Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Atlantis- Psychology Section- Med bay level  (Read 2254 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis- Psychology Section- Med bay level
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 03:08:49 AM »

Up to this point it was all standard procedure, Elle had nothing to hide in anything she managed to accomplish over the last month, except of course the first week when she felt she was losing it, she felt she was going to strangle someone every other minute of the day; to the extent she drove her crew so hard, almost cruelly in her quest to find Mike. It was that one last deed that had her sent home and the road to recovery; but...that last question. "Yes I have. So far I've spoken only to my parents at any great length. My friends....well Annie I had a lot to make up for, I started about an hour ago with an apology to some of my crew and Doctor Carrie Svensson. She most of all as it fell to her to fill in as Chief Medico aboard the Dreadnought, I think I took my anger out on her the most."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Val

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Val A new starter.
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 05:08:12 AM »

Annie had already perused Elle's file, so she was aware of what she meant when she spoke about catching up to do. They were starting to get closer to the crux of the issue, but at the very least, it seemed Elle was aware of her shortcomings and actively trying to make ammends.

"That's a positive start, Elle," she offered symapethetically. "It can be difficult to apologise, sometimes. How did they take it?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 03:07:42 AM »

Elle hadn't forgotten what else Annie had told her, it almost made her giggle for a moment. In her role and indeed in her career she had been subjected to numerous mental tests over the years to the point she considered herself something of an expert at them. Indeed she had even written her own to use on Junior officers seeking promotion. "I was quite taken aback really. I did expect some hostility after all I put them through but the experience was quite the opposite. I think the last week that I spent almost entirely with Teyla and her people over on the mainland taught me a little humility, making it far easier for me to do exactly what I needed to do." But now her mind was starting to drift a little, she was thinking right at that moment where else in the galaxy could the Wraith be hiding.
Far Dareis Mai

Val

• Recruit
  • Val A new starter.
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 07:24:17 AM »

If her friends were indeed willing to accept Elle's apology, that was some indication of how they felt about her. Good.

"I think that's all for questions for the moment, thank you Elle," Annie said encouragingly. She leaned forward, reaching for recorder on the table, then held it up to her mouth to sign off. "Interview portion ended at 10:34."

With a flick, the recorder was switched off. Annie put it down on the table beside her seat, then turned back to Elle and smiled.

"How are you feeling?" she asked. "Let me know if you need a break before we continue. Water, or a cup of coffee maybe?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 01:35:59 AM »

Crossing, then uncrossing her legs twice, Elle was a little fidgety, just a little as she glanced at her watch that wasn't there, only the whiter skin. "Ta." She said, although she knew immediately as that single little idiom slipped out of her mouth Annie wouldn't be familiar with it. "I mean thank you Annie. Not that I mind answering questions of course, its all par isn't it. Routine dictated by the powers that be to ensure those we send into battle are mentally equipped for it, true?" She arched her back again.

"I'm off coffee." She nodded to her file, Doctor johansson saw to that. "Tea if you have it, or the water will be fine, although....I could use something to eat now that my mind is clearer. To be truthful I think I've been pretty negligent over the last week, existing on snack bars other than one decent meal yesterday with Teyla." Which she had to admit was very filling. "Right now you mean? Chilled. I think better than I was a month ago, possibly better than I've been for some time. Now I want to ask you something Annie if you don't mind?"
Far Dareis Mai

Val

• Recruit
  • Val A new starter.
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2017, 03:35:17 AM »

"I think that's more than fair," Annie replied cheerfully as she stood up. There wasn't much in the room by way of supplies, but she had a kettle and some paper cups in order to make a few refreshments. "I've asked you my share of questions after all."

She was usually fairly open with clients, within reason. There were a few boundaries that couldn't be crossed, of course, but presuming the intention was innocent enough, it helped to craft a two way rapport now and again. Elle seemed pretty open so far, but you could never tell for sure.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 02:53:21 AM »

Settling back a little Elle went straight into it without waiting, it was something she needed to know for both her sake and Mike's; if they find him, which she was determined to do. Something in her heart and mind said he was still out there somewhere. "When I leave, hopefully of course with your passing word on my state of mind and general well being, I would like to officially request that you be on the Dreadnought with us. We will find Mike, I know we will, but when we do, what his mental state will be is no one's guess Annie and I think you can understand the reason I am asking you this. We don't have anyone on board with the skills to deal with something like this."
Far Dareis Mai

Val

• Recruit
  • Val A new starter.
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 11:54:57 PM »

Huh, that was a...

Very direct request.

Annie paused when she reached the kettle, frowning slightly as she mulled it over.

That would be... huh. She crossed her arms, turning to face Elle again and leaning her hip against the cheap plastic table. She could, of course, but that might leave a number of her patients in the lurch. A few of them were quiet delicate cases, but as long as—

So long as she could still contact base to keep appointments by Audio Visual Link, then...

Mike, however...

Perhaps Elle was right. If he'd somehow survived all of this — even if it was unlikely — then Annie would much rather deal with him in person. Elle, too, would benefit from continuing therapy, especially if the search turned out to be fruitless. She was too good at what she did to lose over mental health issues.

"I can," Annie replied after a moment, the jug starting to boil behind her. It wasn't without some hesitation however. She would be giving up a lot. But...

"Have you spoken to anyone else about this?" she asked, probing. This would have to go through brass, of course, but assuming all was well, and she wouldn't lose contact with her patients on base, then it might be for the best.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2017, 01:52:13 AM »

As things go this was a quite remarkable situation, for it was Elle herself who had both seniority over John Sheppard and in certain circumstances even Woolsey. Not that she was one to press such an event, she wasn't; she'd still go through the motions and correct channels to ensure it was done correctly and according to procedure. "Carrie Svensson and I talked about it earlier, so it isn't a big secret Annie. Besides I believe its the natural thing to do, with the only person really needing to clear it is Doctor Keller. As I understand it she is off world until the end of the month, but we can radio her just the same. John I'm sure would agree, as would Richard Woolsey....so, can I set the wheels in motion?" She knew though, there was still the tiny matter of Annie signing Elle's 'fit to resume duty' papers.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:09:49 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Val

• Recruit
  • Val A new starter.
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2017, 01:17:07 AM »

Annie had to smile to herself. By the sounds of it, apparently she was the last person to find out.

She busied herself getting the drinks ready to specification, pondering it a little more first, and handed Elle hers before she sat down.

"You believe he's out there, then?" she said as she resumed her seat. Annie had lost her 'psychologist' voice for the question, and it was plain that this one was off the record.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2017, 03:03:35 AM »

@Val

'Hot." She grinned at the good doctor when her hand surrounded the cup; which was perfectly fine because the city's life support aka air conditioning was always slightly colder than what would be expected back home, that perfect twenty two. Here it was more like hovering between seventeen in some sections and around twenty further up the tower and often it would fluctuate either way. Not bad though when one considers the city was millions of years old.

Elle sat back a little, as best she could on the couch since she was still more or less sitting 'side saddle'. "Yes I do. Mike and I go back three years, a rather stormy relationship that would put Melbourne's weather to shame." She didn't have to elaborate on that for even a New Yorker like Annie would be well aware of the other city's claim to fame. "But in that time Annie, despite our often differences there is one single factor that draws us together. We love each other insanely, to the point I can feel him at a distance and though, I cannot say I feel that same essence now; there is this thing in my heart and soul that tells me he is still alive." She took a little sip. "Hmmm, Earl Grey. Very nice."
Far Dareis Mai

Val

• Recruit
  • Val A new starter.
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2017, 04:10:15 AM »

"It's hard to find people who appreciate good tea," said Annie with a small smile. She was fond of it herself, unusually for an American, and even if the majority of the base seemed to prefer coffee.

As for Mike, while Annie couldn't scientifically verify the ability to "feel" another person through the expanse of space, she could certainly understand the sentiment. It was the answer that a part of her had been hoping for, especially since it hit so close to home.

"Very well then, Elle," she said, her decision made. "If you believe he's alive, it'd be an honour to accompany you in your search."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2017, 01:48:08 AM »

@Val

Doing her best impression of Teal'c (yes she had read all the files on him) Elle threw the hot tea down in one delicate gulp, one very hot but satisfying gulp. "Aussies were once renown for being better tea drinkers than the English. Somewhere in the eighties that took a definite left turn towards coffee. My parents hated the stuff, so we grew up on tea, so much so that my Dad planted a  Camellia sinensis tree in our yard. Coming from Brisbane it flourished well until the floods of 93 that killed it. Sad day that was for my mother." Fortunately since they had moved to Cairns more recently, they had a garden of several varieties.

That last answer made her beam brightly, flashing her famous twenty grand smile. "Welcome aboard Annie, I'll have some space wings to pin on your chest very soon. Now, I think since I know Sheppard is itching to get us moving, with your permission I should go and contact Jennifer, see Woolsey and we can get this ball rolling."
Far Dareis Mai

Val

• Recruit
  • Val A new starter.
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2017, 02:41:25 AM »

Annie grinned. "You're getting ahead of yourself there, Captain," she said, reaching over the side of her chair to pull a flat, square device from a top drawer. It was similar to a tablet, although clearly built to resist a few knocks, and a caduceus was laser etched into the back. "One more thing before you go."

She punched in a few details which brought up a loading screen, then sat up a little, reaching forward to hand it to Elle. "Nearly finished. In a moment, the screen will come up with -- Ah, there it is -- a short series of tests," she explained, sitting back down. "It should only take about five minutes. You'll see some flash cards, some images, a few math equations, and at the end there will be a reflex test. Touch the Start button when you're ready. It should only take about five minutes to complete, and then you're free to go. I'd say you've had enough of this office for one day."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2017, 09:17:55 PM »

"Can you blame me?" Elle all but laughed, her face showing just how much she had improved even over the last forty eight hours which surely would have pleased Annie.

Elle took the device, looked at intently then pressed the start, as each puzzle came to her she processed it in her usual non plussed way before providing the correct answer. In all she failed just one, missing a decimal point on one of the math equations, one she should have known by rote, a mere distraction, but when all was considered, 99% wasn't bad. "There ya go." She said equaling Annie's grin as she handed it back with a very steady hand.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

lethal-pageant