Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: M67A-526 unknown world  (Read 1783 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 226
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
M67A-526 unknown world
« on: March 03, 2017, 12:39:50 AM »

M67A-526 was just another one of those backwater planets long ago abandoned by the Lanteans. There was little here to see other than ruined old cities that were overgrown with time. Near the Stargate were two large pillars that seemed to serve no purpose, beyond that were the first ruins almost buried under a temperate type forest. The planet did though have a lot of wildlife, mammals and birds for the most part.

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
Re: M67A-526 unknown world
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 06:54:31 PM »

<<M67A-526>>

The gate was active. It shimmered constantly producing or drawing some unknown energy. Samantha Carter might have a better definition of it. If she was here. A figure appeared through. The first man from Atlantis on an unknown world deep in the Pegasus Galaxy. It was Lieutenant Jonathan Hope Agathon. Rodney McKay would be jealous. If he wouldn't talk so much. Or maybe not.

Looking around taking his sights, Jon lowered his pointed rifle and gasped. Stepping down the small steps, he walked a few meters from the shimmering gate. Surrounding him were trees. In clusters. It was almost terrifying. Jon remembered something about it while watching Predator with his brothers. Feeling a sting on the back of his neck, he slapped it with a groan. 'Stupid bugs. Forgot my bug spray'

There were ruins surrounding the canopy. The two large ones were the ones that caught his attention. Looking at it, he muttered softly. He had been in many worlds so far. Frozen world. Water world. Desert world. Jungle world. Even the Volcano world. That was volatile. Almost. Exhaling a sigh, he looked up following the two pillars.

Bird sounds called above him in the trees. He gasped at the height those branches were. They were so tall. Closing his eyes, he groaned feeling the humidity. Jon lost count of how long he was looking up in the trees as he inhaled the humid air. It was the longest silence he could ever have without hearing his mates radios or his commanding officer telling him to quit nodding off.

I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 12:18:12 AM »

"Nice!" Jordan exclaimed the moment she appeared. "Just what we needed, a jungle. Julia..." She said to the woman with her. "Look at those ruins, I hope you brought your camera along." It wasn't something you saw often in Pegasus, only once or twice they had found unoccupied worlds that had ruins on them, so this was a bonus for them. "Fan out people, usual routine, fifty meter spread. Make sure you can see the next person." She began to move forward towards the nearest huge trees and old remnants of civilisation, curious as to who could have lived here once.
Far Dareis Mai

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 01:39:03 AM »

Corporal

"A jungle, does this mean I should have packed a machete." The idea of wandering through a probably hot jungle was not going to be easy.

"I look forward to seeing what they have here." John moved forward with his weapon raised slightly, he now needed to keep an eye out for alien life.

"Hey commander how come these planets all have so much life on them anyway?" He asked wondering where the plant and animal life was originating from.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 05:33:00 PM »

It was always the temperature differences that usually through her off when passing through the gate. It was like going in and out an underground, hot,cold, hot, cold.

"Of course of did...extra memory card too..."

She patted her pocket, before fishing out her camera, a few pictures would help. Not just from the point of view as an engineer but for surveys later on.

She started snapping, but made sure she was aware of her surroundings.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 12:28:46 PM »

<<M67A-526>>

Jon silently groaned caressing his neck softly and closed his eyes. He was staring up a bit too long for his taste and when he heard his mates behind him especially his commanding officer telling him to move out. Slowly moving his head down, he massaged his neck softly and placed his hand on his pocket. Unclipping it, he turned to Julia and smirked taking his own camera out halfway, "Don't worry about not having enough spares, doc. I got ya. I'll be taking pictures when we're not," he paused carefully wording his next phrase, "Under fire. We shouldn't be seeing any, but all the same. Stay alert, mates." he turned back to his group while dropping his camera back to his pocket. Making sure it was closed tightly, he rested his finger close to his rifle.

Nodding at his commander, he whispered, "Fanning out, Ma'am." he added with a mutter turning to face his path, "Something we need by now. Fans. It's getting too humid in here." The soldier Lieutenant was ready for this. No humidity would gonna get him. Or Wraith. Just one thing in front of him. Finding the missing team member of the Dreadnought.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 02:15:18 AM »

Though the temperature wasn't that high, Jordan figured around the mid twenties, which was confirmed anyway when they had sent a probe through earlier; it was humid, very humid. No sooner had they taken their first steps when she began sweating profusely. They would have to be very careful to make sure their gear wasn't affected, especially the weapons; but if they had been thoroughly serviced and oiled before leaving they should be okay. For Gulia and now apparently Jon, their cameras might be an issue, they were lucky at least that they weren't using film, that would be a problem.

As she mused on these things, immediately she regretted telling them to spread out. Jordan stopped beneath a huge monstrous tree that was taking over a very old structure, she turned around to find she couldn't see any of her team. No panic, she'll simply use the radio. "O'Neil to team come in...." She almost snatched it out of her ear in disgust, all she got was static. "Lovely, just lovely." She said to herself, then began retracing her steps until she got to where she thought she had been, the trouble was she hadn't been looking, it all looked the same.

((OOC we should all be lost at this point for a little while at least))
Far Dareis Mai

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
Re: M67A-526 unknown worl
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 12:27:18 AM »

The jungle was fairly warm but John was too distracted to notice much, he wanted to start his own private garden back on Earth with alien plants if that was ever possible. He moved through wondering if there was any fauna around to catch his eye though it appeared that rather they had scared them off or there was none.

Unlike the Milky Way he knew that most here would probably not be descended from Earth animals but to him that only made them more alien and therefore more fascinating. He had learned some things about the city such as the ancients and how the Wraith had defeated them in such a massive war, he only hoped he could stop the Wraith from ever doing such a thing again though he was not certain exactly how good their vessels were against the Wraith fleet.

From what he knew the Pegasus galaxies biggest problem was most of their allies were far weaker then in the Milky Way though they had the city of Atlantis as mentioned by Plato, how had he known about a city that was in another galaxy, John was no doctor or anything but he sure would like to have a chat with one in the Stargate program in private at some point.

Corporal

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 06:46:20 PM »

Just after a few snaps, Giulia was pulling at her collar to loosen it. The humidity was almost stifling on this world. From the photos she was taking of the architecture it was perfect for the plant life that was sprawling over the crumbling buildings.

It was not however conducive to her own thriving. Her clothes were starting to stick with sweat to her skin.

Carefully she approached the nearest ruin to her, she wasn't intending to enter, not without back up. She was trying to determine the technology level of the people that had been on this world.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 10:15:38 PM »

<<M67A-526>>

With the camera in hand, Jon wandered out a bit. It was a big area full of trees and ruins. He stepped over some fallen stones that used to be the steps. His brow was damp with his sweat. He was getting dirty. Time escaped him as he canvassed the path between the two stoned cropping. Entering the small, oval arena, Jon gasped looking around. With his rifle clipped to his BDU and hanging to the side, he picked the camera and gathered a few shots that were picture worthy.

The arena he was in was old and crumbling with vines and thick trunks from trees growing everywhere. Thinking back, Jon figured this place used to be a part of something. Like the Romans with their ancient Colosseum. Walking out a bit across the pit, his eye spied another entrance-way. It was dark with some light beaming in.

Curious, Jon placed the camera in his pocket and took out his weapon. Un clipping it from the buckle, he pointed it as the light flicked on. He entered the dark corridor softly and carefully just as some rocks fell free from above the doorway. It clattered on the floor alerting the lieutenant as he turned toward the noise. Seeing that it was nothing, he returned to his exploration of the dark corridor.

Above him atop the entrance way, more rocks crumbled and gave away as a clawed foot touched the rocky outcropping. A low growl sounded as a creature prowled down the arena. Opening its fangs, it snarled and sniffed smelling its next meal. Inside the entrance way, Jon was unwary of the creature as the light from his rifle showed him the way deeper into the ruined Arena.

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 01:37:49 AM »

With her clothes sticking to her, sweat pouring from her entire body Jordan fought madly in her mind to keep her composure as not all of that sweat came from the torrid humidity. Some of it was fear, that natural fear that came when one has been isolated from your comrades in some unknown place with all the mental terrors that came with it. She had been in this situation once before, years ago in Bolivia on a very similar type of day, traipsing around some ancient Mayan ruins hunting down a terrorist. The same thing happened, she was inadvertently separated from her teammates for around three hours knowing that singular individual had the advantage of being on his own turf could easily cut her down at any moment. Eventually she found her team, all alive of course, yet that fear never left her no matter how mentally strong she was; it was something you never forgot easily.

Since the radio wasn't working, she did the next best thing. "Julia! Agathon, Valentine!" She shouted over and over until her throat was hoarse.
Far Dareis Mai

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 11:49:05 PM »

He found himself far closer to the stone structure which he presumed was ancient though he was not currently in a position to know exactly. It was peculiar such an advanced race built structures out of stone when they supposedly had some of the most advanced materials in the galaxy but then he supposed they did it for important reasons he himself having a few ideas himself.

He then began to hear the names of his team being called including his own. It was difficult to know how far it was but deciding to stick to the wall he made his way in the direction the yelling was coming from. Hopefully nothing else was listening.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 06:24:22 PM »

Snapping away at the structures, Giulia tried to work out the method of construction. As a sideline, Giulia has a small interest in architecture, it was really the engineering behind great buildings, like that of her own native country's ancient history.

It gave her pride in her nation to think of what great engineers they had been. She was thinking a particular tricky part over when she heard her name being called out.

"Where did the others go? I have got to stop ignoring everything around me."

She muttered to herself, picking her way back to where her name was being called out.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 10:24:01 PM »

<<M67A-526>>

Sweat poured across his crown as Jon continued his exploration of the dark corridor within the ruins. He had removed his jacket and tied it around his waist. His BDU vest was over his shirt while showing his arms. Well defined and athletic, the young officer primed his weapon forward and followed the light as he turned the corner. Stopping before the dead end, Jon paused and looked around.

Muttering under his breath as his English accent echoed in the underground of the labyrinth, he swore, "sh*t."

Shaking his head, Jon turned around and followed the same path along to corridor to another section. Tapping his radio, he spoke, "Lieutena-"

The radio crackled and buzzed in his ear as he exclaimed placing back to his weapon, "Oh bloody piece of-Great job, Jon. Getting yourself lost in the ruins. Who knows how long I've been in here."

Finding his way back across the small corridor, the lieutenant found himself in another room. Looking around, he exclaimed turning around while flashing his light around. Without stopping, the soldier continued walking across the room toward another path to try to find himself out.

Behind him in the dark, the creature that was stalking him continued stealthily following him. Saliva dripped from its fangs as it opened its mouth. Licking its canines, the beast prowled slowly following Jon.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:25:41 PM by DanielRyder »

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 02:11:08 AM »

"Well done O'Neil." Jordan exclaimed bitterly as she plonked down on a tree stump, then immediately jumped up as some slithery thing came out of a hole at the base. Not easily startled in most cases but in just thirty minutes this place was starting to get to her. Somewhere off in the distance she 'thought' she could hear the sound of a voice, the dense jungle though seemingly swallowing everything up, making you question your own very existence. So she thought, she tried to imagine in her mind the trees she passed along the way, with her feet now following her mind, the eyes not even clearly seeing where she was going.

After some fifteen minutes, she broke out into the clearing to see the Stargate and the position they all started from. Yet knowing the radios were funky for the time being, Jordan sought out the next best thing that was possibly the only thing she could use to guide the others to her location. Taking out her side arm, she eased the chamber slide back, holding the weapon above her shoulder with the right arm fully extended, she fired off three shots with the immediate effect being a flock of birds taking flight in a loud screeching almost deafening noise. "Right, either of those will tell them where I am." She muttered to herself. 
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: [1] 2 3