Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Caemlyn - A meeting of Minds ATTN Xarxu  (Read 658 times)

Hamdilla

Caemlyn - A meeting of Minds ATTN Xarxu
« on: June 12, 2017, 05:47:43 PM »

@XARXU
Jayda "Jay" sur Paendrag Paeron
Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah | Dragonsworn

<<Once the party bringing Corese and Company arrive and settles in Caemlyn>>

The lighting in the small room of an inn was unnatural how it did not flicker as candles did. A weave that had been tied off emitted a glow akin to the sun, but dimmer. It lit her rooms nicely, and she was alone for a rare moment. She looked at herself in the mirror. She would begin to get wisps of grey over the next century, if she lived to see it.

The Green put on a rather modest low cut sleeveless dress of a near yellow green, her cloak the same dark green one she'd worn the night she met the party out on the road, with the Dragon Banner emblazoned large and boldly on the back. Tonight, it was more a shield than anything, a reminder of their truce. At least with her. A meeting with an Asha'man. A male channeler of the True Source. She wondered at how sane he was, his often seeking of quiet places, the look about his face when he thought none looked. But she had a purpose and mission of this evening.

Having made reservation in the second level private dinning room for only the two of them and a single maid, she'd ensured they would not be bothered. She put on a rose scented oil, her face painted just enough to bring out her natural beauty, not try and replace it. She slipped into the dinning chamber with little more noise than a cat, slippered dark green velvet quiet on the polished oak floors. The globe of light gone since leaving her quarters, candles and wall sconces now lit the room, along with a fireplace. She hopped she had beat him here, she liked to get a feel of things before-hand, so she would have a slightly more comfortable foot hold.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 05:36:52 PM by Hamdilla »

XARXU

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • XARXU A new starter.
  • Wheel of Time RPer
Re: Caemlyn - A meeting of Minds ATTN Xarxu
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 09:09:50 AM »

@Hamdilla
Mazim "Maximillion" Abahi
Asha'man

(Attire: Image Link)

He had arrived later than her, a habit that seemed to carry into most of his interactions with others as well as her. Although he played it off like he was always busy, or sometimes shrugged it off like he didn’t care, it was actually because he was such a shy person, it took him awhile to work up the nerve to go and meet people. He didn’t like crowded spaces with a lot of people he had to acknowledge and interact with, but he also struggled in intimate, one-on-one interactions where there weren’t other, more socially savvy individuals to carry the conversation, or to help him make sure he didn’t say something ignorant or offensive to the wrong person. In truth, he wasn’t as bad off as he considered himself to be, but it couldn’t be denied that he was a bit rough around the edges, although it was also true that most would probably overlook his awkwardness if he made a better effort to actually arrive on-time.

During his Asha’man training, Max had been provided an opportunity to familiarize himself with the Aes Sedai, and to learn of the different Ajahs, their stated purposes, and had been warned to keep away from Red Sisters, due to their obsessive interest in castrati-…no, they called it Gentling – the men they met who could Channel. Unaware of the pride with which the Aes Sedai regarded their respective Ajahs, he was naturally wary of any woman who gave off the vibe that she might be an Aes Sedai; it was easy to change your clothes, and either dress as a civilian, or wear colors that implied you were one Ajah, when you might in truth belong to a different Ajah. However, as he made his way to the meeting place he had scheduled to meet the Green Sister at, he mulled over his racing thoughts, acknowledging the paranoia therein, and he reminded himself, more than once, to try and have more confidence in his abilities, and be less worried about what ‘might be’ or ‘could be’, and to focus on what actually ‘was’.

He arrived wearing black pants, doublet, and cloaks, laced with gold embroidery. It was the kind of thing a Nobleman might wear, and anyone who actually knew his background (which was, what, two people in all the world?) would wonder where he had acquired the means to wear such nice clothes, but the truth was as simple as him happening to buy them from a shady dealer who had probably stolen them, or had acquired them through other illicit means. If confronted by someone who knew about this, Max would protest with a ‘hey, I bought it fairly and lawfully, I never felt it necessary to ask where a merchant produces or buys his wares’ and promptly dismiss it. He wore the clothes because the loose-fitting clothes, and the heavy cloaks, felt like armor to him when he was in uncertain situations, much the reason he suspected the Nobles wore them for.

When he came in, he saw her, and paused immediately. He could feel the tension creeping into his body, into his chest, and he had no idea what to say, or what to do, and his thoughts began racing again. Gritting his teeth, he forced himself to take a couple more tense steps forward, then stopped again, folding his arms over his chest. He decided to exude a feigned aura of arrogance, rather than betray the anxiety and uncertainty that threatened to overwhelm him.

“I am here, as agreed, Aes Sedai. May I know what the purpose behind this meeting was?”

CHARACTER LIST

• | Mazim (Wheel of Time RP)
  --
  --
  --
  --
  --

Hamdilla

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 01:22:33 PM »

@XARXU
Jayda "Jay" sur Paendrag Paeron
Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah | Dragonsworn

Jayda stood near the fireplace, ignoring the warmth of the room, and refusing to sweat. Her dress helped, as light of fabric and lithe of cut as it was. Her hand glistened in the flickering lights, the golden serpent ring seeming to change colors along with her many bracelets and necklaces. Her silhouette was a striking figure, slim with curves only emphasized as she let her cape fall around a chair back.

Turning as the man entered, she rested an ageless face of predatory like beauty upon him. Her eyes seemed to take him in and weigh him as second nature. She'd long trained her fears into submission, but it did not mean she did not recognize them, or the danger this man represented. Folding her hands before her she unconsciously touched the ter'angreal on her wrist; though she did not embrace saidar.

The man did not seem dangerous, and his arrogance would have to be dealt with. Over all, he was do for new clothes. But that look in his eye gave her pause. A weapon in man's skin. "Like a Warder." She thought. "No, not like any Warder but one who lost their bondmate" He still seemed but a boy to her, and yet, that would insult him, as it would any man; no matter how true. "Asha'man. I am Jayda Sedai, of the Green Ajah, and sworn to the Lord Dragon. Please, would you have a seat and enjoy a cup of tea so that we may talk?" That was her answer, an answer with a question. Surprising? Shouldn't be.

She gestured to the serving woman, and tea was brought out and cups placed for both of them at the table. Jayda would wait on Mazim's movement before going to the table herself. She sat easily, her skirts kept tight with her second hand swiftly tightening it as she took the  cushioned seat. The silks of the gown made a low whisking sound, as she crossed her legs and took a seat, her back straight, and smile a little more than friendly.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 09:38:05 PM by Hamdilla »

XARXU

• Airman First Class
  • XARXU A new starter.
  • Wheel of Time RPer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 03:58:02 PM »

(OOC: My posts may be short for awhile, please bear with me! I will try and still be thorough)

Had she shared her age with him, he wouldn't have felt emasculated, nor would her comparing her age to his have caused him to become indignant or upset; ironically, unaffected by these common triggers men harbored, he would have been more upset with her ease, and the way she acted as though this came to her so easily, tense and anxious as he was. He was a man with progressive views, but every man had their quirks.

"Well met, Jayda Sedai." Mazim replied, a touch more formally than the situation warranted. It was Mazim's natural inclination to become more formal, the more tense he was. He followed her to the table, but waved off the offer of tea. "I'm not much of a tea drinker, sorry."

It wasn't a complete lie, considering what he drank depended upon what he was in the mood for, and his preferences for various types of drinks changed frequently; ale one week, tea for a few days, just plain water for three days, corn liquor the next, and so forth. However, Mazim also didn't like to drink anything he didn't prepare, or watch someone else prepare step-by-step, due to a combination of trust issues, and just being particular about what he drank.

He took his seat after taking another look around the room, mentally cataloguing everything, and anyone, present. When he sat, he used the back of the chair like normal, but was sitting at a slant on the chair, as though poised to use that chair as a weapon in the blink of an eye; this wouldn't be evident to most, he might be thought of as some kind of delinquent for sitting so oddly in the chair. To the trained eye, however, it was as though he was constantly poised, like a coil pressed tight, ready to bolt - or strike - if whatever social situation he was in proved to be an ambush of some sort.

"How can I be of help?" He asked politely.

[/font]

CHARACTER LIST

--
  --
  --
  --
  --

Hamdilla

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 04:19:26 PM »

(OOC: No worries just glad you're here :) )

Jayda looked at the tea, and then poured herself some into a small sea folk porcelain cup. She lounged in her chair the way a leopard might perch in a tree. Graceful, and yet, one wouldn't want to walk beneath it. The scent of the tea was dark and strong, and she allowed herself to sense it. To become hyperaware of the room. A Grounding exercise, one she hadn't used in some time. She reached to the side of the table and rested her long dagger from her hip there.

"It's not so much how you can help, but rather, how we can." Jayda's voice was whimsical and crisp at the same time. Light like her beauty, with a depth of womanhood. She may not have had any grey in her hair, but it was obvious by her personage she was no fresh faced Sister.

"I require your help with something in the Power, something to aid the Lord Dragon in the Last Battle. For this, I need your cooperation; and trust. So we are here, to build that trust." At a wave from Jayda the room emptied of servant's. She embraced saidar and wove a shield against eavesdropping. "I have made us silent, none can hear lest they use the Power; and should they try I will know."

The woman looked back at him, her height seeming to not be an issue as she looked from the pool of thought in her eyes. "I intend to Link with one of you Asha'man. I must feel saidin for myself." And judge the madness she added in her head. "I want you to be that Asha'man."
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 04:21:40 PM by Hamdilla »

XARXU

• Airman First Class
  • XARXU A new starter.
  • Wheel of Time RPer
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 11:52:17 AM »

Weren't they called Warders or something, the men who underwent a process like this with an Aes Sedai? Or wait, perhaps that was something else, 'bonding' or something. He always got the two confused.

Mazim's father had always warned him about dealing with Aes Sedai, but also against paying too much heed to the rumors about Aes Sedai; instead, he was urged to keep his eyes open, to think carefully, and make sure any terms he had were clear, if he ever found himself dealing with them. Mazim had trust issues, that much was for sure, and how did he know she wouldn't attempt to 'gentle' him on the premise of 'Linking' with him?

Well, he had an answer for that.

"I would be willing to Link with you, to let you have a taste of what Saidin feels like, or as close of a idea a wielder of Saidar can get. That said, I would prefer to have someone I trust present when it happens, someone who can see and sense Saidar and can alert me if anything unpleasant is about to occur that might put us at risk. I have no doubts about your abilities, Aes Sedai, I just prefer to be safe than sorry, unless you can explain to me how I can trust that the weaves you use are meant to do what you say, and not something less, erm....undesirable?"

CHARACTER LIST

--
  --
  --
  --
  --

lethal-pageant