. Keeping himself on the rearguard of the group, he kept himself close to Even's team as they headed out. Cate could take care of herself. He saw her in combat. She was good.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2018, 01:41:52 PM »

<<Tamora Atmosphere - 20,000ft AGL>>

"Hawk copies all. They're welcome to try, but they better be ready for a shootout that'll make Midway look like a quiet Sunday on the South Pacific. The ammo's already paid for, we're just expending it before it rots in a bunker in BFE." Jack commented. They had plenty of "AMRRAM-Novembers" on the racks of Wildcats just waiting to be launched, and if the Wraith wanted to play them for fools, Jack knew he and his pilots wouldn't be found wanting.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2018, 01:55:22 PM »

<<UNS Dreadnought - Flight Deck -> Bridge>>

Without a word, Michelle pulled off her helmet and left it on the table where Mako was waiting and headed off to find a lift. She made her way through the corridors, music blasting through the earbuds in her ears drowning everything out. The SEAL was getting restless and she at least wanted to see what was going on. Mako kept to themselves, since it seemed the Brits were going to the same, and just stuck to playing poker and using loose 9mm, 5.56 and 7.62 rounds as chips, since Deuce didn't bring any and they weren't playing for money.

Getting to the bridge wasn't a difficult matter, and it wasn't like she was crowding the place, even as she was fully geared up with a 416 hanging over her chest, an M39 over her back and her P226 resting in its holster on her right thigh. She made her way over to get a look through the viewport, it was an impressive sight, but the star seemed awfully dim when compared to what they had seen in their own solar system, as well as Atlantis'.

There was also that Wraith ship just hanging there near them as well, something that caused her fists to clench slightly before she removed her earbuds and turned off her iPod, rolling up the cords around the device and tucking it away back in one of the pouches on her plate carrier.

"Stars aren't supposed to look like that, are they?" Michelle asked, not realizing she was saying it out loud.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2018, 03:15:57 PM »

NPC – Yorvis, Heard keeper

NPC - Yatar, former herd keeper. Father of Yorvis

With a nod, Yorvis got up to retrieve two bowls of stew from the big cauldron hanging over the fire. 
“Pleasure to meet you both. John. Jason. I’m Yatar,” the older man said and made a motion with his chin towards the younger copy, “and that is my youngest, Yorvis. Mike has done a lot here to earn his keeps, so you are in no dept to us at all. But if you insist of starting trading, then I’m sure we can come to some kind of arrangement.” Yatar shot a fast look at Marill, “Not that it’s my decision to make though…” He looked back at John, “As Merill said, the Strays are sparse and far between and we have never had one who’s friends has come to reclaim them. He has no recollection of his previous life, but has gotten himself quite accustomed around our people. I think Yorvis here is the one who’s spent most time with him of us all, since Mike turned out to have very good hands with our drafts.”

Yorvis returned to the table and placed the bowls in front of the strangers, together with some wooden carved spoons. The stew was thick and smelled of vegetables, herbs and wild life meat.
He sat down next to the man called Jason, pushing over a knife and big loaf of bread. “Honor the Godess and share bread with us,” he said with a small bow of his head. ‘They know Mike!’ he thought. He so much wanted to rattle off a myriad of question, but his upbringing prevented him to start questioning the strangers while they ate.

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2018, 01:23:41 PM »

<Surface. 1 hour on feet to the south of the village>

It seemed that the Russian stereotypes were kicking in the fifth gear today, for nobody but Colonel seemed to actually like the weather they were having on this lovely planet.

"Twonks, both of you. There's nothing better than a walk through a winter forest, especially taiga... The light frost, pretty majestic trees, animals lurking about, especially those big striped kitties..."

Elena's responce to both Catherine's and Lorne's talk about wishing for it to be some beach instead of a snowy landscape was cut short when her XO just darted off toward a guy who, apparently, was supposed to be Mike. Doing her best not to roll her eyes in a "oh-so-typical" way, she went to join Evan and Cate, and what was the most important thing, Mike, after giving an approving nod for Will and Flynn to leave as Cate had requested. Sometimes it was a bit confusing of who's in command in their team with that other woman's temper getting her to bark orders around like she was in charge of the show.

"Hello, Mike... I am Elena Ovcharenko. That Russian Colonel with the StarGate Command, remember?"
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2018, 12:45:17 AM »

"So this isn't the first time someone just pops up here? That's interesting." Jason commented. He wanted to say more but he wasn't about to upset the locals with his opinions about Cellar Witch. He instead opted to change the subject, "But what's a draft? Kind of has a different meaning where I come from."

"As for the trading, we'll work that out later, once we're in contact with the people on our side who can make those decisions. At the very least, give you guys something nice." Sheppard commented.

As the younger man joined them, Jason hesitated a moment, trying to figure out how best to respond to the statement, before the words finally hit him once more. "Here, here! I think we can do that. Any special way you guys do this or just cut a piece, pass it around? Don't want to offend anyone here, I've been to some places, man, you hold your drink the wrong way and they get all uppity with you." Jason asked.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10