Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Atlantis- Psychology Section- Med bay level  (Read 2346 times)

Val

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Val A new starter.
Re: Atlantis- Psychology Section- Med bay level
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2017, 02:40:03 AM »

Annie accepted it back, pressing two or three prompts before saying anything further in order to save the results.

"Thank you, Elle," she said, standing up in order to shake the other woman's hand. "I'll have the report typed by midday tomorrow to show to your superiors, but, between you and me, I don't think we'll have any trouble," she said reassuringly.

"Thank you for your time, Captain, and, I dare say we'll be in touch."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 250
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2017, 01:05:34 AM »

"Whoa!" Elle held her hand for the shake in a mild state of panic. "Annie I need that clearance five minutes ago. Sheppard is briefing the teams now, Woolsey is expecting the Dreadnought to leave within the hour....soooo and we have a deal you and I." She wasn't going to let the woman slip away that easily. "The only trouble I am envisioning right now is my crew descending on your office setting up a picket line." She was of course joking, but then knowing her crew...
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Val

• Recruit
  • Val A new starter.
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2017, 04:34:02 AM »

Anne's mouth pulled into a thin line, looking distinctly unimpressed and hoping against hope Elle was only joking and didn't seriously expect her to study the results, prepare a report, write a recommendation, recieve the necessary briefs, say goodbyes, and pack for an indefinite trip all with only an hour's notice.

Not good. That sort of poor foresight was a major course for concern.

"I hope this is not the way you typically run your ship, Captain,"  Annie said tersely, withdrawing her hand.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2017, 09:55:01 PM »

"Christ no!" Elle said vehemently. "Command would shoot me if that were so Annie. No this comes from having a civilian running Atlantis, its like 'don't shoot the messenger' situation here right now. If I am not in that skipper's chair, they will be sitting my XO there and she does not have the experience to do that. God...." She had her hand on her forehead. "....the girl can barely organize her routine as it is. She's good taking orders and knowing what I want, but that is as far as it goes. Listen Annie, I know the system, your word will be enough for Richard, we can fill out the paperwork later. Or you can do it on board if you like."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:57:54 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Val

• Recruit
  • Val A new starter.
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2017, 07:21:51 PM »

Annie considered for a moment before offering a short nod.

"Very well, Captain," she said, a hint of her old smile returning as she relaxed again. "I shall see you at the Hangar in approximately forty five minutes. Leave the rest to me, Captain."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2017, 09:18:03 PM »

"Make that the bridge. Ping me when you're ready Annie...which reminds me, you've never been demolecularized and put back together again have you?" That old Elle grin of all things evil was back, which meant Elle was back in full form. "Beaming is such fun for the newb. Forty five, I'll be waiting." With that she was off at the run, much the same as she started earlier in the day.

<<To Cafe via Quarters>>

On her way out, she radioed Woolsey very quickly, hopefully he was up on his 'Strine'. "Richard, Elle, beating a retreat to quarters, will be aboard in twenty after I connect with Sheppard. McFearson out."
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2018, 02:35:21 AM »

*Radio*

"Colonel Horowitz, could you come up to the Control room please."

@Bluebell722
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2018, 09:15:41 AM »

Annie lifted her head, startled at the incoming radio chat, but she listened, nodded, then tapped her radio to make a reply.

*Radio*

"Be right there."

She powered down her datapad, set it aside, stretched, and then headed for the nearest transporter.

>>To Control>>

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2018, 02:34:18 PM »

>>From Control Room>>

Annie arrived back in the med bay, prepared to meet with her new patient. Trauma-related memory loss was not uncommon, was an issue she had dealt with before, but she had to be prepared for the possibility that her patient's memory loss was not solely physiological or psychological. Advanced technology that could manipulate minds was both fascinating and terrifying. Not being able to trust one's own mind was -

Annie didn't linger on that thought too long. Right now she had to trust her own mind and training to make sure her patient received the best care possible.

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2018, 12:02:11 AM »

A flare of light caught Annie's attention out of the corner of her eye. She turned and looked at the CCTV feed on her computer monitor. Dr. Svensson and other personnel had just beamed into the iso unit.

Annie studied her unconscious patient for a long moment.

Then he turned and headed into the iso unit. She needed to talk to Dr. Svensson ASAP.

>>To infirmary iso unit>>

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2018, 12:15:48 AM »

>>From Infirmary Iso Unit>>

Annie opened her office door, held it wider for Carrie to join her.

"If there's no detectable physical trauma, the best we can do is proceed on the premise that he's suffered psychological trauma. If symptoms persist that can't be accounted for from psychology alone, we'll start pursuing other avenues of treatment. What can you tell me about his most recent symptoms?"

@NG
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 11:36:38 AM by Bluebell722 »

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2018, 02:36:56 PM »

Sitting down in one of the arm chairs, Carrie leaned back with a small sigh of relief. It felt *so good to be off ones feet for a while. She took a small sip, savoring it for a few seconds, making sure the doors where shut before speaking up.
“I can only sum up the bits and pieces I picked up from the brief reports I got from Cate, Lena and Sheppard as well as the minutes I met him in the Hangar bay. When he looked at me the first time I saw him in the jumper, there wasn’t even a hint of recognition in his eyes or face. Not even a twitch. It was like he’d never seen me before. You see, I’ve known Mike for about a year now. Worked alongside of him so I’d say I know him quite well. He’s usually like an open book, very easy to read, close to his emotions, if you understand what mean”

She took another sip of her coffee before moving on. “I only did a very brief check on his vitals before we left the jumper since he was upright, walking and talking. He was sweating, but I more or less ignored that due to them coming straight from a winter climate and in to the heat of the Hangar bay. His pulse was strong and steady, but rapid, meaning his BP was most likely within reasonable figures too. So I just pushed on. Big mistake of me for not thinking he was down right scared. He had a full blown panic attack when we where about to enter the elevator. As far as I know, Mike has never suffered from claustrophobia.”

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2018, 03:32:43 PM »

Annie nodded, making a mental note, though she would document everything later.

"All right. Sounds like that claustrophobia is trauma-related. Small spaces must be a trigger for his trauma. We'll see what other context we can glean. If Jaworski is stable enough for gate travel, we should get back to the SGC as soon as possible so we can begin treatment. I'll introduce myself to him, of course, start building that rapport as soon as possible."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2018, 12:42:58 PM »

“I guess we won’t know for sure until we’re standing there. At least the Gate room here is bright and spacious, hopefully that’ll make it easier for him. If it turns out to difficult,” Carrie shook her head, “…well, let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.”
It went without saying that they in that case had a bigger problem than they all wanted in their hands.
“The drug he’s sleeping on now is quickly metabolized once we stop the infusion, so he’ll be able to get back home as soon as you’ve met him and made a first assessment. As far as I understand it from the away teams, Mike was fully cognitive and has been working for a living among the locals for these last couple of weeks.”
Taking another sip of her coffee, she looked over the rim of the cup with a hint of a smile, “It might not be very professional of me to say this, but I choose to take that as a good sign for him, but then again, you’re the expert here, me – I’m just the surgeon.”

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2018, 09:08:25 PM »

<Horowitz's office>

"The fact that he was able to carry out normal daily activities is a good sign -it means that whatever trauma symptoms he has aren't too disruptive." Annie finished her tea and stood. "If he did have PTSD immediately after his capture, it's probably in remission, as it were, which is also a good sign of his resilience. Our focus going forward should be helping him recover his memories. Shall we wake him?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4