Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Elemental World  (Read 370 times)

Cynadea

Elemental World
« on: April 07, 2017, 02:16:48 PM »

Genre: Human only, high fantasy-style.
People Required: 1, required to play two male characters.
Acronym: 7E, for 7 Elements

Premise: In an original world, everyone is born with control over a single element. The strength of said control varies, but the stronger one is in their single element, the more the element affects their personality. A very strong Fire elemental, for example, would be a very warm person, but also have a temper that flares, be very passionate, etc. Just think of the element itself and how it can apply on a personality.

The story that I would like to play, is this:
The king has yet to decide who between his two sons will be the heir when he passes, and he is not getting any younger. His sons would be in their early/mid 20's, not yet married, and neither truly suitable for the throne on their own (reason why to be discussed). During a raid on the royal carriage, a woman intervene and saves the king. Because of her courage and bravery (and she happens to be one of the high ranked noble) he tells his sons that whomever from the two who manages to win her hand will also get the crown.

Rules/Limitations:
  • I write at least 3 paragraphs per post.. I would prefer someone who can  give me more or less the same, consistently, within a week of my answer, without straining or needing to be poked for a reply.
  • There is to be a competition between the two brothers, but I don't want to turn this into some kind of ego-stroking, both men at her feet kind of thing. Maybe one of them does it only for the crown, and the other really likes the girl?
  • Meant to be fairly contained to the castle and its surrounding.

I'll add more as questions come, if there are any.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 10:21:56 PM by Cynadea »

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.
Re: Elemental World
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 09:45:21 PM »

I would like to know a bit more about the world. Potentially how big the kings kingdom is maybe even some possible neighbouring kingdoms.

What's the girl like? I'm presuming that for one or both of the sons to actually like her they would need something in common.

If I were to play I would want to only play one of the sons but I guess I'll think about it.

Cynadea

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 10:12:54 PM »

Shadow, you probably didn't read these right:

• Meant to be fairly contained to the castle and its surrounding.
which means that neighboring kingdoms would be completely irrelevant.

And:

People Required: 1, required to play two male characters.

So I am looking for someone to will write both characters.

I would provide a character sheet for the girl, but I think she would be a Water elemental.

I'll add something in the first post about elements.

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 10:52:14 PM »

Yeh sorry.. no fun for me if my only potential challenger was myself.

Cynadea

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 06:07:26 PM »

The point of having the same person play both brothers is that this way no one has the feeling of being the losing brother, and stop writing. I've experienced it more than once through my years in RP, and the momentum tends to deflate a lot when one of the trio loses their motivation.

lethal-pageant