Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: PacRim OOC chat  (Read 2301 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: PacRim OOC chat
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2018, 07:59:32 PM »

I like that better :lol

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 243
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2018, 07:48:13 PM »

I gotta check this as I did want to keep our existing histories without altering too much. Maybe when we wrote for 2020 they were younger than what we first wrote? Would that work? It'd mean less fiddling around with the biographies in that case, just small changes.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2018, 09:23:56 AM »

I'd rather not have to fiddle with histories as we all had ours set before we dwindled to a slow posting  :D

Thaddeus

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Thaddeus Thumb turning green.Thaddeus Thumb turning green.
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2018, 01:19:02 PM »

I'd be happy not to edit too much - so it sounds good to me if they were slightly younger in 2020.

I think we should open the playing field with the jaegers at the first point, we have Vulcan Spectre and Striker Eureka - but I think it would be good to throw in a couple more.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2018, 07:50:52 PM »

I changed Abi's bio birth date to 1996, which is only 3 years difference from the first version. That will make her now in 2025 29 years old, which makes sense since she is a Staff Sergeant with the PPDC for now. Sorra you can really leave Quinn's age as it is, he would still only be 32 in 2025 :)
Far Dareis Mai

Thaddeus

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2018, 05:48:11 PM »

Alright - looks like we have it balance out. We can always focus on the little details a little later on ;)

Anyway, I'll be compiling a file of information for use on this site - so that we can always make references to it when/if we need 'em.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2018, 10:56:56 AM »

yay!  hopefully we can get it going again. :yes:

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2018, 11:50:06 PM »

:yes: :sam59 :sam37
Far Dareis Mai

Thaddeus

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2018, 05:50:42 PM »

@Mim @sorra

Okay - I have far too much muse for Pacific Rim than is perhaps necessary and I think we have a couple of options; some which I've talked about and others we can explore and put it to a vote. Of course, we have previously said that we would need more players, but what we need to do is get the ball rolling and threads flowing.

• 01 | Setting: 2013/2015 | We set it during the start of the Kaiju war, have the mix between OC characters and canon characters from the film - we get to see the original jaegers and perhaps we can partially OC the crews of other jaegers.
  • 02 | Setting: 2025 | As we spoke about it, we have them at the end of the kaiju war, but perhaps this is where it goes AU - that the war didn't end there, that it's still continuing (as in the film, and the novelisation, it ended in 2025)
  • 03 | Setting: 2077 + | Far future, kaiju come back, etc. New jaegers are made and new crews.

My suggestions would be to focus on the rangers first and foremost and then bring in other characters around it - so we get jaegers filled and the capacity to throw them into battle.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2018, 04:42:43 PM »

I like it.  I would love to get back into this and am planning to go see the new Pacific Rim soon.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2018, 01:33:44 AM »

I guess the most important question to ask Thad, is have you been able to interest any others?

Other than that, since I am still pretty much a PR newbie, I like the #2 version. That way we don't have to futz with our characters too much :)
Far Dareis Mai

Thaddeus

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2018, 02:49:22 PM »

Not at the moment - I've been a tad bit busy RL but I will be able to do it once we pick up steam.

Of course, I'm more than willing to help you out with the PR verse if you have any particular questions. I can also transfer over a glossary for all things PR.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

lethal-pageant